• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Went full retard....

bgolf92

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2017
Well since moving to a free state I went a little crazy and bought 4 suppressors in my first 3 days there... I figured since they take so long to get might as well buy enough to be satisfied for awhile. The cans I got are as followed: Rugged Radiant, Dead Air Wolverine, Rugged Obsidian 9 and Thunder Beast Ultra 5. I primarily focused on lighter/shorter cans that still had sufficient suppression with the exception of the Wolverine(she's thick and heavy like the Russians would want). Was looking hard at the Nomad line but after adding the keymo mount and brake, the weight and length were just out of what I was looking for, not to mention it added almost $350 to the price of the can. I plan to test all my rifles with each rifle can and see the performance so I guess look for a full review in 5 months :/. Curious to hear from you guys who have some experience with any of these suppressors and what you like/dislike about them. I'm also curious if you guys run the Radiant primarily in the long or short configuration.

Reactions: acudaowner
The Wolverine on a SBR Krink in 5.45 i had the pleasure of shooting was ridiculously soft and fun to shoot. The only AK I ever loved.

Reactions: bgolf92
Moved to a free state myself and bought 5 in March-April. They all just got approved last week as a batch. I wish you a speedy approval!

id be running the radiant in full length since you’ll end up so close to the ultra 5 running it short. That gives you better variety. The difference is about 10 dB on. 308 bolt, both at ear and at muzzle, significant.

the issue with your stable will be cross mount compatibility. I only bought cans with the standard 1.375x24 rears for that reason, all my cans will work on all my rifles within bore size limits. So testing all cans on all rifles is going to take a bit of muzzle device swapping.

Reactions: bgolf92
Moved to a free state myself and bought 5 in March-April. They all just got approved last week as a batch. I wish you a speedy approval!

id be running the radiant in full length since you’ll end up so close to the ultra 5 running it short. That gives you better variety. The difference is about 10 dB on. 308 bolt, both at ear and at muzzle, significant.

the issue with your stable will be cross mount compatibility. I only bought cans with the standard 1.375x24 rears for that reason, all my cans will work on all my rifles within bore size limits. So testing all cans on all rifles is going to take a bit of muzzle device swapping.

Yeah I really plan on my Radiant to be my main suppressor on my AR10, AR15 and those types of guns. I'm a big AK guy so I pretty much had to buy the w\Wolverine. Since I was already buying the Wolverine I figured I might as well get all the standard mounts. Figured if a buddy wants to come shooting they could use the wolverine when it wasn't on an AK. I'm really looking forward to testing the Thunder Beast and Radiant back to back, especially in the 5" configuration.

Well I like your choices, we‘re on the same free state freedom plan and I salute you sir!

Damn! You won the lottery on those. I bought 4 between March and April. All pending. Three of them were on a trust and one as an individual.