• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Westboro Baptist Church Vs Anonymous

Alderleet

NCOIC of Shitposts
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2010
Downrange
One of my buddies from way back kept up with all the shenanigans on the internet.

Evidently Westboro Baptist Church, in its dipshit fight with everything, opted to pick a battle with an opponent who has no boundaries, no face, and no moral/ethical ties...

... The internet

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504784_162-20036043-10391705.html

Colbert put it very eloquently when describing "anonymous". "antagonizing anonymous is about the same as sticking your dick in a hornet's nest. Hilarious and inadvisable."

The "surprise" before it got removed:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TO THE CONGREGANTS OF WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH:

...We, the collective super-consciousness known as ANONYMOUS - the Voice of Free Speech & the Advocate of the People - have long heard you issue your venomous statements of hatred, and we have witnessed your flagrant and absurd displays of inimitable bigotry and intolerant fanaticism. We have always regarded you and your ilk as an assembly of graceless sociopaths and maniacal chauvinists & religious zealots, however benign, who act out for the sake of attention & in the name of religion.

Being such aggressive proponents for the Freedom of Speech & Freedom of Information as we are, we have hitherto allowed you to continue preaching your benighted gospel of hatred and your theatrical exhibitions of, not only your fascist views, but your utter lack of Christ-like attributes. You have condemned the men and women who serve, fight, and perish in the armed forces of your nation; you have prayed for and celebrated the deaths of young children, who are without fault; you have stood outside the United States National Holocaust Museum, condemning the men, women, and children who, despite their innocence, were annihilated by a tyrannical embodiment of fascism and unsubstantiated repugnance. Rather than allowing the deceased some degree of peace and respect, you instead choose to torment, harass, and assault those who grieve.

Your demonstrations and your unrelenting cascade of disparaging slurs, unfounded judgments, and prejudicial innuendos, which apparently apply to every individual numbered amongst the race of Man - except for yourselves - has frequently crossed the line which separates Freedom of Speech from deliberately utilizing the same tactics and methods of intimidation and mental & emotional abuse that have been previously exploited and employed by tyrants and dictators, fascists and terrorist organizations throughout history.

ANONYMOUS cannot abide this behavior any longer. The time for us to be idle spectators in your inhumane treatment of fellow Man has reached its apex, and we shall now be moved to action. Thus, we give you a warning: Cease & desist your protest campaign in the year 2011, return to your homes in Kansas, & close your public Web sites.

Should you ignore this warning, you will meet with the vicious retaliatory arm of ANONYMOUS: We will target your public Websites, and the propaganda & detestable doctrine that you promote will be eradicated; the damage incurred will be irreversible, and neither your institution nor your congregation will ever be able to fully recover. It is in your best interest to comply now, while the option to do so is still being offered, because we will not relent until you cease the conduction & promotion of all your bigoted operations & doctrines.

The warning has been given. What happens from here shall be determined by you.

WE ARE ANONYMOUS.
WE ARE LEGION.
WE DO NOT FORGIVE.
WE DO NOT FORGET.
EXPECT US.</div></div>

Re: Westboro Baptist Church Vs Anonymous

I'm hoping Westboro stops for their own sake. They might want to read up on what Anonymous just did to HBGary. Or...they'll continue to be the hate spewing ingrates they are and will learn not to mess with those that cannot be intimidated.

Didn't anon say they were passing on Westboro? The original "memo" was a fraud created by Westboro to bait anon?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MidwestPX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't anon say they were passing on Westboro? The original "memo" was a fraud created by Westboro to bait anon? </div></div>

Yes, and then to prove what they can do they hacked Westboro's website while participating in an interview with them. It's all covered in the linked video. 8:20 mark.

Couldnt watch it all. shirley is a total fucking MORON. Juat sign me:

ANONYMOUS

lol I think it's really funny now people marvel at Anonymous like it's some mysterious force. Ironically, there are pleanty of Anon right here on The Hide.

In support of 'Annonomous':

This action will extend to any street presence in a physical manner to acheive an end to your harrassment and denigration of grieving families and troops.

We will polish our boots so you can see the shine in your evil eyes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol I think it's really funny now people marvel at Anonymous like it's some mysterious force. Ironicaly, there are pleanty of Anon right here on The Hide. </div></div>

Hush yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol I think it's really funny now people marvel at Anonymous like it's some mysterious force. Ironicaly, there are pleanty of Anon right here on The Hide. </div></div>

Hush yourself. </div></div>
Shank, Rules 1 and 2 now are completely obsolete since "Anonymous-culture" because so mainstream. For christ's sake, people are walking around with /b/ meme t-shirts.

What the Westboro loons are essentially saying is that anyone who doesn't think and believe like they do is wrong and doesn't deserve to exist.

Some are saying the exact same thing in this thread. Freedom is like the truth, sometimes it can bite you in the ass but you'd not get far without it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol I think it's really funny now people marvel at Anonymous like it's some mysterious force. Ironicaly, there are pleanty of Anon right here on The Hide. </div></div>

Shank, Rules 1 and 2 now are completely obsolete since "Anonymous-culture" because so mainstream. For christ's sake, people are walking around with /b/ meme t-shirts. </div></div>

This girl can take care of herself........
cool.gif
....and a nice Avatar to boot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol I think it's really funny now people marvel at Anonymous like it's some mysterious force. Ironicaly, there are pleanty of Anon right here on The Hide. </div></div>

Shank, Rules 1 and 2 now are completely obsolete since "Anonymous-culture" because so mainstream. For christ's sake, people are walking around with /b/ meme t-shirts. </div></div>

death to all the tripfags I say

Also, anons are posters on the various chans of the world. Anonymous is a group of hacktivists. They are different things.

Operation titstorm was on my birthday lol oh Australia
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol I think it's really funny now people marvel at Anonymous like it's some mysterious force. Ironicaly, there are pleanty of Anon right here on The Hide. </div></div>

death to all the tripfags I say

Also, anons are posters on the various chans of the world. Anonymous is a group of hacktivists. They are different things.

Operation titstorm was on my birthday lol oh Australia
laugh.gif

</div></div>
Honestly since being a /b/tard became "hipser" and a bunch of lonely neckbeards started /soc/ and shit... totally ruins the point of anon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is what they can do.

http://search.hbgary.anonleaks.ch/</div></div>
PS Anonymous has done way more than this.

Some of the other boards aren't bad, it's true. I just mean, at first, years ago the whole, "We are legion" thing was cool. It felt cool, at least. Now there is no more legion, not that there ever was to begin with, really, but there was a different attitude about it. No one knew this stuff. You couldn't exactly Wiki "Anonymous."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In support of 'Anonymous':

This action will extend to any street presence in a physical manner to acheive an end to your harrassment and denigration of grieving families and troops.

We will polish our boots so you can see the shine in your evil eyes </div></div>

All hail the blade!
Anonymous, I salute you.

WBBC has pissed off more than just anon. I heard on our local news that The Patriot Guard Riders are going to interfere with their "activities".

Jim

WBC servers were taken down by the jester using XerXes. ANON and jester pretty much hate each other.

Patriot Riders shield the view of these miscreants and turn their eyes away from those who TCB behind them. You do not hear anything on the local media about the amount of ass whippings that go on now. Like I said, we are and will always be, legion. Imagine an army of former servicemen and women who all share the same beliefs. Now multiply that with the addition of civilians with the same belief. It runs across the borders of class, culture, and race. We are legion.

In my gut, it sounds good; but between the ears, I must admit to some trepidation about grasping and wielding the two-edged sword. Freedom is a tricky thing, it being for everyone and all...

Yet, there can be little question that when freedom is boundless, it leads to travesty, cases in point. The thing about freedom is that as originally intended, it was assumed individuals would possess some responsibility toward their fellows and as such, the apparatus of freedom has allowed itself to disavow a societal responsibility toward recognizing and establishing statutory bounds to freedoms.

It all works well when practiced as intended.

It falls flat when abused and manipulated with malice aforethought.

I think bounds need to be enforced, the apparatus of freedom isn't going to do it, and someone has to. That someone usually turns out to be you and me.

But I also think that this is only a smaller symptom of an immense underlying and terminal rot. Unless decay is excised in total, it simply progresses and spreads. The time for band-aids is past.

When the Supremes rule like this, all they really do is distance our freedoms from goodness, curtailing instead the good of the society they purport to defend. Justice Alito was the sole voice of dissent. When a dissent like his is not only the minority, but completely unsupported by the other justices, I believe the court reveals its bias, choosing to reinterpret and redefine the selfsame constitution it claims as its guide. The intent of its framers recedes further and further into the murk the court has decided is its true meaning. In the end, the court joins the other two branches in the limbo of irrelevance.

Move on? Heck yeah; just not in the direction they had in mind when they usurped the phrase.

Greg

I acknowledge I am ranting.
------------------------------------

WBC gets away with this for one reason:

There are no consequences.

You have the freedom to call someone a terrible racially motivated name. There seems to be a generally accepted societal license that such an insult justifies an immediate, violent physical response. Those are called "consequences."

Do they have the freedom? Yes.
Are they exercising it? Yes.
Does anyone provide an equal and opposite reaction? No.

Their actions constitute "fighting words" and until they are responded to in kind, they have every incentive to continue.

SHAME on every police department that surrounds these pieces of shit at the expense of the taxpayers in the town they torment. Where does the rubric come from that they deserve personal protection at the expense of the taxpayer?

It's mostly because of this that they don't feel any incentive to quit. They are allowed to have their viewpoint, but if they are provided a taxpayer funded stage from which to deliver it, and a taxpayer funded shield to protect them from the reaction they intentionally seek to invoke.

If they want to pay for protective services, that's capitalism. Here's our overtime rate for large events guys, along with our manpower minimums. Fork it over in advance, guaranteed funds only. 'Other than that, you will not receive any additional services beyond any resident of this municipality.' We're on a short shift today as well. "Bona fortuna!"

Other than maybe the Maricopa Sheriff in AZ, I don't know of any police chief with the balls to do the right thing.

--Fargo007

Appeasement has become the primary goal of many department leaderships, and by extension, the primary occupation of their subordinates. We are given the supreme privilege of footing the bill.

When that's what my police are doing, the WBC isn't the problem, the police are. Somebody needs to rub a few faces in that.

But nobody will.

Greg

A good post over on Sniper Company on "Over @ The Head" on WBC. I read more on the news story and law enforcement did great by doing nothing in that situation.

Note: It happened last Nov.

Like minx said it was fun and cool when it was truly anonymous.
Something would happen, and no one would take credit for it, usually the attack would stop someone from doing something etc.
Now all these "operations" People flood in with memes, shouting we are a legion etc etc.
-.- Anonymous Attacks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthoss0837</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Like minx said it was fun and cool when it was truly anonymous.
Something would happen, and no one would take credit for it, usually the attack would stop someone from doing something etc.
Now all these "operations" People flood in with memes, shouting we are a legion etc etc.
-.- Anonymous Attacks </div></div>

It used to be all for the lulz. Now, I don't even know.

Might be good to know with whom you're getting into bed...

Cyber geeks always talk about being legion, and are not. The legions of real people, those who are sick and tired of seeing or taking bullshit, those former service men and women, the down to earth folks, and even the so called gentry do indeed make legion.
We are truly in a revolutionary period right now. Not only is the common man getting bent, but the gentry is close to the point of openly revolting toward things like unfair taxes and other things that are put upon them. When they get pissed off enough to do something, it will be noted, and in a couple years the common man will do soemthing. At that point we will move from a revolutionary period to an outright civil insurrection or civil war. This is the historicly proven path that we have taken first in 1763, and now, currently. We are in a period of political unrest that is within the bounds of what we were in in around 1768 or so. That path is set. If we do not look hard at where we have been, we will surely follow suit and go through it again. This is also the same place we were prior to our civil war. Surely we must tread lightly, but th elegion of people who are sick and tired of the bullshit will not stay placated by lower taxes or stimulus for long.

Hacking is for pussies.

Dropping bodies in a violent, yet professional fashion is impressive. Rules of a civilized society be damned, some folks just need "cleaning".

Anon is a bunch of hacking kids. Jester(who I already mentioned is the one who brought the site down) has demonstrated his program before by targeting Islamic fundamentalist sites. Make sure your supporting the right group.

I don't want to target islamic fundamentalist sites - I want hte NSA and/or CIA to be able to monitor those sites.

As for the church, I think it's wrong that we support them, yet we call the same type of people that wear white robes racist. It's a double standard.

Now before yyou flame me I think the KKK was wrong, there's too much hatred in this world and hating "Gays" and blaming servicemembers for being gay - that's as wrong as the KKK.

I'm rather suprised they lived this long.

Just hacking a website though, BS....

If it were me, and it is NOT, but if it were just hacking a site is not very good because there are millions of other sites.

Best way to hurt someone is financially...

LE should be citing these people for spitting on the sidewalk...