• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Western KY Shoot: Rock Castle Shooting Center

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
I will be hosting our next shoot at Rock Castle Shooting Center. The date is July 27th. We will begin around 8:30am.

I want to allow people enough time to not feel rushed in getting out there. Please go to the Lodge and check in BEFORE coming to the range. You will fill out waivers and pay then.
Please DO NOT show up to the range without having paid your range fee ($25).

Be ready for any type of weather conditions:
1) The weather has been unpredictable this summer. Be ready for heat and/or rain.

Please bring plenty of water!
Bring shade if the weather will be clear and hot. A tailgating tent is your best bet.

The hotel's restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They have great home cooked meals.
I will set up the COF on Friday, we invite you all to come stay at the hotel Friday night and hang out with us.

RCSC wanted me to limit the number of shooters to 20. So I will make a roster here and provide that to them.
Please post here that you are coming and PM me a first and last name for the roster. Contact us ASAP if there are any changes to you showing up.

There will be plenty of steel targets there, please do not bring any with you!

People Attending:
1) KYS
2) conservator
3) jonesy
4) boone3380
5) 300zero
6) B. Hawkins
7) scsims
8) jlpier01
9) Greene
10) NICETRY
11) Biner626
12) scsims - GUEST
13) kyhuntclub
14) chaser2332
15) kman44
16) Biner626 - GUEST
17) DGrider
18)
19)
20)

http://www.rockcastleshootingcenter.com

To all those attending:
Please keep an eye on the weather forecast. Bring a pop up tent, preferably the tailgating style tent. We usually link them all together and can stay dry if it were to rain.
Now, if it storms we will have to clear out. We can't be out there in thunder and lightning, it is just not safe. I always bring my rain suit, you can never tell what it will do out there.
I'm hoping the storm misses us completely and we can have a nice day of shooting!

Last edited:
I'll be there also and thanks for heading this months shoot up. If you need a hand setting up Friday send me a PM. I'm pretty close.

NICETRY - Biner626

If you guys don't message me you won't make the list! I need first and last names to turn in to RCSC staff.

Wish I could make it this month but I'm finishing up my load work up for my new .260 and I'm about out of powder, again....hopefully next month

Can' make it this time still out of the country. August will be better for me and my 16 year old grandson will be with me then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be there, but work is taking me to Chicago that weekend.

Lou Malnati's will be very small consolation.

I'm going to try to get there Friday night. If I can't ill get there early Saturday. Finally shooting guns on Saturday and not selling them!

I'm going to try to get there Friday night. If I can't ill get there early Saturday. Finally shooting guns on Saturday and not selling them!

Friday night? Did your boss say it was OK for you to be away that long? You can room with us...... and by that I mean you are sleeping in the bath tub!

I'll be showing up Saturday in a car and would very much appreciate it if I could get a ride to the range with someone. It's a quick drive from the main office to the range (5 minutes), and all I'll have is a 1750 case, a cooler, and a backpack.

Thanks in advance!

I'll be showing up Saturday in a car and would very much appreciate it if I could get a ride to the range with someone. It's a quick drive from the main office to the range (5 minutes), and all I'll have is a 1750 case, a cooler, and a backpack.

Thanks in advance!

I should be up there around 8 in the morning. You can toss your stuff in the back of the truck if you want.

We'll get you out there Jonesy. There talking about a 30% chance of rain now. Your car is way too nice to take mudding.

Thanks KYS for hosting the shoot and thanks guys for your time setting up the range and supplying the steel!! My son talked about it the whole way home. He was really excited about getting to shoot a couple of your guys fine weapons. We can't wait till the next shoot, thanks again.

Could anyone tell me the size of the ipsc style target that was at the 1009 yard mark? If anyone remembers......

Could anyone tell me the size of the ipsc style target that was at the 1009 yard mark? If anyone remembers......

We had 30 targets. Would have to get more specific then that. Can you remember if it was a square or IPSC?

Sorry, didn't know if someone had it written down or not. It was a IPSC human silhouette. I'm thinking it was maybe a 66%? It was smaller than the 1100 yard full IPSC I believe.

It was a medium IPSC. We only wrote down the distances. There was a decent mix out there. I wanted to bring more but my help did not want to carry it all! :D

I will be looking forward to the August shoot since I couldn't make the July one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll have to nominate someone to take charge of the August shoot. I'm up for it if nobody else can or wants to.

Since August is about out of the picture with nothing scheduled. A September date would be good.

I'll call tomorrow and set up a September shoot for Saturday Sept 7th if there's a slot available.

Sorry guys, the summer kinda got away from me and I'm rushing to finish up all my projects to be ready for the Fall semester. I'll post a thread about the September shoot when I know what day it'll be on.