• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors what about a S&W 3913?

oldolds442

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2007
macon, ga
had one for a long time, and haven't had it out in a while. maybe i'll take it to the next gunshow and trade it for something. does anybody still carry or use them anymore?
100-0001_IMG_4.jpg

Re: what about a S&W 3913?

S&W discontinued their steel frame automatics a few years ago.

The 3913 has somewhat of a cult following; I suspect someone will want it.

Mine was a great off duty gun back in the mid90's, until others came along that were better. Still a great gun, but for the size, you can get twice the capacity now.

I bought one when they first came out since I was issued a 5906 at the time. I shot and carried it a lot and eventually bought a second and sometimes carried them both.
After we went to the M&Ps I sold off the second one. They are excellent concealed-carry pistols and both of mine worked very well.

I still run my 915 (cheaper model of the 5906) in many of the three gun matches I shot. It's a great handgun and I've own it since about 1991/2 and its the gun I shot the best with cuase I've run it so long. I also run my 1911 some at the three gun shoots but the 9mm is so much cheaper to run that it still makes more shoots than the 1911 or my G20. I think this would also be a good gun for a woman to start out with real similar to the lady smith.

I still carry mine, small reliable gun. But, the main reason I havn't traded it off. I have too much money tied up in holsters for it. Really hate to get rid of it, just for that reason.
blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldolds442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats the DAO version. dont think i would like that </div></div>

That's definitely the one I'd prefer if I were considering this handgun.

DA/SA sucks, and the safety switch adds width to the gun.

might be fine for just carrying, but if you are just going to shoot it for fun, forget the DAO. shot a sigma 40 one time. boy, it wasn't fun at all. that long stroke is tough on the old trigger finger after a few mags....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldolds442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">might be fine for just carrying, but if you are just going to shoot it for fun, forget the DAO. shot a sigma 40 one time. boy, it wasn't fun at all. that long stroke is tough on the old trigger finger after a few mags.... </div></div>

Sigma is not double action at all...so that is an apples to oranges comparison.

I have both a 3913 and the 39-2, and I ran a 6906 pretty much into the ground. The 3913 is a great summer carry piece, and I wouldn't worry for a second about the extra width of its ambidextrous safety. FWIW, at least a few Federal IGs that I know of were issuing them in the 90s, so they may yet come onto the market as "shot little, carried a lot" surplus treasures. Probably the best aftermarket accessory is a Hogue rubber grip panel set