• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what 20moa base for the current CMP issue 40x?

Re: what 20moa base for the current CMP issue 40x?

20moa base for a 22?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M855</div><div class="ubbcode-body">20moa base for a 22? </div></div>

Yep. You pretty much need it to get out to 200 yards.

They take the same bases

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razor100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do i need a base with a remington 700 footprint or Remington 721 footprint? thanks. </div></div>

Interesting, I have a set of the Burris bases I recommended on a 40X with no drama. I also have a new in the package set waiting the arrival of my CMP 40X so I opened the package and the front and rear are different height, and not interchangeable front to rear. It appears that Burris has allowed for the receiver difference in their bases. Regards

Thanks Dennis, I'll withdraw my comments. I own two 40X benchrest rifles that have Davidson bases/Kelby rings. I have one 40X that I put the Burris bases on without any problems, maybe because I used the Burris Signature rings with the inserts that must have allowed me to get away with it. Regards

Not at all Dennis,I don't want to put out BS. My pals and I use the 40X actions as a base for our bench rest match rifles, and we use bases made by Davidson and they must be made with the needed dimentions built in because all of the custom gun smiths use them. I built this one 40X for a different purpose and went with the Burris bases. I was lucky that I used the Signature rings or I might have ruined a good Weaver 36X. Regards

Bed it with some JB Weld and drive on.
wink.gif