• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What 300 win mag dies to buy?

Six Feet Under

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2010
Midwest Ohio
Fellers,
I am having a 300 win mag built right now, it's alomost done and I need to get some dies. I have never reloaded for a win mag. I was wondering what dies you guys are using? And are you guys messing around with neck tension with the win mag? I was eye balling another set of redding comp dies.. Just seeing what you win mag shooters are using.. Thanks
SFU

I'm running the Redding Comp dies, not sure if I'm smart enough to use them! lol. But don't have many rounds made yet. Have the neck tension bushings on the way, haven't used them yet.

I use the Hornady dies because I shoot the 168 gr. sierra matchkings and they are long and thin. The seating die has a deep neck and never had a problem bottoming out like I did with the lee and rcbs dies. IMO

I have used redding competition dies with neck sizer bushings on the high price side and also lee collet dies which are very cheap and produce great rounds.

lee collet die , redding bodydie, and seater die of your choice. did the bushing die thing and the results just didn't make me happy,uniform
neck thickness will dictate concentricity, where as the lee die don't care and you wont need different bushings for each brass mfg.
and it's only a few dollars more then just a good bushing, dont let the cost fool you that 22$die works,my redding bushing die is real
lonely these days.
as far as neck tension i'm running .0025 with good results,on fed and win brass.

I use Redding dies, full length sizer every 3rd loading, and the neck only sizer the rest of the time, brass lasts longer. I seat with Redding Comp seater. Have used RCBS and Hornady dies in the past and they just collect dust on the shelf now. Redding is top notch.

The only things that made [make] any difference to my performance was the powder [3100] and the OAL[3.55]. Any and all brass and dies .In a Sendero.