• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wet tumbling - how to do bigger batches of brass

The-Fly

Minuteman
Nov 14, 2012
Colorado
I got to see a buddy's setup using a Thumlers, and it was impressive.

I'd like to get into wet tumbling, but I'like to be able to run much larger batches of brass, as I shoot a crapload of 9mm and 223, and I really need to be able to process at least 500 pieces of brass at a shot (more would be nice).

Any suggestions on what wet tumblers would do this?

Re: Wet tumbling - how to do bigger batches of brass

I just ran 8# of 9mm thru a friends thumler no problem, after i fixed the belt slip problem by roughing up the drive pully..

Re: Wet tumbling - how to do bigger batches of brass

Im working on a DIY build right now, will let you know if it works out...

Using one of these Ratchet top sealed 6.5gal buckets
http://www.pyrosupplies.com/shop/page/product_detail/Product/09fb61177482f38a63331ca932bf75f8.html

It will have two 16" discs bolted to each end of it (obviously the one end will have a cutout to allow you to remove the lid of the bucket. Bolt 4 paddles on the inside, and other than that it will work just like the Thumler.

Will be powered by an old 220v air compressor motor with a 1.5" pulley belted to a 7" pulley I think. This should give me around 60-70rpm Im hoping.