• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whale Wars looses a boat

Re: Whale Wars looses a boat

Blew me away when I read the article and they said Bob Barker had donated five million dollars to them.

Maybe they told old Bob they were going to use the boat to spay and neuter the whales lol.

Epic whale FAIL!
Antarctica%20Japan%20Whal_Saut(2).jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe they told old Bob they were going to use the boat to spay and neuter the whales lol. </div></div>

LOL.

One dead whale could feed a lot of stray cats.
Just saying.

You park your boat in a ships path after harassing and trying to disable it and then act surprised when they ram you ? These folks are what we like to call , "Internet Smart".

Ftards all. The Japanese for killing whales in the name of "research" and the whale "protectors" for being animal rights activists.

I don't know if the SeaShepherd show is still on the Animal Planet but it always amazed me at how totally inept they were. The show would have been more amusing (but a much shorter number of episodes) if the seashepherds had resorted to using firearms or explosives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Antarctica%20Japan%20Whal_Saut(2).jpg
</div></div>

IMG_1887.jpg

Holy Whale crap....they ramed Batman.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One dead whale could feed a lot of stray cats.
Just saying. </div></div>

Maybe, but could it feed the whole Brian Setzer Orchestra?
grin.gif

Seriously though, wth would you want to feed stray cats? I've not seen a place where abandoned fluffies was a problem, but I've seen ferral bastards nest up in homes making a stinky attic area they will aggressively defend. The statement is curious enough to me I figured you must have been setting me up for my joke on purpose. I understand adoption, but ferral beasts go to the dinner table or incinerator.

Too bad they didn't go down with the ship. Most of them look as if they go down quite often.

I hope the Japs send the lot of them to Davy Jones locker...and Barker can go with them.

I love watching these hippies, what a bunch of dis-organized goons. I agree the Japanese are a bunch of idiots for calling their whaling expeditions "research", and the hippies just because they don't know what their doing.

That is a BA boat though, looks like they stole it from batman.

It's BS that the Japanese have to catch the whales, I am 100% totally against it - I see whales a couple times a year here and they are MAGNIFICENT creatures. They are doing it for their friggin restaurants...

The problem I have is that for 1.5 Mil they could have bought a Mk46 torpedo and SOLVED This problem - they refuse to do what it takes to actually STOP the whaling...

Despite being an anti-sub weapon I bet it would work on that surface vessel just fine LOL

mk-46-torpedo.jpg

Hell, if they were just gona run it under a whaling ship they should have gave it to me! What the hell kind of plan is that? "We are gona raise 5 million dollars, buy the baddest boat we can find, and crash it into a ship in Antarctica."
That boat is to cool for these clowns to have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 257speed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Japanese whalers or environmentalists........ how the hell do you decide who to hate???? </div></div>
The enemy of my enemy is my friend

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="color: #009900">Save the Whales, SCREW THE SHRIMP</span></span>

reminds me of the scene from Armageddon when harry is hitting golf balls at the Greenpeace boat.

I think that when you display aggressive "pirate" like behavior you have crossed the line from peaceful protestor to terrorist. These dolts deserve NO symapthy and everything they get. They need to be chum as far as I am concerned.

I don't support whaling (nor beheadings or many other things that go on outside my borers), but there are other ways to voice ones displeasure with a nations policies than to conduct acts of piracy/terrorism and to be done so with these amature dolts is dangerously funny. I stopped watching Animal Planet because of their suport for these pinheads and have sent off several e-mails to the network.

Serves these dolts right. Wanna get in front of something that outweighs you by hundreds of tons and stop, you desrve to get run over. Too bad they didn't foolow the ropes they try to deploy and get all tangled up in the props.

I'm betting the Indians that answer the phones for microsoft don't like that we eat cows. Eating/ killing whales is what Japan has been doing for ever.It's kinda how they feed their people etc. While I cannot stand the geenies, I do have to give them credit for following through with their beliefs. That gun owners would have that much back bone.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm betting the Indians that answer the phones for microsoft don't like that we eat cows.
</div></div>
I worked for a multinational corporation and always wondered how my Indian colleagues felt when they went into the cafeteria's lunch line and there were slices of roast beef. The notion though, that all Indians are vegetarians is incorrect. In conversations with my colleagues I learned that folks from northern India do eat meat.

So as not to completely hijack this thread, I'll close by saying I agree 100% with 338WinMag. I too was really cranked that AP would put these tango-wannabees on TV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem I have is that for 1.5 Mil they could have bought a Mk46 torpedo and SOLVED This problem - they refuse to do what it takes to actually STOP the whaling...</div></div>

The homos would sink themselves...and try to blame the Japs.

Without further a due
grin.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDIo2ncSgDc "></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDIo2ncSgDc " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

And for the grand finale

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z_KnBKriGog "></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z_KnBKriGog " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I don't like japs but I really hate hippies. So for me, this is like watching glass break and knowing someone else is going to clean it up
grin.gif

Those fucking idiots CLEARLY accelerated into the japs.

Designed to harass. Same as them throwing stink bombs and the noise makers. It is supposed to be one of the pain inflicting sound devices that will literally f' up your hearing. Not to many eye friendly lasers out there either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trailmudder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looked like one hell of a boat . </div></div>

Past tense! LOL

Hell, that's the Batboat.

At least it WAS the Batboat.

Couldnt happen to a dumber set of long haired dope smoking hippy freaks... and I say that nicely.

news_091020_1_1_Sea_Shepherd_unveils_the_Ady_Gil.jpg

At a fundraising event in Los Angeles on Saturday, October 17th, 2009, the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society unveiled their newest ocean defense vessel: the Ady Gil. The vessel, previously known as the Earthrace, is a fast, futuristic looking trimaran that recently set the world record for global circumnavigation. The vessel renaming reflects the ship&#8217;s benefactor, Ady Gil, who helped acquire the vessel.

Due to its speed capabilities, up to 50 knots, Captain Paul Watson (Sea Shepherd President and Founder) will use the Ady Gil to intercept and physically block the harpoon ships from illegally slaughtering whales.

Captain Watson said before Operation Waltzing Matilda, &#8220;We&#8217;re very excited that the Ady Gil will be joining the Steve Irwin in Antarctica this campaign. With these two ships, we will mount the most ambitious and aggressive effort to date to obstruct the slaughter of the whales in the Southern Ocean.&#8221;

Says Chuck Swift, Deputy CEO in charge of ship&#8217;s operations, &#8220;The Ady Gil gives us the speed necessary to catch and stay with the Japanese whaling fleet. We are very optimistic that with these two ships, and some other surprises, we will shut down whaling in the Antarctic Whale Sanctuary.&#8221;

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strickland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
news_091020_1_1_Sea_Shepherd_unveils_the_Ady_Gil.jpg

Captain Paul Watson (Sea Shepherd President and Founder) will use the Ady Gil to intercept and physically block the harpoon ships from illegally slaughtering whales.

</div></div>how's that working out?

Carbon 0 Steel 1, fukn tree huggers. I guess of all the causes they have this one has at least some merrit, but they damn sure had it coming.

Can't support the Japanese concerning whaling, I see no other point than profit. But have no sorrow for the Sea Shepard's either.

Come on, you harass a vessel and antagonize the crew in international waters and then "park" your carbon fiber speed boat in front of a steel ship. Not really thinking with your head are you? Didn't look stationary to me, looked like the Ady Gil was under her own power and she sure didn't look like she was hard astern or hard to port to end round.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BillPrudden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a classic example of a population that will not resort to violence meeting a population that will. Guess who wins?

Bill </div></div>

So far, the Japs have handed them their a$$es without resorting to violence (excepting one incident, as I recall).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BillPrudden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a classic example of a population that will not resort to violence meeting a population that will. Guess who wins?

Bill </div></div>

Amen.

I like the Japanese people, I just disagree with eating whales as there are so few and they don't reproduce fast enough.

I also respect the anti-whalers for having balls to go out in water that WILL kill you in less than 15 minutes.

but if you are going to protest something like this, why not use a torpedo or a limpet mine or something?

They already throw ropes and cables to try to jam the propellers...(That won't sink a boat tho).

I love the fact that even after they cut her in half--the crew kept spraying her with the water cannon!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BillPrudden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a classic example of a population that will not resort to violence meeting a population that will. Guess who wins?

Bill </div></div>

Amen.

I like the Japanese people, I just disagree with eating whales as there are so few and they don't reproduce fast enough.

I also respect the anti-whalers for having balls to go out in water that WILL kill you in less than 15 minutes.

but if you are going to protest something like this, why not use a torpedo or a limpet mine or something?

They already throw ropes and cables to try to jam the propellers...(That won't sink a boat tho).

</div></div>

Thats funny, I thought the same thing. "why don't they just get a sub and launch some torpedos, that would do the job". Then I saw how they handles themselves on a boat and I realized...if they submerged, they would never come up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...if they submerged, they would never come up.</div></div>

Not to mention they wouldn't be able to get their 15 minutes of fame on TV. IMO that's their first priority.

I think it is the whole non-violence thing that sometimes turns violent. If they were to use a real weapon than the jap's would use real weapons and of course then you would have a bunch of dead hippies.

This thread is gettin' pretty funny.

Well I guess like AL was saying earlier, deck mounted torpedos are always an option...Like launching the inflatable in the first season, they are good at dumping things in the water.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...and of course then you would have a bunch of dead hippies.</div></div>

Do they smell as bad as live hippies?

If there ever was a reason for Big Boys Rules...

Did you see the one where the capt was shot in the chest with some pistol? He had a vest on and was like "Oh my I was shot". I was laughing pretty good at that one. I am not down with eating whales either. I would just shoot the whalers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not down with eating whales either.</div></div>

Ever tried it?