• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What’s in a name- KAC SR25 APC or PC

David4570

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
First, I’ve been told by Eric at Knights that there is no difference between the two. That being said, Knight’s current website offers a SR25 E2 PC.
However, I just completed my order and received an invoice for an APC.
Perhaps I’m being a little retentive, but I would like to have a receipt reflecting the purchase of their “current“ PC model. Am I being unreasonable. Will the name issue affect it’s retained value? If Knights thinks the rifle is better marketed as an PC then wouldn’t it be nice if my receipt said PC?
Constructive comments welcome.

Last edited:
The same thing happened with mine a few months ago; order was fulfilled as an "A" version long after the "advanced" had been dropped from the manufacturer's website.

I would not think it is a problem; it is the same firearm otherwise.

KAC makes so many incremental product line changes it is not surprising that it takes some time for items to catch up to marketing.

I do not think it would affect value retention; the URX4 line of rifles does not seem to have the same collectibility/value retention as the URX 3 and URX 3.1 rifles.

First, I’ve been told by Eric at Knights that there is no difference between the two. That being said, Knight’s current website offers a SR25 E2 PC.
However, I just completed my order and received an invoice for an APC.
Perhaps I’m being a little retentive, but I would like to have a receipt reflecting the purchase of their “current“ AC model. Am I being unreasonable. Will the name issue affect it’s retained value? If Knights thinks the rifle is better marketed as an AC then should I insist my receipt say AC?
Construction comments welcome.

Late last year I had decided to purchase a KAC SR-25 E2 APR, model 31961. By the time I got everything planned out and decided to move forward in April 2018 the name had changed to an SR-25 E2 PR but the model number was the same as well as all the specifications. It appeared that nothing had changed. I called KAC and was informed that there was no difference, the “A” only stood for Advanced.

I don’t know whether the name would affect its value, I am not a collector. If I were looking to purchase your rifle I would be more interested in the specifications, the condition, the number of rounds fired and history of the rifle. The PC vs. APC would not matter to me, but that’s me. I wonder if the Dealer you purchased it through had the latest name in their computer. In other words, the Dealer would have entered into the computer the model number you want but since the model number had not changed the old name was still associated with it and all that the Dealer would need to do is update the name associated with the model number?

Congrats on the rifle. Good luck. Be safe.

Same rifle with same part number. The naming is just for civilians anyway. The actual designation of the rifle you bought is M110K3. When I bought mine from Lawmans it came marked as that on the invoice. Same as the APC or PC now. So ya... Doesn't matter.

I would not worry about your receipt. It's the same rifle.

I ordered direct from Knights LE Dept. It’s not a big deal, but how hard is it to change the “civilian” model designation from APC to PC on the invoice. I’d actually prefer the M110K3 number myself.

I understand neither APC or PC appears anywhere on the rifle.

Last edited:
Please don’t get me wrong, I feel lucky and stoked to have this rifle inbound. I’ve been bugging my friends about getting into a Big AR for years. It seems to me that this segment of the industry has seen improvements in reliability, weight and controls. I finally pulled the purchase trigger and I look forward to pulling the Knights trigger soon.

Happy shooting all.