• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What action to drop in XLR Element

FLCaptain

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2023
Florida
New to long range. Acquired an XLR Element chassis for Remington short action in a trade looking for suggestions on an action to drop in. A coworker suggested a Begara B14. Is there a better option for under $1k for action, barrel, and trigger. Currently only have access to 200 yards without driving a couple hours. Not planning on competing just shooting groups and and hunting hogs.

under $1k? not really other than tikka which wouldn't fit anyways

i'd recommend a 223...but hogs so idk

do you have the scope already too?

If buying new, probably not.
Buying used, maybe you can find a factory action someones put an aftermarket barrel on that has some life left and got bored of.

under $1k? not really other than tikka which wouldn't fit anyways

i'd recommend a 223...but hogs so idk

do you have the scope already too?
Looking for R700 footprint since I already have the chassis, so the Tikka is out. I have the chassis, glass, and rings.

Notice this one listed on accurateshooter.com
F6BE110E-214E-4653-86E2-1DC00313629E.png

Reactions: FLCaptain
New to long range. Acquired an XLR Element chassis for Remington short action in a trade looking for suggestions on an action to drop in. A coworker suggested a Begara B14. Is there a better option for under $1k for action, barrel, and trigger. Currently only have access to 200 yards without driving a couple hours. Not planning on competing just shooting groups and and hunting hogs.
I had one of mine in a Bergara Premier.

check the for sale section of the forum. There can sometimes be good finds to be had.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLCaptain