• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Went to walmart today

anthony1

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2010
ohio, sw
Needed a new hunting liscense, got talked into going to walmart. There were some people in line and for some reason they all wanted to talk to me.

First guy is talking about 17hmrs, says he shot a ground hog running into its hole at 1mile then wanted the guy working behind the counter to show me the label were it says "dangerous to 1 1/2 miles or whatever".

Next guy is asking hundreds of questions about a savage edge/axis whatevr in "30 caliber" as they both kept saying and the guy working the counter knew less than he did. Finally the guy buys it then decides he needs to get some ammo- he picked some 30-06 core lokt and some 30-30 "cause its a deer stopper". I told him he bought a 308 so he might want to get some 308 ammo, he said "its all 30 caliber" the guy behind the counter agreed.

The last guy just needed some ammo for his 45 he said he wanted the winchester white box for 23.99 for 50, I said he might as well get the federal they have for 17.99 since its better and cheaper. He said you cant reload that stuff, I said what, why, um do you reload? He said NO! And thats the end of my walmart adventure and all that really did happen in a span of 15-20 mins. It was the first time I ever thought wow maybe we do need some type of firearm restriction/education program.

Re: Went to walmart today

Now THAT is an awesome story. I (almost) wish I could be there when the know it all chambers and fires his "30 caliber" LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was the first time I ever thought wow maybe we do need some type of firearm restriction/education program. </div></div>

I think it is time for "reproduction qualification", some folks just shouldn't breed, Wallmart seems to be a campground for the stupid.

Kirk R

He's lucky. The wait in the license line at out local Wal-Mart runs about an hour these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillBillySniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet another reason walmart shouldnt sell ammo or firearms!! </div></div>
THIS^^^^^^^

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was the first time I ever thought wow maybe we do need some type of firearm restriction/education program.</div></div>
NOT THIS^^^^^

Sound like the same crowd I encountered at the last gun show.

And here I was giving you Yankee's more credit than that, lol... We have no room to talk really either. I think that there have been more photos put online of nasty bitches from the walmart near my house than any other in the nation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Needed a new hunting liscense, got talked into going to walmart. There were some people in line and for some reason they all wanted to talk to me.

First guy is talking about 17hmrs, says he shot a ground hog running into its hole at 1mile then wanted the guy working behind the counter to show me the label were it says "dangerous to 1 1/2 miles or whatever".

Next guy is asking hundreds of questions about a savage edge/axis whatevr in "30 caliber" as they both kept saying and the guy working the counter knew less than he did. Finally the guy buys it then decides he needs to get some ammo- he picked some 30-06 core lokt and some 30-30 "cause its a deer stopper". I told him he bought a 308 so he might want to get some 308 ammo, he said "its all 30 caliber" the guy behind the counter agreed.

The last guy just needed some ammo for his 45 he said he wanted the winchester white box for 23.99 for 50, I said he might as well get the federal they have for 17.99 since its better and cheaper. He said you cant reload that stuff, I said what, why, um do you reload? He said NO! And thats the end of my walmart adventure and all that really did happen in a span of 15-20 mins. It was the first time I ever thought wow maybe we do need some type of firearm restriction/education program. </div></div>

Thats why I call it "Dull-Mart".

Wal-mart around here at night is like entering a foreign universe. Did not know that some of these people even existed in real life, only in the movies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Educated beyond their intelligence . . . </div></div>

Damn Skippy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Needed a new hunting liscense, got talked into going to walmart. There were some people in line and for some reason they all wanted to talk to me.
</div></div>

Why did they all want to talk to you?

Were you in some sort of uniform?

I go in, ask for what I want, leave when done....I don't have that issue, get in, get out!
wink.gif

I think its just too bad, the dumb ass who bought the ".30 cal" ammo won't be able to blow up his gun as the ammo won't even chamber.

Wow...even dumb people who shoot go to walmart for advice. that's hilarious.

Unless I know that a particular person working behind the gun counter knows their stuff, i'm going to take everything 'with a grain of salt'. I don't think that walmart shouldn't be restricted from selling firearms, ammo, ect. They should however fulfill their responsibility and put people in that department who are atleast knowledgable in that area. But even so, people should have the freedom to remove themselves from the gene pool from their own stupidity.

I once had a Sportsmen's Warehouse employee try to tell me that I can shoot ANY 30-06 ammo through my M1 Garand. Arguing was pointless.

If Walmart didn't sell it to those goobers, someone else would (unfortunately).....

Just like my trip to the gunshow this weekend. Just smile and walk away...

Waiting In line to get a bow hunting license. I hear a guy about 5 people infront yell: "For "f#@ks sake when's the short bus pick these jokers up and bring in the regular employees!" Guy behind the counter goes, "I assure you sire we are the regular employees!"

Everyone laughed at Walmart Willis.

Why can't he reload the federal brass?

j/k

Yours is the best Walmart gun counter story I've read yet. Thanks

The last time I bought a hunting license at Walmart it took 3 people to figure out the system and then the "manager" had to come over and work the register because they couldn't get it to work!

Hate to break it to you guys, but I recently realized that, as everyone goes to Walmart, and as it is ALWAYS full to the brim with mouth-breathing escapees from the reject bin behind the local idiot factory(with a smattering of normal people fighting their way through the mass of stupidity), it represents a fairly accurate batch sample of an area's local population. The truth is that the entire area is populated with mostly idiot-wannabes, and we are the new(and tiny) minority...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jolly roger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate to break it to you guys, but I recently realized that, as everyone goes to Walmart, and as it is ALWAYS full to the brim with mouth-breathing escapees from the reject bin behind the local idiot factory(with a smattering of normal people fighting their way through the mass of stupidity), it represents a fairly accurate batch sample of an area's local population. The truth is that the entire area is populated with mostly idiot-wannabes, and we are the new(and tiny) minority...
</div></div>

FTW!!!

What's funny about this is me, GAP George, Ken and another friend was at a Walmart in New Orleans to get fishing licenses and the idiot behind the counter didn't know WTH he was doing. We were actually telling him what to put where in the Walmart system.

MBA's are not fighting to work at rural Walmarts that's for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jolly roger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate to break it to you guys, but I recently realized that, as everyone goes to Walmart, and as it is ALWAYS full to the brim with mouth-breathing escapees from the reject bin behind the local idiot factory(with a smattering of normal people fighting their way through the mass of stupidity), it represents a fairly accurate batch sample of an area's local population. The truth is that the entire area is populated with mostly idiot-wannabes, and we are the new(and tiny) minority...
</div></div>

If you haven't seen the movie "Idiocracy" I highly suggest you at least watch the first 10 minutes of the movie....It is EXACTLY what is going on here. One of the funniest things I have seen in a while, the remainder of the movie when the actual story starts, you can just cut off because it is barely worth watching, but the monolouge/montage at the begining is priceless.
Hmmmm...gonna see if it is on you tube.
Here is the part...looks like it is subtitled in russian or something, but you can hear it in english...worth watching.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRjmyJFz...26AFFCCAE1DC3AB
madd0c

One ought not to underestimate Wal-Mart's achievement. Sam built the worlds most successful retail businessmen with raw material, that to be charitable, we could call "common". This is clearly the wave of the immediate future. Already in politics we have Obama's recognition of the basic stupidity of the average voter, although he has failed to build much but his and his political cronies wealth. Still, if our world is to be over run with the previously non-viable we all need to learn to emulate Sam and make a fortune with them. My own interests run toward spare parts. Think of your check out line at Wal-Marts not as a poor sample of humanity, but rather as a vast supply of spare parts. Not just cellulite either, there are functioning kidneys, hearts, etc. as well.

At one time in America there was a thing called eugenics. It was very popular among progressives. What they would do is sterilize idiots, mentally handicap, promiscuous women, and others deemed to be unworthy. It was so popular that California alone sterilized 19,000 people. That's more than Sweden did. However, the best at it was Germany.

In the US the progressives sent funding to Germany for eugenics. And the Germans excelled at it so much that the America progressive were jealous. Of course it all came to an end after WWII because it fell out of favor when the concentration camps were found.

Just something to think about.

Its really not much different than its always been. Its just that with a popullation of 325 million (as opposed to 140 million when I was a kid) its become far more noticable and critical. The idiots have always outnumbered the intelligent. And its not just education....I know a whole class of idiots who are highly educated. They're called polititions.

Shooter,,,who decided who got 'fixed'? Your post was quite surprising to me. I'm old, but not old enough to remember/know of that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was the first time I ever thought wow maybe we do need some type of firearm restriction/education program. </div></div>

Won't help
We have that here in Canada and I've got lots of the same types of stories. You can try to teach 'em but you just can't fix stupid.

The Idiot, in this country, and most of the world for that matter, has been coddled, and protected, and allowed to multiply with other Idiots.

A poster above mentioned 325 million vs. 140 million, and although I don't know if his numbers are exactly right, he's exactly right with that perception of the reality today.

Should they not be allowed to flourish? No, they're human beings too, and with Rights....but there was a day that I can remember, when the Idiot was shamed into realizing he was an Idiot, and the smarter Idiots among them didn't like the humility so they eventually learned not to be a Complete Idiot. There was, once, a system of checks and balances enforced, at the first level, by the often bullish tactics of peer pressure in grade school, and reinforced at home by the Parent who didn't want Idiots for kids.

Now the world revolves around the Idiot who's free to be as idiotic as he wants because there's no shame in it, no financial or social repercussions for being Stupid. The Idiot has evolved. Economies revolve around the Idiot who will buy anything if the commercial is convincing enough; Governments full of Idiot Politicians fight tooth and nail for the Vote of the Common Idiot because they've realized there's a LOT of them; The media, and entertainment, no longer laud intelligence as the cornerstone of humanity....Idiots are the new hero.

What bothers me the most, of all this, is I/we, as average non-idiots, cannot live our lives without being expected to be Idiots too.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat Harrison</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was the first time I ever thought wow maybe we do need some type of firearm restriction/education program. </div></div>

Won't help
We have that here in Canada and I've got lots of the same types of stories. You can try to teach 'em but you just can't fix stupid. </div></div>

No kidding. I honestly can't believe some of the people who have/want guns. I'm not huge on the restrictions we have here, but I do agree with an educational class and licensing test.

WOW....I'm speechless.

I wonder if he could teach me to shoot groundhogs with my .308 at a mile? Clearly I need help. :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooter,,,who decided who got 'fixed'? Your post was quite surprising to me. I'm old, but not old enough to remember/know of that. </div></div>

Do a search for eugenics, you'll be surprised. It was very ambiguous and lead to some very dangerous times in our country. At one time there were large Sanatoriums that held the sick or mental challenged. It was also places they would put homeless and un we'd mothers. One such place had a 40% death rate every year. They found out the doctors were experimenting on healthy people sent to the sanatorium. These doctors gave people tuberculosis to see what would happen. They said if these people's genes were good they should live.

http://www.waragainsttheweak.com/

It was a sad time in this country and most tried to hid because of the ties it had with Nazi Germany and their eugenics programs. Hilter had German citizens killed to preserve the Aryan race. The progressives in the US were trying to preserve the Nordic race. One famous person was Mrs. Sanger. She started Planed Perant Hood. She want low income people to have access to abortions and teach them about family planing. She did this because she believe very strongly in eugenics. Eugenics is about racism and they feeling of being superior to others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And here I was giving you Yankee's more credit than that, lol... We have no room to talk really either. I think that there have been more photos put online of nasty bitches from the walmart near my house than any other in the nation.</div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gyy_NkeD6pg&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gyy_NkeD6pg&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

LMAO

This is something I have come to believe: You are required to get a license to drive a car- a large responsibility, but you aren't required to have a license to have a child. It would seem to be a contradiction.

If you are ever out some where and you know what is going on is not right, instead of calling them dumbasses, help them out, because at one time or another you didn`t know shit until you got help. You could save someone`s life.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooter,,,who decided who got 'fixed'? Your post was quite surprising to me. I'm old, but not old enough to remember/know of that. </div></div>

Then you probrably dont know about the US government intentionally infecting black prisoners in Georgia, and lots of people in Guatamala, with Syphilis, just to see whaat would happen. Or the CIA intentionally droping LSD in peoples drinks at bars.....just to see what happened.

And thats just the nice stuff.

To answer your question on "who gets fixed", how about this.....We give every body a cyanide pill....government issue, tell them that 90 %of the pills are placebos....but ten percent reductiion in population is a sacrifice we must make for our world. The ones that wake up in the morning are the ones smart enough to live. The others.....ask Darwin

I worked with a guy at a tire store back in the day who was excited when WalMart came to our town. He said it was the only place in town he could go where he felt "upper class."
He said the WalMartians had finally landed, and welcomed them with open arms.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many of you knew Walmart sells reloading supplies?

It's true...my friends dad would order stuff and pick it up at the layaway desk. They remember him cuz he's the only guy that does and he is deaf so kinda stands out.

They have a book of everything they can order...you'd be amazed what Walmart can get and never carry it or tell anyone about it.

Just a little FYI... </div></div>

There's two here "local" that STOCK reloading stuff, bullets/primers/powder/brass/dies/tools......etc.

One in Galax VA, the other a little closer. The one in Galax has a LOT more of a selection, and the sporting goods department there is managed by a hunter/shooter who actually knows something about it.

I've got a couple. Not long after I turned 18, my Dad bought me a Marlin .44mag levergun. I went to Wallyworld the same day for ammo. I was carded of course and gladly showed the institution escapee my license. He told me I had to be 21 to buy handgun ammo. I told him I knew that, but it was for a rifle. He told me there was no such thing as a .44mag rifle. I told him I guess I just got screwed out of $140. Another time I was there on the way home, still in uniform (I'm a deputy) and bought spraypaint. The village idiot asked for my ID. I laughed and asked her why. She said I had to be 18 to buy spraypaint. I told her I knew that. I looked at my badge and pistol and told her I had to be 21 to wear this. She said she didn't know it was real. WTF?!?!? I won't even go into trying explain my lifetime hunting license when I was trying to get deer tags......

Damn....at our Wal-Mart it's a bunch of shrimpers in rubber boots with no teeth buying guns and ammo!!!! Who needs to spend $25 a ticket for the Ringing Brothers Circus? Go to Wal-Mart, it'll only cost you a toy per child and it's more entertaining. They even have a Subway there now!!!!