• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What 22 cans ?

BurtG

GOLDEN TICKET HOLDER
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Nov 9, 2022
    Northeast
    What 22 cans should I get. I have a sparrow and Gemtech outback. Really like the outback. Really need to clean the sparrow I never have

Looking at

Otter Creek Labs Titanium 22​

Maybe I should just get another sparrow. Tbac seems out of stock everywhere

I really like my SiCo Sparrow. But beware ... I also waited too long to clean it, and getting it apart and cleaning it were both very difficult. Now I use dielectric grease to coat the inside, and clean it every 500-or-so rounds. It's great on my 22LR MPA BA rifle, and even better when I use subsonic ammo. The last thing the rock chucks on my small ranch hear, is their eardrums exploding as the silent round goes through their head.

What 22 cans should I get. I have a sparrow and Gemtech outback. Really like the outback. Really need to clean the sparrow I never have

Looking at

OCL, TBAC, or Mask HD… Hard to go wrong with either of them. Everything I’ve seen posted has the OCL metering right there with the TBAC and Mask.

Reactions: BurtG
    Depends on what gun you're putting it on. At first glance all the rimfire cans seem the same but when you really start comparing them there's some I wouldn't mount on a pistol bc of their size and weight and some that compromise volume and length in favor of weight. I definitely wouldn't buy an aluminum suppressor due to the inability to use CLR or US + chemicals. I bought an AAC Element years ago before I knew better. It's a good can but the aluminum construction is annoying. It's really light and works great for pistols. Recently I decided I wanted another 22 can so I don't have to swap between guns so I shopped for a longer, fatter dedicated rifle can. I went with a TACSOL Axiom bc it is on the longer side at 6" and is made of titanium(body and baffles) and has a steel split-liner so you will never get the baffles stuck in the tube from crud. It also has great reviews for it's sound performance. It's 1" in diameter so on a .900" carbon barrel it wont blend in looking like part of the barrel. It'll look like there's a suppressor on the barrel.

For my NRL22 competition rifle I use a .45 cal Form 1 suppressor with steel baffles. I wanted to ensure I didn't have any accuracy loss from a .22 cal bore and I wanted to add 1lb to the front of my gun for balance. Plus it looks like a real suppressor on the end of a gun, whereas most 22 cans look weird on full size guns bc they're the same size as the barrel. Not a real consideration but I like the fact that the rifle looks like a full size rifle and can.

I looked at Thompson machine. They have a pretty wide selection of rimfire cans with some definitely being rifle cans and some being pistol cans. I'd suggest looking at their website before you decide.

I have a TBAC and griffin Optimus micro. The griffin is built like a tank. TBAC is lighter and my preference between the two. Easier to clean as well

Tacsol Aeris is a great little can that shines on longer barreled applications. Not the quietest on a pistol.

I have a Mask and TBAC 22 Takedown. My relative has a Sparrow.

Most people love the 22 suppressor they have, myself included. I'm not talking a slight favoring, I mean they think their 22 suppressor sounds the best. I was guilty of this with my Mask at first. When I got my TBAC I realized I had bought into the hype that the Dead Air Mask was the best. I like the Mask but the TBAC is quieter and lighter. Nothing wrong with the Mask, it is awesome, it just isn't as quiet as the TBAC. The Mask is considerably quieter than the Sparrow. I think most notably on the FRP. If you are going to get a 22 can get one that has minimal or no FRP.

I don't know if the TBAC is better than cans I haven't shot. So I am guilty of recommending the TBAC without knowing all the other cans that may be better. I do know the TBAC is slightly better than the Mask and way better than the Sparrow on everything I've used them on (Tikka T1x, Ruger Mark IV, Browning Buckmark, Rem 22 LR, Sig 522, S&W 15-22, Ruger 10/22)

I look forward to trying out some of the newer cans (ex. Otter Creek Labs Titanium 22.) Don't know when the TBAC was designed or even redesigned(if it ever was?). I'm thinking it is an older design so I am definitely interested in finding out if the newer cans are even quieter, which would be awesome.

Most people love the 22 suppressor they have, myself included. I'm not talking a slight favoring, I mean they think their 22 suppressor sounds the best. I was guilty of this with my Mask at first. When I got my TBAC I realized I had bought into the hype that the Dead Air Mask was the best. I like the Mask but the TBAC is quieter and lighter. Nothing wrong with the Mask, it is awesome, it just isn't as quiet as the TBAC. The Mask is considerably quieter than the Sparrow. I think most notably on the FRP. If you are going to get a 22 can get one that has minimal or no FRP.
    Same here. My Mask HD is a great can, and at the time I bought it (2020), it was touted by everyone pretty unanimously as “THE best rimfire can on the market”, but after buying my first TBAC 22TD, I realized it actually is quieter and lighter, with the same (virtually zero) FRP.

My only gripe with the TBAC, is I wish they had made the alignment notches a little more definitive (larger, positive, less wiggle-room). But I’m glad they etched the alignment line and the numbers on each baffle, that makes life much easier than guessing. Also, the first baffle is really close to the threads, so I have to run a spacer on my Ranger 22, but the spacer was only $7, so it’s not a big deal.

IMG_4034.jpeg
    IMG_7256.jpeg

Bought in this order starting in 2019

Sparrow (2)
    DA Mask
    TBAC
    EA NYX

currently in the que
    Q erector
    TBAC

all on different hosts and bought for different reasons and timing on what was available

happy with all

Bought in this order starting in 2019

Sparrow (2)
    DA Mask
    TBAC
    EA NYX

currently in the que
    Q erector
    TBAC

all on different hosts and bought for different reasons and timing on what was available

happy with all
    Why the erector ?

Looking at

Man, that one looks nice. All titanium so CLR is no problem. Back end is threadlocked on (I should just do that to my TBAC 22, yeah there’s a trick to unscrew it that sometimes doesn’t unscrew the end cap, but…btw the trick is to pull on it when unscrewing). Wrench flats. No spacer needed if your threads are centerfire spec ~.6” long vs ~.4” for rimfires (yeah, dumb gunsmith).

And funny writing on the product page. Lol good stuff.

Rugged Occulus, Otter Creek, TBAC, Dead Air Mask. Can't go wrong with any of them. The Occulus is modular giving you a long and short configuration. I run the short configuration on a .22 pistol and the long on .22 rifles.

I’m interested in the Q erector too. It’s crazy light weight and modular to adjust size for rifles, pistols, carry, etc….

I heard it has no FRP either….anyone have experience with it

Looking at

Pretty sure the OCL was designed with POI shift, and suppression in mind. So if you have multiple hosts, consider that.

IMG-0034.png

Hard to go wrong with 10-11 baffles in a 22 can. Andrew knows this. He was still big in the F1 game when a shit ton of 22lr testing went down. Cones, radials, single clip, double clip, 6 baffles, 12 baffles, you get the idea. A lot of that data still exists, if you cared enough 🤷‍♂️. Again, it's a 22lr can.