• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes were do I find scope base screws

cover-me

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2010
Who will have scope rail screws for my remington 700 338 lapua, the ones that came with the rail are to small.

Re: were do I find scope base screws

To small as in #6s not #8s? I would call the base manufacturer. My Ken Farrell base has rounded screws that match the bottom of the base hole(cupped) You may have the same issue, dont know...

Sounds like you have the standard rail with #6 screws and your action is tapped for #8 screws. Places like Brownells will have #8 screws for bases. But I'm almost sure your base would have to be machined to fit the larger screws. If that's the case, you might do better selling your rail and getting one already setup from the factory with #8's.

thanks for the replys box o screws has been ordered ...

There are at least 2 scope ring screws under my workbench somewhere, and a couple of springs as well. That spot is like the Bermuda triangle.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the info, I was looking for these today.