• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s the best AI mag extension?

kansas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2012
Kansas
I’m seeing a Core +2, MPA, and area 419. Are there any others and what do you prefer?

I have tried none of them, but the 419 looks really good to me. Tempted to try it out.

Does no one make an extension for the AX/AW/AT mags?

Last edited:
I ended up with a Seekins attached to a Accurate Mag that I bought off the PX here. The last Accurate mag I had didn't function very well but I ran this with 12 and 13 rounds during a local match and it performed better than my AI mags. Wished I'd performed as well as it did.

Anyone know where I can get AW mag bottom plates (for having a little something to grab to get it out of the mag pouch)?

550 cord and tape will work as a mag hook, if you looking for something simple.

Looks like Seekins/core is +2 and the the MPA, 419 is +4. So that may help your decisions depending on how many additional rounds and weight you are after

I run both the MPA and Area 419. both work very well. the nice thing about the 419 is that it will work with AI, Accurate, and ARC mags. with the MPA you need to order the correct one. not a big deal, just a difference. never had an issue with either

On AICS mags I use the Core +2 and on my AX mags I use the Core baseplates.

Yep, on the e-mail list for when they become available again (if ever).

I have a couple of the Area 419's, got them to put on 5 rounders. Won't lock in place in most of the rifles I've tested it on with the 5 round mags. Extension hits the latch. I've milled the backside of one and added a couple set screws to lock it in place. I'll probably just run the seekins now.

It should be noted that even the Seekins mag extensions, as noted on Seekins' site, that when used with 5-round mags they will interfere with fit on some bottom metal setups.

It should be noted that even the Seekins mag extensions, as noted on Seekins' site, that when used with 5-round mags they will interfere with fit on some bottom metal setups.

True, I needed to hit them with a file on the rear corners. I milled close to an 1/8th of an inch off the back of the Area 419 extension to get it to work with the 5 round mags. They all work fine with 10 round mags, though I've got one with a slightly shorter spring that doesn't want to feed the last round.

For p mag extensions, check out taran tactical. Not sure if this is what you are looking for. I run mpa on my aics for my bolt gun, and tti on my gas gun, and both work really well.