• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Were you ever The Wolf ?

Kemper

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2021
U.S.A.
True story of mine here -

The person that always stood out to me in Pulp Fiction was The Wolf. When the shit hits the fan, with numerous elements, the best guy for the situation. Calm, cool, methodic, professional and able to get he job done without taking anyone's shit and not dishing any out unnecessarily. Using his assets , including his money as needed . " Are you an oak man ? "

I always wanted to be like The Wolf. Never thought I would be able to in my younger years, but knew I would take advantage of the opportunity if I could.

I got a call one day from my granddaughter that was on her way here from Illinois with her boyfriend . Their car broke down about 40 miles out and she was wanting ... well, I'm not sure what all she was wanting and once she called The Wolf in didn't matter . The Wolf looks at what needs to be done and if you don't want The Wolf to take control , don't call him.

So I find out where they are and she tells me they are in the car . I tell her to get away from the car and get to a safe place even if it's under a tree, a good distance from the car.
I call a tow and tell them I need a vehicle towed to Farmington and they need to bring 2 people with them. The wife is running around getting ready to go pick them up , as if it were one of her puppies stranded on the side of the road but she ain't The Wolf so her services are not needed.
The tow shows up where I told them to bring the car and the tow driver unhooks the cable from the car on the back of the flatbed and decides he is going to try to let the car roll down using the brakes to stop it. The brakes don't hold and the car comes crashing down hitting the reese hitch on a truck, poking the prettiest square hole you've ever seen in the bumper of the car.

Now the situation is one of the granddaughter standing there crying, the tow truck driver looking at me ( The Wolf ) and now we have more problems. I ain't Dear Abbey so someone's little feelings are of no concern to me . I'm on a mission and there is plenty of day left and I ain't gonna waste any of it on trivial shit . The Wolf has money and there is no need to try to capitalize on the situation when more pressing needs are present .

I walk over to the tow driver and he starts apologizing and says to me " She's upset isn't she ? " I tell him " The car's a piece of shit , I figured the head gasket went from what I was told earlier " He asked what I wanted to do. So now I know he knows who is in charge
:)
He did seem generally concerned about the granddaughter and the predicament she was in, but The Wolf takes all things and all people into consideration, so now the pressing need is to clear up this situation and get on to other things. The granddaughter is eventually going to be paying me back for this tow ,so I have to look out for interests to a certain degree.

But , at the same time I have to show her there is more important things in life than taking advantage of an unfortunate situation where no one meant any harm. You watch The Wolf in action and you may learn a thing or two just as The Wolf has. I asked the driver that under a more normal situation , how much discount can you give a customer without your boss asking any questions , he says " Well, we can only give 30 dollars on the ticket normally " I said " Thirty dollars it is " He says " Are you sure ? " I guess he never saw the movie and didn't know The Wolf is always sure. I said " Yeah, the car's a piece of shit , no use making things worse than they are " One happy little tow driver out of the picture now.

We go out to the dealership after I call my son and now am looking at cars. I called my son cause he drinks, plays golf, goes to the Elks etc. with the owner of the dealership and we both have worked at his house . Still have some work out there, but ain't doing no trade offs . Just stand there with your pretty little face . We decide on this Ford Focus that is a couple of years old , no collisions and low mileage. Probably as many options as you can get including a lifetime power train warranty. Couldn't tell it from a new one .Price -7000 . Okay, looks like the granddaughter is going to be moving up . But... remember what Oprah did giving those cars away to people that couldn't afford the taxes, license, insurance etc. The Wolf knows better than that.

So, the wife and granddaughter, and boyfriend are sitting there trying to figure out insurance, license, payments blah, blah, blah and I guess they forgot The Wolf was still in charge and if they go deviating from my mission they are going to be in a heap of trouble down the road. This is going on during Covid and things could be done at the dealership that may have not been able to happen otherwise. I tell the dealership to put the car in my and my granddaughters name . I'm going to be paying cash for the car and I call my insurance company and put insurance on it . The office personnel were able to handle all the paperwork involved even though they were from Illinois and all they had to do was drive off the lot .

The granddaughter is going to be paying me back, so I have to look out for her best interests. I had my son call my mechanic and he already looked at the piece of shit car and said it wasn't worth putting any money into it. I tell the dealership that I really hate paying taxes and ask if there is anything they could do. Just a formality. The Wolf knows what they can do . They say " If you are trading something in, the value of your trade in will lower the taxes " I tell them I got this nice little cream puff across town, that will easily accommodate a hitch and.... they say " A piece of shit ,right ? " I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder cause I couldn't believe what that thing ended up being worth.

So, they are getting the paperwork wrapped up and the granddaughter is sitting there with all this crap out of her purse and asks me what I need next . I told her " Go up to the service desk and get me a cup of coffee. " The Wolf likes his coffee . I pay for everything and tell the dealership where the car is and they said they would pick it up.

We get back over to my house and the granddaughter is questioning me about how much money I need and started to get into her financial status that I'm sure would be as boring as some may find this story. I tell her that when she gets home to take her sweet little time and find the best deal she can get on insurance. Be sure to call me after you have insurance. She says " What about the payments ? " I tell her " You wait 2 months and then you start paying me back 200 dollars a month , no interest "

Saved her a bunch of money, worry, and hassle . Didn't take a dime of her money which I doubt would have been much help. Car had a full tank of gas too. All happened because I watched the movie and became envious of The Wolf.
:P

The person that always stood out to me in Pulp Fiction was The Wolf. When the shit hits the fan, with numerous elements, the best guy for the situation. Calm, cool, methodic, professional and able to get he job done without taking anyone's shit and not dishing any out unnecessarily. Using his assets , including his money as needed . " Are you an oak man ? "

I always wanted to be like The Wolf. Never thought I would be able to in my younger years, but knew I would take advantage of the opportunity if I could.

I got a call one day from my granddaughter that was on her way here from Illinois with her boyfriend . Their car broke down about 40 miles out and she was wanting ... well, I'm not sure what all she was wanting and once she called The Wolf in didn't matter . The Wolf looks at what needs to be done and if you don't want The Wolf to take control , don't call him.

So I find out where they are and she tells me they are in the car . I tell her to get away from the car and get to a safe place even if it's under a tree, a good distance from the car.
I call a tow and tell them I need a vehicle towed to Farmington and they need to bring 2 people with them. The wife is running around getting ready to go pick them up , as if it were one of her puppies stranded on the side of the road but she ain't The Wolf so her services are not needed.
The tow shows up where I told them to bring the car and the tow driver unhooks the cable from the car on the back of the flatbed and decides he is going to try to let the car roll down using the brakes to stop it. The brakes don't hold and the car comes crashing down hitting the reese hitch on a truck, poking the prettiest square hole you've ever seen in the bumper of the car.

Now the situation is one of the granddaughter standing there crying, the tow truck driver looking at me ( The Wolf ) and now we have more problems. I ain't Dear Abbey so someone's little feelings are of no concern to me . I'm on a mission and there is plenty of day left and I ain't gonna waste any of it on trivial shit . The Wolf has money and there is no need to try to capitalize on the situation when more pressing needs are present .

I walk over to the tow driver and he starts apologizing and says to me " She's upset isn't she ? " I tell him " The car's a piece of shit , I figured the head gasket went from what I was told earlier " He asked what I wanted to do. So now I know he knows who is in charge
He did seem generally concerned about the granddaughter and the predicament she was in, but The Wolf takes all things and all people into consideration, so now the pressing need is to clear up this situation and get on to other things. The granddaughter is eventually going to be paying me back for this tow ,so I have to look out for interests to a certain degree.

But , at the same time I have to show her there is more important things in life than taking advantage of an unfortunate situation where no one meant any harm. You watch The Wolf in action and you may learn a thing or two just as The Wolf has. I asked the driver that under a more normal situation , how much discount can you give a customer without your boss asking any questions , he says " Well, we can only give 30 dollars on the ticket normally " I said " Thirty dollars it is " He says " Are you sure ? " I guess he never saw the movie and didn't know The Wolf is always sure. I said " Yeah, the car's a piece of shit , no use making things worse than they are " One happy little tow driver out of the picture now.

We go out to the dealership after I call my son and now am looking at cars. I called my son cause he drinks, plays golf, goes to the Elks etc. with the owner of the dealership and we both have worked at his house . Still have some work out there, but ain't doing no trade offs . Just stand there with your pretty little face . We decide on this Ford Focus that is a couple of years old , no collisions and low mileage. Probably as many options as you can get including a lifetime power train warranty. Couldn't tell it from a new one .Price -7000 . Okay, looks like the granddaughter is going to be moving up . But... remember what Oprah did giving those cars away to people that couldn't afford the taxes, license, insurance etc. The Wolf knows better than that.

So, the wife and granddaughter, and boyfriend are sitting there trying to figure out insurance, license, payments blah, blah, blah and I guess they forgot The Wolf was still in charge and if they go deviating from my mission they are going to be in a heap of trouble down the road. This is going on during Covid and things could be done at the dealership that may have not been able to happen otherwise. I tell the dealership to put the car in my and my granddaughters name . I'm going to be paying cash for the car and I call my insurance company and put insurance on it . The office personnel were able to handle all the paperwork involved even though they were from Illinois and all they had to do was drive off the lot .

The granddaughter is going to be paying me back, so I have to look out for her best interests. I had my son call my mechanic and he already looked at the piece of shit car and said it wasn't worth putting any money into it. I tell the dealership that I really hate paying taxes and ask if there is anything they could do. Just a formality. The Wolf knows what they can do . They say " If you are trading something in, the value of your trade in will lower the taxes " I tell them I got this nice little cream puff across town, that will easily accommodate a hitch and.... they say " A piece of shit ,right ? " I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder cause I couldn't believe what that thing ended up being worth.

So, they are getting the paperwork wrapped up and the granddaughter is sitting there with all this crap out of her purse and asks me what I need next . I told her " Go up to the service desk and get me a cup of coffee. " The Wolf likes his coffee . I pay for everything and tell the dealership where the car is and they said they would pick it up.

We get back over to my house and the granddaughter is questioning me about how much money I need and started to get into her financial status that I'm sure would be as boring as some may find this story. I tell her that when she gets home to take her sweet little time and find the best deal she can get on insurance. Be sure to call me after you have insurance. She says " What about the payments ? " I tell her " You wait 2 months and then you start paying me back 200 dollars a month , no interest "

Saved her a bunch of money, worry, and hassle . Didn't take a dime of her money which I doubt would have been much help. Car had a full tank of gas too. All happened because I watched the movie and became envious of The Wolf.
I'll never make that mistake again.....WOLF.....ooookay!

Buying a used car is not like disposing of a dead Marvin. The Wolf didn't use his money, he used Marsellus's money. After the car was dropped off at the scrap yard, he didn't go out and buy Jules and Vincent a new car, he made them walk. Go back and watch the movie again, you obviously didn't learn enough the first time.

5B4FC83E-4BF2-499D-BB87-36562DC50500.jpeg

"The Wolf?" Hell I don't know. Sounds like somebody looking for a cool nickname.

Anyway, I'm the kinds guy that when he drops his car keys... requiring me to bend over all the way to the floor to get them, I'll curse and swear at the good Lord for inventing gravity...

Then again, yeah, when bad shit happens, (even through 4 combat deployments) I'm always so calm. Don't know how... or why...
Just got shit to do... so I make it happen.

Even that time my truck got blowed out from under me in Iraq... Calm... cool collected.
Smooth as glass . Come to think about it... they say I was out for that one... lol.

Harvey Keitel FTW.

"The Wolf?" Hell I don't know. Sounds like somebody looking for a cool nickname.

Anyway, I'm the kinds guy that when he drops his car keys... requiring me to bend over all the way to the floor to get them, I'll curse and swear at the good Lord for inventing gravity...

Then again, yeah, when bad shit happens, (even through 4 combat deployments) I'm always so calm. Don't know how... or why...
Just got shit to do... so I make it happen.

Even that time my truck got blowed out from under me in Iraq... Calm... cool collected.
Smooth as glass . Come to think about it... they say I was out for that one... lol.

Yeah, When it's time to relax- relax. When it's time to jump- JUMP

I volunteered for 3 years toward the end of the Vietnam era but didn't serve in Vietnam. I was officially in 4 days after turning 17 . With 30 days of accrued leave, I was back home and still 19 .

IMG_2727.jpeg

Yeah, When it's time to relax- relax. When it's time to jump- JUMP

I volunteered for 3 years toward the end of the Vietnam era but didn't serve in Vietnam. I was officially in 4 days after turning 17 . With 30 days of accrued leave, I was back home and still 19 .
It's a trip being in the Army at such a young age. Changes you. I was 17 when I started my 28 years back in '81.

That's fascinating OP because True story of mine here -

I was the Wolf when my wife struck a deer with my daughters car. Wife is all worked up, my daughter rode with me to the scene which was only a few miles from the house. Daughter was in tears thinking her car was toast...it wasn't. I stood there, the only one who was calm, and declared it "no big deal, that's why we have insurance". The fender was crushed in dangerously close to the tire, so I used my bare hands and pulled the fender out to clear the tire. My wife and daughter refused to drive, so I hopped in the "wrecked" car with my oldest daughter, my wife jumped in the passenger seat of my truck with my youngest, and a random lady that stopped to help drove my truck home behind me, lol. It was a odd deal, but we live in the sticks, if you see someone that may be having a bad day, you ask how you can help. I then took care of all the insurance stuff, they totaled the car, and I fixed the car myself.

My story isn't a epic as the OP, maybe I was more 'wolf cub" than the wolf, but in a moment where all involved were very upset, I was the calm clear thinking, and the problem solver.

Branden

Yada, yada, yada.....I quit about halfway in.
I dont wanna get in a pissing contest here....
But thems some tall assertions you are making.
The Wolf.....you trying to tell us all those keyboard ejaculations you just smeared all over our screens, makes you one tiny tittle, like the coolest fucking "cleaner" we ever saw on the silver screen.
Yeah well.....
I'll bet you this, I'm a lot closer to being The Dude than you are "The Wolf".
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I gotta say though. Yours is the funniest shit I almost read on the Hide in a while.
You know who I bet you really are?
You know what would be really funny? If your real name is Walter, that'd be fucking hilarious!

Reactions: Kemper