• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Went scouting for antelope and got skunked!

Cinch

Team GFY
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Wyoming
Took the kids out scouting for antelope today as the season opens the 15th. Didn't see many antelope, but caught this guy out and about at 11:00 this am. Wierd seeing one out in the daylight, but looked healthy.

P9060147.jpg

P9060149.jpg

Re: Went scouting for antelope and got skunked!

Is the wind blowing like crazy or did it not spray when you smacked it? I have always wanted the pelt from one but ain't manned up enough to skin one out. haha

Wind was blowing about 15mph right to left. He landed on his back and sprayed straight up in the air. Wind carried it away and you could hardly smell it. I know what you mean though. You'd be better of buying one already tanned from a trapper.

It was close. 50 yards at the most. Had the scope cranked to 20X, offhand, through the fence, 15mph crosswind, running skunk. Pretty easy shot at that range though. The kids got pretty wound up over it though!

Looks like a lot of family fun. Not many antelope near Gillette sounds peculiar, I thought you would be overrun by them there.

I've seen skunk on this side of the state in day light as well. Must be something in the water
crazy.gif

I was scouting north and west of Casper. Put on over 100 miles in the area, glassed a lot, and saw 15-20 antelope. Here around Gillette they are everywhere including my yard. Hopefully I can locate some in the western part of my area (73). It's always a fun hunting trip to take the kids on. Not alot of walking and usually good weather.

Theboys7-12005.jpg

+1000 for taking those kids every chance you get....the best days I've ever had outside have been with my loved ones. This pic was a few weeks ago checking out the antelope and deer.

Good for you, my friend! My kids are 6 and 3, so we get a little limited on what we can do, but I sure enjoy having them along. I already have them both their first 2 rifles, tucked away for several years yet.

scan0006-2.jpg

Two falls ago....hunting season for these two is just as big as Christmas in our household!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
scan0006-2.jpg

Two falls ago....hunting season for these two is just as big as Christmas in our household!!! </div></div>

Now that is just to funny. Holding the head up by the ears. LMAO

+1000 to you and your boys.

Used to trap skunks to help pay my way through high school. I would pop them at the base of the skull with a .22 lr and pick them up right away as they did not spray.

One time I had one move just as I shot, NASTY!, I almost puked and the air had a blue green haze to it.

It was easy money, I had found a good supply of them and at $5/each, it was worth the trouble.

Just got word from my rancher bud in TX that I am getting an antelope tag this year. I think I'll take my GAP 260. I was there PD hunting in June and saw some pretty nice bucks. Hope they hang around til I get back!