• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What a reasonable amount of time to wait for shipping before escalating?

goneballistic

Village Idiot
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2007
Utah
Bought something on the exchange on Sunday, still not shipped, not responding to PM's.

What's a reasonable amount of time before I start to escalate?

have they been online, did they have feed back? Did they say they’d ship on Monday?

I would escalate now. Better to be called annoying then to lose your money. Obviously, the details matter but when communications stops for 2 days, I would worry too.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
Things happen... I

I sent payment for something here last Thurs and didn't hear anything. They just pinged me yesterday that it shipped.

I was going to wait until probably Friday to ask for an update.

Nice scope!

He was looking at the latest content, so I'm sure he's seen this post.

my mistake, seller replied. Things get busy, totally get that. And I have sold stuff where I couldn't ship for several days (guns, cause they are a PITA to ship), but went kinda quiet, and I got nervous. I wasn't too worried, seller has great feedback, but I had a seller with great feedback on another site just completely disappear on me a couple years ago. So was starting to get a teeny bit nervous.

Hi,

Well it appears the seller has more than average number of sales with pretty good ratings, lol..but he was online 21 minutes ago

I am assuming this would be your most expensive scope and that might be why you are getting antsy...

Sincerely,
Theis

it is the most expensive scope, but that isn't the main reason. had it gone out monday, pickup was super easy, but I have to be out of town starting Friday, and my wife is also gone, so I'm trying to coordinate 1 of 2 college kids who live a couple hours away to make sure someone is here to pick it up when it comes. I don't want to leave that sitting on the front step for three days. Our porch piracy rates here are pretty low, but it happens.

Post office isn't quite as bad as before but expensive items definitely should go UPS.

people have been having problems with the post office, and I haven't had a single issue. Till this week.

have a scope mount that was sent almost two weeks ago via USPS, that's just stuck somewhere in Tennessee it looks like. Just sitting there. Hasn't moved in days.

USPS is a trainwreck. I'm hoping those get here eventually.

people have been having problems with the post office, and I haven't had a single issue. Till this week.

have a scope mount that was sent almost two weeks ago via USPS, that's just stuck somewhere in Tennessee it looks like. Just sitting there. Hasn't moved in days.

I've probably sent our about 40 packages in the last two months via USPS with no issues but they've all been 2 day priority. Late last year I had a scope sit for a month.

Maybe it depends on location, who knows.

I've probably sent our about 40 packages in the last two months via USPS with no issues but they've all been 2 day priority. Late last year I had a scope sit for a month.

Maybe it depends on location, who knows.
I do not want to hear a month... Oh no. That would suck

I do not want to hear a month... Oh no. That would suck
I bothered the fuck out of them like every few days which may help expedite things but more than likely whatever center is processing (probably says "in transit") is just back logged to hell. It sucks but I would keep calling, look up filing a claim (I believe it is 19 days for 2 day priority, but can't remember).

• Haha
Reactions: goneballistic

My nephew purchased some nuts and bolts from an ebay seller. They shipped USPS from Florida...then went to Puerto Rico...whaaa???

• Wow
Reactions: goneballistic

Unfortunately with usps if it gets "stuck" somewhere and there is no progress for days it usually means they lost it. I do not ship anything expensive by usps anymore. heh funny story I bought 5 25 pound bags of shot to reload 12 guage on fleabay. The guys sends them in flat rate boxes usps. He put 2 in each box the third box having a single bag. Lulz so 50 pounds per box. Box 1 shows up in a week this was a cross country trek. Its in good shape. Box 3 shows up in 2 weeks torn to shit the bag half hanging out. Box 2 with 2 bags got "stuck". Never showed up the guy on ebay was super cool and refunded for the portion lost . Usps anymore kind of sucks.

That is why i am constant contact with people I sell to. Pm when payment is in my hand, and shipped within a day or two. I will Pm tracking info so the seller isnt in the dark.

These shipping companies are all over the place. I've waited a few months to get one item. I've placed 2 different orders from one company within a week and the second order arrived before the first.

It’s only Wednesday.

I bought and paid for a $12000 item last August 2020. Finally received it January 2021. 5 months from order to delivery (no, not an NFA item).

Last edited:
It’s only Wednesday.

I bought and paid for a $12000 item last August 2020. Finally received it January 2020. 5 months from order to delivery (no, not an NFA item).
What are you complaining about you got it 8 months before you paid for it I would say thats great service :p