• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s your go to AI AXSR case?

Sure Shot 45

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jan 13, 2020
    In the market for a case for the AI AXSR and understand AI doesn’t make one for the SR. Looking at Pelican Vault V800 or the Pelican Storm im3220 in the folded position. Would love to see what you guys are using, and any other suggestions. Thanks

I use a Storm im3200 and it works well. I'd guess the regular Pelican line would be just the same. Check page 301 of the AI thread, there was a case dump in there. I've also used a im3220 with barrels and tripod on a lower level but that gets super heavy so I wouldn't recommend it.

PXL_20230415_162604344.jpg

I use a Storm im3200 and it works well. I'd guess the regular Pelican line would be just the same. Check page 301 of the AI thread, there was a case dump in there. I've also used a im3220 with barrels and tripod on a lower level but that gets super heavy so I wouldn't recommend it.

View attachment 8137180

I was under the impression the im3220 would be required and the im3200 wouldn’t work because of the thickness when folded. Have you cut both 2in layers to fit your SR? If so there’s just the final 0.5” layer beneath?

I cut the bottom layer only where the folder sits. Ignore my 3rd world workmanship I used a 7-axis knife to hack this out then glued the layers together with spray adhesive.

PXL_20230508_202933603.jpg