• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk What’s your 2021 setup/s?

Dthomas3523

Account no longer active
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas
    So, what is everyone planning on running for 2021 season?

My lineup:

Lone Peak Fuzion - MPA Matrix - Diamond Single Stage - ZCO 527 mpct3 - 6x47

Lone Peak Fuzion - Foundation Centurion- Diamond Single Stage - Schmidt H2CMR - 6 dasher

Accuracy Int’l - Accuracy Obsession Chassis - tuned AI factory trigger - ZCO 527 mpct3 - 6bra

Will be running berger 109’s unless I dabble with 108’s. Varget and maybe VV n150. Lapua and Peterson brass. Also want to compare the 6x47, dasher, and 6bra. Mainly in the recoil dept to finalize my thoughts on that as recoil is really what this game is about.

I may swap diamond 2 stage out here and there. But I run the single better on faster/harder stages. I like the 2 stage for training as you have no choice but to stay engaged with trigger.

Running APA Fat Bastard and Insite Heathen 5 port brakes.

So, what’s your setup looking like? Anything you’re looking to try this season?

Impact 737R
    Bartlein 26" 6BRA
    Manners PRS-TCS
    APA G3 Lil Bastard
    Tangent Theta 5-25x56 Gen 3XR in ARC Rings
    Atlas CAL

Might try running a suppressor over the off season just to compare the recoil. If I do end up using one, I'll switch everything over to the Hellfire system. May also try 109 Hybrids instead of 105s but we'll see.

Biggest change will be the switch to the AREA 419 RCX system. Our MDs up here like to run a 10 round, 10 position stage at each match. Oir matches are close enough at the top that, that stage could determine the order.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
    Impact 737R
    Bartlein 26" 6BRA
    Manners PRS-TCS
    APA G3 Lil Bastard
    Tangent Theta 5-25x56 Gen 3XR in ARC Rings
    Atlas CAL

Might try running a suppressor over the off season just to compare the recoil. If I do end up using one, I'll switch everything over to the Hellfire system. May also try 109 Hybrids instead of 105s but we'll see.

Biggest change will be the switch to the AREA 419 RCX system. Our MDs up here like to run a 10 round, 10 position stage at each match. Oir matches are close enough at the top that, that stage could determine the order.

Check out the gray ops mini plate pro + Armageddon gear bag made for it as well. Have had to use it on 10 position stages and it’s very nice.

Check out the gray ops mini plate pro + Armageddon gear bag made for it as well. Have had to use it on 10 position stages and it’s very nice.

I used one all season and hated it. The attachment points and methods left a lot to be desired unfortunately. I wanted to like it. Tried it with the hooks and without the hooks, it just always seemed either hang too long or the velcro would come undone.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dthomas3523
    Impact 737 LH, Bartlein 26" M24 5R 1-8 6.5 CM, Altus spun barreled action, Impact Muzzle brake 6.5 or 7mm.
    XLR Envy Pro JV (not here yet), probably not use all the weights, stashing my LH castle MPA with 419 rail in case the XLR is late or bunk
    TT Diamond pro curve LH, grey ops thumb shelf
    ZCO MPCT2 in 0moa ERA TAC unimount height 1.5", with Trijicon RMR 1moa RDS at 12-oclock in front of elevation turret
    TBAC Bipod on RRS mount, MDT 10+12 rd mags, ColeTac springy thingy or hawk hill dope card holder

Prime 130 factory (waiting on Xmas group buy order) and Hornady 140 eldm factory, doing break in with 140 Am Gunner

Traust pillow, AG Schmedium wth lots of sand removed, and an AG Custom WCPSGC filled with schmedium sand by request, don't really run plates.

RRS-anvil w/ Abeltable with Leica 2700B and Leupold MK4 H-32 on wings, trying a new Erblestock Switchblade for all my shit, rifle gets slung, tripod carried.

Gonna be my first season moving away from .308 to 6.5 CM, and pretty excited about it.

The similar .308 will be back up choice for soaking wet days, with handloaded 185 jugs over 2000MR, Impact LH, Bart 1-10 24" 5R M24, Altus spun, Impact Muzzle brake, MPA LH Castle, TT Diamond, Gen2 Razor 7C, Spuhr 1.5" 0moa with same RDS at 12-oclock.

Also very excited to try out the RDS quick spot transition to a predialed 25x scope, gonna practice that and zero at 600 per NoLegs' input.

Gonna be a looooong winter, but that's for NRL22, bring it 2021!!!

Impact 737
    6 GT N555 and Dtacs
    26" MTU Hawk Hill chambered by Hawk Hill 7 tw
    TT Diamond 2 stage (if I can get used to it) or single stage
    Foundation Centurion
    ZCO 5-27 MPCT3
    APA Fat Bastard gen 3
    TBAC bipod
    The most important thing I'm running next year is two classes with Caylen and Phil ;) , which begins this Sunday.

Only thing new for me will be changing from a 5-25 ATACR to a 7-35.

everything else the same.

impact, foundation, apa lil bastard, 6br and a .223 in same config, mini gray ops plate, schmedium

I finally settled on a combo I like this past year and stopped changing stuff every other match.

I also should have something handy ready the foundation/manners/McMillan boys will like. Maybe even some chassis guys.
    First batch should be ready in a few weeks.

Impact 737
    Huber 2 stage
    24” Bartlein MTU with a TBAC.
    MPA BA chassis
    Atlas bipod.
    6GT
    109 Hybrids.
    Nightforce 7-35 ATCR

same as I ran this year.

@RoterJager

gotta love those 2 yahoo’s and their wacky blind stages. 😂😂😂

I picked up the Area 419 RCX with the Schmedium bag after a few matches this year and it was a crucial piece of equipment. Really helped.

Last edited:
    Didn't shoot in 2020 too busy
    Mpa chassis
    Mausingfield
    Tt diamond
    Tbac bipod s on rifles now
    419 hell fires

Only real change may be a few ZCO scopes

I bought x2 xylo rifles to play with and like them but the mausingfield is better to me

Have rifles all matching in
    6 comp match
    6 creed
    6.5 creed

I just grab and go

If shooting 6mm it will be 105 hybrid i have just under 10k of them.

Really no changes. There hasn't seemed to be anything crazy rules or gear wise to change. When I pick a set up its for years. I buy enough to not worry and know what I'm doing going forward.

Same as 2020 unfortunately. Too much barrel life left after this abortion of a shooting season.

Bighorn TL-3
    MPA Comp
    Bartlien in 260rem
    A419 Sidewinder
    CG X-treme Mod22 2 stage trigger
    Wallace Machine Works gamer plate
    Wallace Machine Works CORS sling

Still using 43.0gn of H4350 to push a Lapua 136-L around 2915fps.

Same for me, except switching from ZCo 527 Mpct2 to a 420 Mpct3 and possibly from a MPA BA Comp to a Foundation Centurion.

Current primary:
    Origin
    TT Diamond SS
    28" Bart 1:8 in 6BR
    Spuhr
    ZCo 527 (will swap for a 420)
    MDT brake
    MPA BA Comp (will swap for Centurion)

Backup:
    Origin
    TT Diamond
    28" Bart 1:8 in 6BR
    Spuhr
    Athlon Ares ETR (will swap for ZCo 527 off primary)
    MDT Brake
    MPA BA Comp

Berger 105 hybrids, WSR primers, Varget (or H4350), Lapua brass.

Same as 2020 for me.

Rem 700
    Mpa BA
    Calvin Elite single
    Muller works 6.5 Creed M24 24"
    130 VLD
    Apa gen 2 LB
    DMRII Pro

Works well for matches and things other than steel targets

Backup is

Rem 700
    Mpa BA
    Calvin Elite single
    Rock creek 223AI 24"
    80 VLD
    Suppressed
    PST Gen 2 5-25

Last edited:
    Surgeon 591
    TT Diamon
    Hawk Hill in 6GT
    Gen II Razor 4.5-27
    MDT ACC with Weights
    Rugged Surge
    Tactical Udder
    ELR 3D rear bag
    Ckye Pod

May try running an Area 419 Hellraiser to see how the concussion is. I really like shooting with a can but want to see the recoil difference with a brake.

Setup for me will be very similar to 2020
    2 Impact 737R - main in 6 Dasher (105 Hybrids), Backup in 6.5 Creed (130 OTM). 308 Barrel (Fed 175 SMK) on standby when I get bored
    APA Gen3 Fat Bastard. OSS suppressor on 308
    2 MDT ACC Chassis with OBI grips
    Ckye Pod & Atlas Cal
    2x ZCO with MPCT 3 reticles
    Huber 2 Stage Triggers

New items for 2021:
    Area 419 Maverick
    Triple Ckye Pod
    BTX 115
    Triggertech Trigger
    Rim X 22 Trainer BA

As an add on. In all honesty I really don't see any massive upgrades across the board.
    Chassis / stocks, I see more options geared towards competitors but nothing revolutionary. Just more choices

Actions, more choices again but nothing sticking out. I would love to see a someone come up with a straight pull or biathlon style. That would change things!

Triggers, a few more options but nothing radical

Barrels, lots of profits but thats been possible for years. Its just becoming more common. New barrel material from barlein will probably be popular for good reason.

Brakes, same stuff just more spin offs

Mounts, boring.....

Optics, a few new options but nothing that changes the game.

Caliber, hmm the 6 creed or similar is close to the old 243. The 6.5 creed is close to the 260 rem.

Maybe the .25 will take over but not in 2021 i don't think.

Sorry just my rambling thoughts.. it is fun to see whats being used. I just don't adapt to changes unless I see significant reason to for the long term. Instead I go with large qty vs constantly evolving parts.

Similar to lots of others, but really proven for me this year. I'd be really hard pressed to "improve" anything on my setup.

Impact 737r
    Proof SS competition contour 26" 6 dasher (109 Hybrids) / 6.5CM (140 Hybrids)
    APA Lil' Bastard Gen 3
    KSS Adaptive Tuner
    TT Diamond flat shoe
    Ckye Pod PRS
    Spuhr SP-4001
    Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27
    MPA BA competition chassis + full weight kit + Grey Ops weights
    Grey Ops mini-gun plate
    AG waxed canvas game changer
    RRS 34L + Anvil 30
    The MUB MOD DOS plate

Y’all are a bunch of psychos. Needs wayyyyyyyy moar pics.

03A26BCE-C432-4211-99CD-777AE13A8EB9.jpeg

360Precision 6 Creed
    FGMM 105 Hybrids
    LP Fuzion
    TCS
    Bruxxxxxx boi
    419 Maverick
    USO/ZCO Undecided

Hopefully next year allows me to burn a couple 6 Creed barrels out.

Primary:
    Zermatt TL3
    TT- Diamond
    6 CM Proof SS competition contour 16” (112 Gr Match Burners under RL16)
    Area419 Hellfire
    MPA BA ESR chassis + internal weights
    Leupold Mark 5HD - CCH Reticle
    AG pint size game changer
    Abel Co - Abel plate
    Innorel RT90C tripod

I have also have a PVA 260 Rem barrel shooting 123 HPBT’s

Secondary:
    Rem700
    TT Special
    CBI - MTU contour - 308 Win (175/178 Gr)
    APA Gen 2 FB
    KRG Bravo w/ arca aluminum forend
    Leupold LRP 4.5 - 14 w/ CCH Reticle

The primary focus for 2021:
    Refine reloading process to create consistency
    Stop caring about time and shoot
    Hit more and suck less...

Last edited:
    how could you be undecided between uso and zco?

“I’m undecided on whether I should eat this semi-soft serve 5 pound dog shit or the 12oz prime ribeye”

I’m well aware of the rep that USO has at this point but the FDN25 has been bomb proof for me this year and quite honestly, the JVCR reticle blows the MPCT-3 out of the water.

Make no mistake, the ZCO is the nicer of the two, but when you find something that works well for you, you’d be pretty dumb to change it.

Nice rig! Also, what is that sweet cheek piece adjustment knob and where can I buy one?!

Thanks dood.

Not available to the public just but PM me and I can get you hooked up.

Reactions: Carole Baskins
    Hopefully I’ll be able to actually get out and shoot more then four matches in a season. Expand into shooting field style matches like the sniper unknown challenge and hopefully a warhorse development match.

Primary
    Bighorn TL3
    TT Diamond
    Manners PRS1 mini chassis
    PVA spun up 6Dasher M24
    Vortex Razor EBR-7C
    Hawkins Rings
    Atlas PSR

secondary
    Zermatt Origin
    TT special
    MPA comp
    PVA spun up 6creed medium Palma
    Seekins rings
    Nikon FX1000
    Atlas V8

Begara B14R barreled action
    TT primary
    Manners PRS1
    Athlon 4.5-27 Ares
    Seekins rings
    Atlas V8

Last edited:
    Reactions: EN2722
    Archimedes SA
    6 creed Bartlein mtu 24"
    Area 419 hellfire or my Suppressor
    Bix n Andy 2 stage
    Kahles k624i skmr
    Manners TCS
    Ckye-pod
    Warhorse saracen or peanut x

Primary-
    GAP Tempest - MDT ACC - Jewell Single Stage - NF ATACR 7-35 Mil-XT - Brad Hiskey Brake - 6 Dasher (Alpha Brass)

Backup-
    Terminus Zeus - MDT ACC - Bix n Andy Tacsport Single Stage - TT 525P Gen3XR - TBAC Ultra 9 6.5 (hopefully) - 22 BR (Lapua Brass)

22-
    CZ 457 - XLR Element - Standard Trigger - Vortex PST Gen II - Lapua Center X

Ckye Pod and Harris with Atlas feet

109 Bergers in the Dasher
    88 ELD-Ms in the BR

RL16 for both of them, have about 42 lbs. left.

Hoping to upgrade my well-used Razor EBR2C to a ZCO. Planning on waiting til “shot show” timeframe to see if they make a MPCT3 without the funnel.

Otherwise same AI w/Obsession chassis and 6GT setup as this year.

I’m going to try and shoot some centerfire matches this year.

Impact 737R

Keystone chambered 27” HV Kreiger 6BR barrel

Lapua brass, varget, fed 205m, 105 hybrids pushing 2850

Sage green AIAX chassis (sage green is most awith arca rails for tripod/ Ckye pod usage

TT 2 stage Diamond

ZCO 5-27 MPCT 3 or TT 5-25 Gen2XR (depends on how I like the TT on my vudoo)

Probably will run my Ultra 9 if possible. If everyone is braked, I’ll run a 3 port hellfire

51C34CC0-2B51-45E1-8465-2B0841835A27.jpeg

For my rimfire matches I shoot:

vudoo v22

18” proof carbon barrel

Aiax chassis custom cerakoted desert sand with arca rails

lapua center x or midas plus

Tangent Theta 5-25x Gen2XR

Ckye pod

2 stage Diamond

Maybe a TBAC 22 takedown. Further accuracy testing needed to see if I’ll give up points at distance with it or not.

7E7E8D83-64B4-4C48-AD28-676E0752F49E.jpeg

More than likely will be running the same setup as 2020

Insite Arms built
    6 Dasher (105 Hybrids at 2900)
    25" Krieger Custom contour (1.25" Straight for 8" then down to 1" at muzzle)
    Insite Heathen 4-port brake
    Impact 737r
    TT Diamond
    Atlas CAL
    Vortex Razor AMG
    Foundation Exodus (Although this might get swapped for a Manners TCS)

Last edited:
    Same as it was in the 2018 season, except that I've swapped over from 6.5 Creedmoor to 6BRA.

IMG_20180427_170853-01.jpeg

Mausingfield M5 with 28" Krieger HV 6BRA barrel
    Khales K624 w/SKMR-3 reticle + ARC rings
    JAE Chassis w/all the accessories (bag rider not pictured)
    BnA Tacsport Pro 2 stage trigger
    Ckye-pod bipod
    Insite Arms Heathen brake (not pictured)

Hopefully I get to shoot more in the upcoming seasons, I've taken a hiatus from going to competitions due to scheduling/life conflicts.

My late 2020 and 2021 setup.
    TL3
    Gen 5 KRG W3
    Proof 26" comp contour prefit in 6.5 creed
    TT Diamond
    Good ole low tech Harris bipod
    Shoots 140 ELD-Ms at 2825fps
    IMG_7172.jpg

Same as it was in the 2018 season, except that I've swapped over from 6.5 Creedmoor to 6BRA.

View attachment 7461132

Mausingfield M5 with 28" Krieger HV 6BRA barrel
    Khales K624 w/SKMR-3 reticle + ARC rings
    JAE Chassis w/all the accessories (bag rider not pictured)
    BnA Tacsport Pro 2 stage trigger
    Ckye-pod bipod
    Insite Arms Heathen brake (not pictured)

Hopefully I get to shoot more in the upcoming seasons, I've taken a hiatus from going to competitions due to scheduling/life conflicts.
    Nice view

Reactions: kthomas
    how could you be undecided between uso and zco?

“I’m undecided on whether I should eat this semi-soft serve 5 pound dog shit or the 12oz prime ribeye”

well I’ll leave you with your overestimated dog shit prime ribeye and stay with my A5 picanha 😂

That FDN serie as nothing to envy to the ZCO offering..

Likely will be shooting fewer matches in 2021, so I’ll keep mine the same. Biggest thing will be switching from factory Hornady to reloads.

Impact 737 in 6CM
    Bartlein 24”
    B&A 2 stage
    Manners TCS
    ZCO/Spuhr
    APA Gen 3 LB
    Atlas

Well... changed up from the Foundation, going TCS this year.

Last edited:
    Reactions: D_TROS
    So, what is everyone planning on running for 2021 season?

My lineup:

Lone Peak Fuzion - MPA Matrix - Diamond Single Stage - ZCO 527 mpct3 - 6x47

Lone Peak Fuzion - Foundation Centurion- Diamond Single Stage - Schmidt H2CMR - 6 dasher

Accuracy Int’l - Accuracy Obsession Chassis - tuned AI factory trigger - ZCO 527 mpct3 - 6bra

Will be running berger 109’s unless I dabble with 108’s. Varget and maybe VV n150. Lapua and Peterson brass. Also want to compare the 6x47, dasher, and 6bra. Mainly in the recoil dept to finalize my thoughts on that as recoil is really what this game is about.

I may swap diamond 2 stage out here and there. But I run the single better on faster/harder stages. I like the 2 stage for training as you have no choice but to stay engaged with trigger.

Running APA Fat Bastard and Insite Heathen 5 port brakes.

So, what’s your setup looking like? Anything you’re looking to try this season?
    What mags are you running in the AI for the BRA? I have a barrel and everything else I need for my AT, except I haven't finalized mags yet.

What mags are you running in the AI for the BRA? I have a barrel and everything else I need for my AT, except I haven't finalized mags yet.

You’ll only want to run aw mags in an AT rifle. I use the hrd mag kits. But tapping the rounds up to the front of mag works the same too. The spacer just keeps them for inadvertently sliding back.

Reactions: mkollman74