• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wet Tumbling with SS Chips Instead of Pins: is this normal?

Agent Entropy

It takes energy to be this disorganized
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2021
Reno, NV
Looks like the sharp edges and points of the SS chips are abrading the surface of the brass. I imagine this results in loss of some of the brass. Though minute, does that loss add up to something to be concerned about after 6-8 cleanings? Is this normal?
20210831_074413.jpg
1630447770146.jpeg

No, that is not normal. Chips with sharp edges, not designed for brass, will do that. Stick with the SS pins.

Jesus, they changed the OAL and shoulder angle too? Where do I find some of these chips that will change 223 brass into 308?

All jokes aside, that ain’t right.
Have you tried tumbling them for a shorter amount of time?

• Haha
Reactions: Agent Entropy
Try Brass Juice cleaner. Does not require stainless media to clean. I don't tumble as often as I used to, but when I do I use Brass Juice.

Jesus, they changed the OAL and shoulder angle too? Where do I find some of these chips that will change 223 brass into 308?

All jokes aside, that ain’t right.
Have you tried tumbling them for a shorter amount of time?
Not yet. Honestly, I don't have that much of a problem with pulling pins out of the case necks; if it's going to persist, I'll toss the chips. Just don't have the time or energy to go through troubleshooting what I thought would be plug-and-play.

What kind of chips are you using? The ones from Southern Shine work great.

Try Brass Juice cleaner. Does not require stainless media to clean. I don't tumble as often as I used to, but when I do I use Brass Juice.

Do you know where I could find the SDS on it?