• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Went from Building a T1X to parting it out. Check classifieds for huge savings.

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire
Building a T1X now that I could finally secure one in left hand. Going to be some intermittent "growing" phases as I wait on the Grayboe Phoenix 2.0. Not a lot out there for us lefties (as always). Nothing super special but always love the .22's

Rifle: Tikka T1X 20” MTR
Scope: Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44 mm FFP EBR-7C MRAD
Scope Rings: Vortex Precision Matched Rings
Scope Rail: Area 419 Rail 15 MOA
Cheek Riser: Kalix Teknik CR1

Misc Upgrades:
Recoil Pad: T3X Recoil Pad
Grip: Tikka T3X Vertical “Grippy” Vertical Grip
Bottom Metal: Mountain Tactical
Bottom Metal Screws: DIP
Bolt Knob: DIP Executive

Misc Accessories / On Order:
Magazine: x4 (Total of 5 including 1 that comes with the rifle)
Bore Guide: Boretech
Upgraded Stock: Grayboe Phoenix 2.0 in Woodland Dip Camo

UPDATE 9/30/23:
So I'm waiting on the Grayboe Phoenix 2.0 (should be about another 5 - 6 weeks) and the Mountain Tactical Arca Rail.

Got the stock back from High Desert Rifle Works with the Kalix Teknik cheek riser installed. Have done / added just about everything else I originally planned on.

On the fence if I'll keep or sell the OEM stock with the upgrades when the Grayboe comes in. It's light and handy but I'll probably spring for a RimX next versus another T1X.
IMG_0861.jpeg
IMG_0862.jpeg
IMG_0863.jpeg
IMG_0864.jpeg
IMG_0865.jpeg
IMG_0866.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: spartan67
To use until the grayboe comes in
Ah, understood. I ran a Victor Company cheek rest setup on mine, and it worked great, and was about $40 shipped to my door. I knew it wasn't staying in the factory stock setup for long, so I wasn't going to dump a ton of cash into it.

Ah, understood. I ran a Victor Company cheek rest setup on mine, and it worked great, and was about $40 shipped to my door. I knew it wasn't staying in the factory stock setup for long, so I wasn't going to dump a ton of cash into it.
Right on. I’m thinking of picking up a tikka t3x for hunting. If I do it’ll transfer over. If not I’ll sell it.

Reactions: HPIguy
Right on. I’m thinking of picking up a tikka t3x for hunting. If I do it’ll transfer over. If not I’ll sell it.
Understood. I'm thinking about picking up a 16" T1X for shooting a different class at my local match, and some hunting duties. Love my T1X, and my T3X.

Reactions: USMC22
Update 10/2/23

Today was the first trip to the range with the TIKKA T1X. Here are the final 3 groups of 5 shots at 50 yards with Lapua Center X. I'm not wow'ed yet and it was not all sunshine and rainbows (I'll get into that following the pics):
IMG_0896.jpeg

IMG_0895.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

Now for the ugly... While cycling the bolt it came completely out. Initially I thought I had just cycled it too hard and then I saw the bolt release on the shooting table along with the spring. The pin that holds it in place is supposed to be supported by a shelf on the stock. Perhaps mine was shorter or there was too much "forgiveness" built in to the actual bolt release. I separated the barreled action from the stock and there it was.

I reinstalled the pin and torqued to the 44 inch pounds that tikka recommends. I know this seems high and I initially only did 25 inch pounds but thought maybe that contributed to the pin falling out.

I had it happen 4 more times. The pin is loose and doesn't have sufficient spring tension to keep it from falling out when pushing in the bolt release and not supported by the stock. When reinstalled the stock "should" keep it from falling out but doesn't.

I contacted Beretta Customer Service and was told there is '1' bolt release assembly group "in stock" and I should have it in 5 - 7 business days. I asked what would happen in the event the inventory wasn't correct and I was told "it will sit on backorder until one is received".

Fingers crossed at this point... anyone else have this issue?
IMG_0892.jpeg

IMG_0891.jpeg

IMG_0890.jpeg

IMG_0889.jpeg

It shouldn't fall out. If the fit is that loose, I'd make and fit my own pin.

As to the stock not holding it in place, it's possible you didn't have the action seated all the way onto the recoil lug. It can be a tight fit into the slot on the receiver.

Reactions: Hambone8
It shouldn't fall out. If the fit is that loose, I'd make and fit my own pin.

As to the stock not holding it in place, it's possible you didn't have the action seated all the way onto the recoil lug. It can be a tight fit into the slot on the receiver.
I had the same thought but seating it firmly in place and torquing I can't imagine I got it wrong 4 times. I also imagine I'd have difficulty with thread engagement on the forward action screws.

@6.5SH I took it apart again and can replicate the issue when the bolt is installed, pulled rear and the bolt release button is hit. The bolt release pin falls into the stock.

IMG_0898.jpeg
IMG_0900.jpeg
IMG_0902.jpeg
IMG_0904.jpeg
IMG_0905.jpeg
IMG_0910.jpeg
IMG_0911.jpeg
IMG_0912.jpeg

Damn, hate you're having these issues. They are great little shooters, but many seem to have teething issues.

Damn, hate you're having these issues. They are great little shooters, but many seem to have teething issues.
@HPIguy I hadn't heard about the teething issues. Being left handed the kinks are usually worked out by the time left hand is available (like the extractor issue).

@HPIguy I hadn't heard about the teething issues. Being left handed the kinks are usually worked out by the time left hand is available (like the extractor issue).
I'd make a pin that fits snug or glue it.

But I recall another post here about a guy who's new T1x was missing his bolt stop when he got it home. I wonder if his was left handed as well.

@6.5SH I'm concerned about glueing it in place after reading some T3's having broken pins and needing replacement.
Interestingly his WAS a left handed model:

Perhaps is an issue with the stock on these?

So, out of curiosity I pulled the trigger guard off my right hander. If the stock supports that pin it is just BARELY on the edge of it.
From your pic with the green arrow the pin would be 99.9% or more inside the inlet. It honestly looks like it depends on friction not the stock to retain it. I can't move the pin by hand on mine.

Given it is a blind hole I'd only glue the exposed end if you go that way as a fix.

Thanks for checking.

When I've had the pin removed there is an indexing recess for the pin in the receiver. I'm hesitant to glue it.

Are you saying without friction from the pin itself yours doesn't have support from the stock either and would fall out?

I'm wondering where is a small pin if cycling the bolt hard is an issue as well, causing it to break down...

Thanks for checking.

When I've had the pin removed there is an indexing recess for the pin in the receiver. I'm hesitant to glue it.

Are you saying without friction from the pin itself yours doesn't have support from the stock either and would fall out?

I'm wondering where is a small pin if cycling the bolt hard is an issue as well, causing it to break down...
Took a pic of it seated in the stock with trigger guard off:

T1x stop pin.jpg

Thank you very much. At this point I'd say it is supposed to be a friction fit pin and that mine is just out of spec / smaller and not held in tight enough. Looks like I need a new pin that will need to be assisted with a punch to seat properly.

Haven't had issues with my lefty. Haven't had it out much but mine is in a Mdt Xrs that I lefty converted. The pin didn't fall out when I was switching stuff around.

Contacted EuroOptic where I purchased the rifle. They’re working on it with Beretta for me… will keep the post updated.

Could also look at getting a 5/64" pin that is the correct length. McMaster Carr can be your friend. Available in 4140, 18-8, 316, and 416.

Could also look at getting a 5/64" pin that is the correct length. McMaster Carr can be your friend. Available in 4140, 18-8, 316, and 416.
I’m hesitant to modify it until I know what EuroOptic and Beretta work out. They apparently are considering swapping it out and Beretta would take the defect one.

I did cancel the Grayboe Stock order… I don’t want to sink any more money into something I don’t have a lot of trust in yet

I’m hesitant to modify it until I know what EuroOptic and Beretta work out. They apparently are considering swapping it out and Beretta would take the defect one.

I did cancel the Grayboe Stock order… I don’t want to sink any more money into something I don’t have a lot of trust in yet
So order the correct pin and keep the old one to send to them. Means you're not out of using it in the mean time.

Got a UPS Shipment Notice that I'll be receiving a package from Beretta tomorrow. . . should be a new bolt release assembly as they "don't have the pin" as a separate line item.

Reactions: Hambone8
Part came, still slips out with gravity. . . restored rifle to factory configuration and place all accessories in the rimfire classifieds. I'm done. Waiting to hear back from EuroOptic on options as they're reaching out to Beretta. If you're in the market for a Vortex Strike Eagle, a sweet kit for your T1X... our classifieds may be the place to look

EuroOptic received the rifle today. . . supposed to be issued a store credit as they are being refunded by Beretta for the rifle.

It's all good.

Beretta is taking care of it.

EuroOptic is a middle man in this and I'm not a fan on how they've handled it. They've always been my goto for optics and like many others here have spent a stupid amount of money on this hobby / sport.

I've always just gone with them but will be shopping around in the future. . .

You are not alone.
Different rifle (CZ457 in an Oryx chassis), and my bolt stop pin fell out just after a match. Luckily I was at home walking in to put the rifle away when the pin dropped out. Bolt stop and spring went flying away in to dark carpet. Found the bits and put it together and wanted a way to stop this happening again (MDT know about the problem with there being no wee 'ledge' for the pin to sit down onto...but aren't going to address it).
Anyway...I used a wee bit of foam (ear plug) and glued it under the pin (into that cut away piece of the action).
Can be easily removed if needed.
Has been in there for near on 2 years now and no more problems.
Might help those of you with similar rifles/chassis?
The white arrow shows the foam piece. Ignore red arrow...it's just showing a new trigger pin.
Pin.jpg

Dang, that's too bad. I have been looking get a lefty Tikka. I have a lefty CZ 452, but its the iron sight model.

Dang, that's too bad. I have been looking get a lefty Tikka. I have a lefty CZ 452, but its the iron sight model.
CZ 457 Varmints are coming around in stock . . . the only issue I have is finding a left hand stock or chassis. There are a few out there but the manners CZ stock retains the right hand thumb shelf if carved out for a lefty. The other chassis manufacturer is smaller .. . and not responsive

I have one. Modified a xrs for mine. Need better pics for it. No issues with mine.
20231014_135007.jpg

Arken Ep5 on top
Area 419 rail
Sterk swept knob and shroud
Normally have Thunderbeast td22 on muzzle

Reactions: czgunner