• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What 338 suppressor to get now....

Jeffvn

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
So I have been waiting since May for my AAC Titan can; my 45 ACP Ti-Rant showed up in December. I knew the Ti-rant would take a while when I got in line to order it, but I was told the Titan was in stock when I ordered the darn thing. Since I live in Vegas and go to SHOT every year, I stop by the AAC booth to talk to someone who could give me some answers on when I might see the can. I get routed to the sales manager. I wait patiently for him to finish with the 2 guys in front of me, only to be told that they do not even have a production date for them yet. I ask him if he is serious, and says yes. I have clearly not been the first one asking this same question.

I'm not really an impatient guy, but this is unacceptable; so I am cancelling my order and getting my $$$ back. Who should I look at now? Surefire is the first one recommended by the Dealer I'm using. One of my good friends says to also look at Thunder Beast.... Anyone else that I should give serious consideration?

JeffVN

Re: What 338 suppressor to get now....

im in the same boat as you with AAC. I talked to Dale at Elite Iron and his cans are suppossed to work well, they're reasonably priced and they have a QD version available with brake $1100.00 retail

RayDog

My barrel has a thread-on Badger Break, that comes off in seconds, leaving a nicely prepared 3/4 x 24 attach point for a suppressor. If I go Surefire, I'll need to re-work the barrel contour to install the quick-release (which comes in 3/4 x 24 also)to fit, but then would be gtg.

If the thunder Beast attaches straight to the 3/4 x 24 threads on the barrel I'm not sure I would need the quick release. Will your quick release double as a break, like the Surefire does.

JeffVN

My new titanium 338 cans will be ready real soon 2-3 weeks

1.74 inches by 10 price is $1895

I don't take funds until tube is ready

I'm doing 75 of them

Shark is an excellent option as well as AWC Thunder Trap, and the TBAC 338P-1.

I have a Tigershark on my 300WM that is the tits. You would be shocked how quiet it makes the 300WM bolt gun.

I also own the TBAC 338P-1 and it is phenomenal on my PGW.

Have you considered going to the steel version of the Titan? I have one and it is a top performer as well. I like their Ti version but not for $3500.00 and an undetermined wait time is not going to work for me.

take a look again on the Titan MSRP, Ti with QD is only $1695.00

I have a Sure Fire. Very happy with it.

If I was to get a 338 can today, I would get a Thunderbeast or a Shark.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Olson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">take a look again on the Titan MSRP, Ti with QD is only $1695.00 </div></div>

You are wrong. That would be the steel version.

The Ti version with brake is MSRP of $3500

http://www.advancedarmament.com/product.aspx?pid=485

actually, we're both wrong, the QD Ti Titan is $1995.00 got the new catalog in my hot little hands. the screw on version is $1695.00

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Olson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">take a look again on the Titan MSRP, Ti with QD is only $1695.00 </div></div>

You are wrong. That would be the steel version.

The Ti version with brake is MSRP of $3500

http://www.advancedarmament.com/product.aspx?pid=485 </div></div>

Thats correct..1695.00 for the Steel Version Direct Thread, I have one, great can, a bit heavy.

Actually it doen't matter if they are free...I'm going with a new company. AAC has jerked me around way too long for me to buy another can from them.

JeffVN

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Olson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">actually, we're both wrong, the QD Ti Titan is $1995.00 got the new catalog in my hot little hands. the screw on version is $1695.00 </div></div>

I have sent an email to AAC and their top dealer, as I heard no price changes at SHOT and their website still reflects the $3500.00 price tag.

Edit - I got a text message back saying they did lower their prices on some models, thats awesome actually. I have always wanted a Ti Titan, now it may be on the list since they lowered the pricing on it. Their top dealer also told me will be selling the Ti Titan for less then their new price AND they are under construction right now. Their production slowed down to the civilian market due to a military contract on the new Remington rifles and Ashbury's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeffvn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually it doen't matter if they are free...I'm going with a new company. AAC has jerked me around way too long for me to buy another can from them.

JeffVN </div></div>
Jeff I would have to agree with your statement from my own personal experience.
I have three of their cans and have a Cycloke K ordered thru my dealer since <span style="font-weight: bold">November of 2009</span>...my dealer sells alot of AAC cans but can't seem to get this one in from AAC, they were at Shot and were gonn ask about this but honestly I'm not waiting any longer. There are better cans out there with better CS.
I couldn't be happier with the ones I have but enough is enough!

if there in production,then Im in. The 90 tooth brake/mount looks like it will work well

The QA Titans have dropped in price to about 2k. The thread on version now also in titanium is about 1700-1800. I have a bunch on order the thread on Titan is still in development. From what I have heard, there is only one in existence, the prototype. They didn't have it at SHOT to show off. The QA Titan was picked up my the Army for the new M24E-1 program and they have dedicated a whole production line only for that suppressor. They have to deliver 100 cans a month to the mil and whatever is left is what the dealers will get. I have quiet a few on order right now. We will see how long it will take them to deliver. It took them 9 months to deliver the 249SD's we ordered at the last SHOT show. That is also another impossible suppressor to get.

If I was to get a 338LM suppressor right now, I would probably go with a TBAC 33P-1 or a Shark. Even the guys at Barrett said the TBAC was the can to beat right now!

I would second the AWC Thundertrap. I know a lot of folks dis on them, but I absolutely love mine. I don't have the .338 version, I have the .30 version, but I can't imagine the .338 could be anything less. They sound great - GREAT! and are built like a tank. They have been in the game for a LONG time, and make a great product.

Also, look into SRT Arms. Doug makes a superb Shadow .338LM Ti can that is unbeatable, and priced very competitively. Also, when you call them, you get Doug. Owner, designer, builder, sales manager, shipper. If there's a breakdown in the chain somewhere (doubtful) you will get the guy who can address it with a direct answer. He is very patient, very helpful, and very accessible. He gives you a real date, and makes that date.

I have heard several times from my dealer that AAC will tell him straight up on the phone that they have a can ready to be shipped, even say they are holding it in their hands right then. Then three weeks goes by and he still doesnt have it, call them, and find out the form 3 never got sent and now they dont have any in stock.

As a dealer, if that happened to me once I would never deal with that company again, even if they make the best stuff out there. And thats the case, he wont do business with AAC unless a customer demands one of their products, and knows exactly how they do business.

Sounds like everybody in here is rich, but Ill throw out the YHM anyway, thats what Ill be getting here soon. I dont have the 338, but the 7.62 phantom sounds identical to every can Ive ever shot next to, their only downfall is weight. Sound Tech designed a stellar baffle system, thats whats so great about YHM is they dont have to do any R&D so they pass along those savings to us. I would have to assume the baffle design is the same for the 338 just scaled up.

Not to mention it is only $700 and some change msrp, and can be had cheaper, with a quick detach muzzle brake setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have heard several times from my dealer that AAC will tell him straight up on the phone that they have a can ready to be shipped, even say they are holding it in their hands right then. Then three weeks goes by and he still doesnt have it, call them, and find out the form 3 never got sent and now they dont have any in stock.

As a dealer, if that happened to me once I would never deal with that company again, even if they make the best stuff out there. And thats the case, he wont do business with AAC unless a customer demands one of their products, and knows exactly how they do business.
</div></div>

That was my experience with AAC on a Cyclone. My dealer was BS'ed so many times he even threw in the towel. Finally did receive and although it is a great product NO MAS AAC for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an AWC T-Trap in .338. Their new .338 in Titanium is awesome with the Brake Mount. Also Delta P Design has a new .338 SS Can that is less than 8" long. Check both of them out </div></div>

While I understand the lure of the shorter cans.... I would not skimp on a 338 can. I have a Delta P Brevis in 30cal. On a 18.5" barrel it is still not hearing safe, its actually painful. Being that I was going for a short overall rifle, I chose this can. Do I like it, sure it shines on 6.5 cals but on a shorty 30cal build.... not so much.

I can honestly say that I think an 8" can on a 338LM would really be painful. It might take some of the bark out but you will still be wearing muffs to shoot the rifle. Just my view on it.

Dave Im not talking about a 6.5 can on a 6.5 rifle.

I said the 30 cal can with 6.5 cal rifle was very quiet.
But the same 30cal can on a 308 was not that great on an 18.5" rifle.

I would be interested to see your review.

Im local to AWC, they do all my threading might as well check out their cans,,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Olson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im local to AWC, they do all my threading might as well check out their cans,, </div></div>

Tell Chris and Jeff I sent ya,lol

dale poling (elite iron) makes a great 338 can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C.K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dale poling (elite iron) makes a great 338 can. </div></div>

I saw his stuff and was duly impressed. His new bipods are quite nice as well.

The Elite Iron bipod is SICK! I saw it at SHOT and was very impressed with the setup. His cans are awesome. I actually ordered one from him while I was there. I live them a lot better ever since he phased out that hex nut shape on the back of the can.

My buddy just got one in for a customer, I took a look at it Friday, looks very nice. We compared it to a Tigershark, the weird part was we thought the eliteiron definitely felt lighter, but when on the scale the tigershark was actually .2lb lighter. Must be because the EI is slightly longer distributing the weight or something. Would like to hear one in action.

I have only shot the Titan and the 338p-1. I would go with the TBAC.

Dale and EI are the top of my list. Above all, customer service is top notch and they answer their phones. I have a 338 of his, and a TB and I always use his. He also has the covers in stock for his cans. Cheap investment ($50ish) to solve mirage problems and they dont slide back over the barrel while shooting. No other choice in my book. EI!

I'm sure looking forward to hearing the Thunderbeast 338 can in a couple weeks at Raton.

-David

Support the hide, buy a Shark Suppressor. Buddy of mine has a Shark 338 can and it's well built, modular, and scary quite!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nmmi9100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure looking forward to hearing the Thunderbeast 338 can in a couple weeks at Raton.

-David </div></div>

I have a 338P-1 on my PGW Twolf. They are top notch for the money. I rank them very high on my list of 338 cans. I am awaiting a Ti Titan and AWC Thunder Trap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nmmi9100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure looking forward to hearing the Thunderbeast 338 can in a couple weeks at Raton.

-David </div></div>

Am I supposed to be bringing a Lapua with me or did you talk to Zak?
I have the 338BA on my TRG right now and no load worked up for the new tube yet. I can bring it and some HSM just to hear if you want

I know i would be interested in hearing it, unfortunatly i dont have my rifle ready yet, so i wont be shooting maybe later in the spring

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 737SHARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My new titanium 338 cans will be ready real soon 2-3 weeks

1.74 inches by 10 price is $1895

I don't take funds until tube is ready

I'm doing 75 of them </div></div>

Slimmed down a bit, whats the weight?

-pd