• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What’s the best leather edc belt

a1-equipment

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2007
Salem VA
Have had the same leather edc belt for that last 15 year that maker is no longer in business. Any recommendations for edc belt for heavier pistols.

I've only used Crossbreed belts and I've been happy with them.

I have the Classic and the Crossover. I heard people complain about the Crossover buckle sliding but mine has been solid. I prefer the Crossover for the infinite fine tuning vs. the ¾" hole spacing on the traditional belt.

I've carried with leather for thirty years and have been satisfied with Beltman horsehide through 3 different company owners. I've bought a half dozen belts in that time, but usually because they seem to shrink over time. Milt Sparks makes a fine belt that comes precurved, but the curve doesn't take long to form naturally.

Hanks gun belts. I wear the one with the Kydex liner daily with zero problems. 5 years or so now...

I have been using these guys leather for a long time.

I have out grown some of thier belts but not yet worn one out or thier holsters.

Carry every day.

Reactions: backsideof45
Well, there's certainly no shortage of capable gun belts. Good to know. Trying 'em all gets expensive though.

Another vote for Beltman belts. Best belt I've ever purchased.

these are the best belts you will find

That looks decent with the steel reinforcement. I have two Magpul belts, one is everyday casual and one is a little nicer looking for dressier. They are polymer reinforced and like the Bigfoot claims, don't sag. Mine haven't sagged or lost shape after many years of EDC.

I've recently switched from my Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced, that I've been wearing for a few years, to a Blue Alpha Gear Low Profile belt. If you AIWB carry, a flexible belt is a must. The Blue Alpha belts will conform to your body, but will not collapse like a cheap belt. I've heard good things about the Graith belt, but it's not my cup of tea. If you want something with a ton of adjustment, check out the Aegis belts, and if you want to be snazzy, Mean Gene Leather uses the Aegis buckle for some of their belts.

I really like the ones that slide instead of buckle, they adjust in 1/4 “ increments

Like these?

Been wearing these for a couple years now and I like em.

Like these?

Been wearing these for a couple years now and I like em.
Yes

Would second (third or fourth…) a solid double horsehide belt. I make my own from horse-butt (tanned alongside shell cordovan for the first leg…) extremely durable. I can almost hold from the buckle end and have them stand straight out. No sags and horsehide wears like iron. In my observation, the holes are the first thing to go on a belt and I find the metal strips kinda gimmicky. Here’s a couple pics of what I really have come to like

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 40