• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s your team match rifle?

hot loads B==D - - -
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2011
Houston, TX
Shot my first team match last weekend at Arena and I’m hooked. I want to build a dedicated team match rifle. Moving around with my PRS rifle got a little tiresome and I want to go lighter. What are you guys running?

I don’t plan on shooting NRL Hunter but rather the other team events. I was thinking about 22GT as I shoot both 6GT and 22GT. Weight goal is ~15 pounds give or take. My Kelbly Prometheus is on the chunkier side but it’s fine.

I need to reach out to manners to see if they can tweak the LOP on a new build for the LRH and maybe add a full length arca rail.

I don’t plan on shooting NRL Hunter but rather the other team events. I was thinking about 22GT as I shoot both 6GT and 22GT. Weight goal is ~15 pounds give or take. My Kelbly Prometheus is on the chunkier side but it’s fine.

I need to reach out to manners to see if they can tweak the LOP on a new build for the LRH and maybe add a full length arca rail. I made my own full length arca that only weight 4 ounces.
I have been wanting to try a Hunter match, I ran my rifle in the Vortex Team Sniper Challenge and it did really well, I have a 22 GT that likes blowing up bullets, make sure you you do your homework and go with a 7.5 twist.

Reactions: CSTactical
I have been wanting to try a Hunter match, I ran my rifle in the Vortex Team Sniper Challenge and it did really well, I have a 22 GT that likes blowing up bullets, make sure you you do your homework and go with a 7.5 twist.
Knock on wood I haven’t blown up bullets yet. My PRS 22GT shoots 85.5 Bergers that I push to 3050 or so. It’s a 7T. Zero issues either with 90 SMK. That said I haven’t tried the 88 ELDM

Reactions: Mechdesigner
I RO'd this one but have also shot it amongst a few other team matches. Hope you had a great time. I think, before you dive into another rifle, consider figuring out if your teammate is down to run 223 or 308 as a secondary. Do you have a dedicated teammate? Guardian doesn't require secondary to shoot 223/308 but many others do. Some require secondary to run a gas gun. Just something to think about. After all, can't shoot team matches without a team mate.

If you've already got that part figured out, disregard and carry on

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
I RO'd this one but have also shot it amongst a few other team matches. Hope you had a great time. I think, before you dive into another rifle, consider figuring out if your teammate is down to run 223 or 308 as a secondary. Do you have a dedicated teammate? Guardian doesn't require secondary to shoot 223/308 but many others do. Some require secondary to run a gas gun. Just something to think about. After all, can't shoot team matches without a team mate.

If you've already got that part figured out, disregard and carry on
Yeah we are a small group of likeminded shooters and all enjoyed Guardian. We discussed the secondary shooter role pertaining to the other matches like Competition Dynamics and have no issues with either role. Most of us are already equipped to swing either way.
Thanks for ROing. 😎

Reactions: Modoc and ChidJ
Glad you enjoyed it. That was the first Guardian match at Arena that I missed. If you're in the SE check out the matches at Steel City.

Normally, I remove all the weights off my match rifle which drops it to 18lbs. Can go lighter by changing the barrel to a CF. This is the easy route unless you need a reason to build another. Having a folder helps when rucking.

Last edited:
Reactions: 021411
Glad you enjoyed it. That was the first Guardian match at Arena that I missed. If you're in the SE check out the matches at Steel City.

Normally, I remove all the weights off my match rifle which drops it to 18lbs. Can go lighter by changing the barrel to a CF. This is the east route unless you need a reason to build another. Having a folder helps when rucking.
It was my first Guardian ever but from what they were discussing there were changes this year from last. This match with the pistol targets it was hit/miss move. I take it last year it was unlimited rounds? Also we had a stage where we had to pull a card out of a box for our team mate to shoot. Someone mentioned last year or previous years you couldn’t describe what it was? Something to that matter. Not sure exactly which stage.

My rifle was kissing 18 pounds as well. 1000% manageable but at the end of the day it felt heavy.

It was my first Guardian ever but from what they were discussing there were changes this year from last. This match with the pistol targets it was hit/miss move. I take it last year it was unlimited rounds? Also we had a stage where we had to pull a card out of a box for our team mate to shoot. Someone mentioned last year or previous years you couldn’t describe what it was? Something to that matter. Not sure exactly which stage.

My rifle was kissing 18 pounds as well. 1000% manageable but at the end of the day it felt heavy.
Most pistols were hit to move on. It was sad seeing people drop three mags on stages. The card pull was similar but had very loud music playing making it hard to communicate.

Also new for this year was that they did not allow you to go back to your vehicle until the end of the match day.

Shot my first team match last weekend at Arena and I’m hooked. I want to build a dedicated team match rifle. Moving around with my PRS rifle got a little tiresome and I want to go lighter. What are you guys running?

For the Guardian match I think weight is your friend, as long as they don’t make any rucks a part of the match. I shot my 23 lb rifle. Yeah it was a tote up the stairs, but other stages the rifle was mostly staged so it worked out. If more positional shooting was put in, I definitely think a heavy rifle with good balance is a benefit.

For NRL Hunter I have a sub 12lb rifle. I wouldn’t want that rifle in the Guardian match if nothing else changed.

I was in squad 3, you’d probably remember my heavy ass rifle if you were in my squad.