• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s what a crock of dog poo

Re: what a crock of dog poo

Ok, so I take a quote like this:

"While it is impossible to know how many firearms are illegally trafficked into Mexico in a given year, over 20,000, or around 87 percent, of firearms seized by Mexican authorities and traced over the past 5 years originated in the United States," the GAO's Ford says in testimony prepared for a House subcommittee hearing on Thursday."

And after first checking to see if it's actually true (which I highly doubt, cause it's in the media) and then think that "how is this our problem"? For all the years which I've traveled to the U.S; I've only been stopped once on the way out, by the U.S.

So first and formost, is this not a primary issue (if its actually an issue) for the Mexican border patrol? Or their authorities/representatives/politicians? Oh, that's right, they've been paid off. Lets blame the inventor of paint, for childrens lead poisoning. Better yet, lets ban all paint pails. If there are no pails, there can be no paint, right? Co-sponsor this bill for me will you, if it saves just one life,,,,,,, blah blah blah.

(((stepping off my soapbox now,,,, I feel cleaner)))

=========================================================================

OK, that being said, I came back to add this: my own cold-hearted-bastard opinion is along the lines of "they made their bed over the years, and now they're sleeping in it". Corruption/payoffs/other illegal acts by the authorities of the country over the years are not going to have repercussions? Hello? This to me is the system 'flushing'. They created the situation, and the problem, and this is your/my/our problem how? I'm sorry for the 'innocent civilians' that are affected by this, but just as sorry for the innocents in any country around the world.

What we here in the US oughter do is give the illegals here a large amount of ammo and let them take it back to Messiko. They would get rich enough to stay there. If they do come back, don't let them in. Mebbe throw in a few guns too.
After the war ends there we could negotiate with whichever crooked gov is left. We do that all the time anyway.

Does Mexico have much of an arms industry itself?

Frankly it wouldn't surprise me at all that most firearms in Mexico originated from the US, given the size and scope of the American arms industry and its proximity to Mexico...

As Sean says, the real issue is border security (or lack of it) and the totally corrupt Mexican Government and associated law enforcement bodies...

I always see a LOT of HK derivatives down there (MP5's,91's, 93's, etc), are those all the German variety or are they making them under license like the Brits do?

According to the NRA, there is exactly ONE gun store in Mexico, and it's a gov. owned store in Mex City. Yeah, the siezed guns are from the US---they were sold to the Mex Army, and the currupt bastards sold them to the cartels!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xs hedspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to the NRA, there is exactly ONE gun store in Mexico, and it's a gov. owned store in Mex City. Yeah, <span style="text-decoration: underline">the siezed guns are from the US---they were sold to the Mex Army, and the currupt bastards sold them to the cartels!!!</span> </div></div>

Many are, but why is it whenever I read or hear these words I hear a sub rosa voice whispering, <span style="font-size: 8pt">forget, forget, forget....</span>