• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What a real sports hero looks like...

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
1631965666711.png

August 8, 1982. A line drive foul ball hits a four year old boy in the head at Fenway. Jim Rice realized in a flash that it would take EMTs too long to arrive and cut through the crowd. He sprang from the dugout and scooped up the boy. He laid the boy gently on the dugout floor, where the Red Sox medical team began to treat him.

When the boy arrived at the hospital 30 minutes later, doctors said, without a doubt that Jim's prompt actions saved the boy's life. Jim returned to the game in a blood-stained uniform.

After visiting the boy in the hospital, and realizing the family was of modest means, he stopped by the business office and instructed that the bill be sent to him.

This is what a sports Hero looks like!

Sirhr

View attachment 7705482

August 8, 1982. A line drive foul ball hits a four year old boy in the head at Fenway. Jim Rice realized in a flash that it would take EMTs too long to arrive and cut through the crowd. He sprang from the dugout and scooped up the boy. He laid the boy gently on the dugout floor, where the Red Sox medical team began to treat him.

When the boy arrived at the hospital 30 minutes later, doctors said, without a doubt that Jim's prompt actions saved the boy's life. Jim returned to the game in a blood-stained uniform.

After visiting the boy in the hospital, and realizing the family was of modest means, he stopped by the business office and instructed that the bill be sent to him.

Sirhr
Great seeing stories like this ! Class all the way 🍻

Can you imagine today's kneeling cunts doing anything remotely close to this in similar situations? Nope, me either.

Reactions: geek65
View attachment 7705482

Sirhr
I remember this happening...great story and a great role model...wish we had them today

Reactions: Sandhog308
I too remember watching this on TV. Without a doubt, Jim Rice is the picture of a what a good man looks like. Class Act. Shame we do not have more like him in all walks of life. Grew up following the Sox and suffered through a long dry spell. Mr. Rice and company came close and I truly enjoyed watching him play. After the BLM/Woke stuff started my wife and I canceled MLB on TV and have not watched since. It is a shame. I'm sure there are more like Mr. Rice but not many.