• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s your take on the 6.8 SPC chamber?

My personal take on it was that I couldn’t ever get it to shoot all that amazing. I had a Noveske barrel, and I shot about 10 different loads through it. It was a moa shooter, but JUST THAT.
I’m used to my AR’s being much better than that.
I shot several Fallow Deer, and a Corsican Ram with it. They were both down very quickly, but they weren’t far shots either. I subscribe to the “Only Accurate Guns are Interesting” theory, so I sold that upper. If I was going that route again.....which I won’t, I’d go 6.5 Grendel. I believe there are better bullets available, and the 6.5 is an inherently accurate round.

Definitely go with the 6.8 SPC II. It fixed the issues with the original cartridge. With a 4x scope on my 16" AR I normally get under 3/4 MOA @ 100yds. Great coyote and deer round. I don't have a 6.5 Grendel, but I've heard military units had issues with bolt lugs breaking with the opened up bolt face not having enough retained strength.

SPC II or ARP chambers are the golden standard.

VegasHKShooter, I started out with a Noveske 6.8 barrel also and had the same results. You would think with such a name the barrel would shoot great but not the case. I then went with a few AR15 Performance barrels and they shoot much better at nearly half the price. I had both the 6.8 and 6.5g at one time, sold the g after getting a Creedmoor. Still use the 6.8 as my main deer rifle, amazing setup with a 12.5" barrel and can.

Reactions: VegasHKShooter
I have a 6.8 SPC (ARP barrel) and 6.5 Creedmoor ARs (and a couple other calibers) but no 6.5 Grendle. I'm happy with my choices.

These are all actually usable and the hunting bullets expand as they should in the 6.8 but the 135SMK IMO requires loading long with a cutout mag or single feeding.
In addition to the ones in the photo:
105 Cavity Back
120 Cavity back
100 Hornady GMX
115 Fusion
115 Federal fmj
90 Gold dot
110 S&B pts
90 Nosler bonded
110 Nosler SP
130 Berger Classic Hunter
And probably several more I forgot

Reactions: RanchRifle
Thanks again guys!!! Great information!! In my area of Houston Texas the ammo most available is 110 black and 115 fusion.

I will probably go with federal fusion. Like there YouTube promo!!!

Aim small miss small!!!!

I don't know why anyone would get a 6.8 with the Grendel being available.

LOL, you guys are funny. I've had both and still shoot a 12.5" 6.8, sold the g after gettting a Creedmoor. If you want to ring steel with authority way out there, the g isn't going to do it, not enough speed or power.

Is the g a good round? Yes it is but not near as special as some here make it.

I had one with a fluted Yankee hill barrel that was light as hell and made a very nice deer rifle out to 300-350 yards once I got the feeding issues worked out. Use a 224 Valkyrie now