• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What aftermarket stocks for a Savage Model 10-TR?

Nutro

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 15, 2011
Austin, Texas
I FRIGGIN' KNEW this would happen. I've only had the rifle for 2 days and I'm already looking to mod it. I've been reading and it seems, because the bottom bolt release, my options for an aftermarket stock are limited? I'd love a McMillan M5 but I don't have $800.

Are there any nice $300-$500 stocks that will work?

Dicks Sporting Goods will have Remington S/A 700s for 400.00 on black Friday.
Buy one and send it to Long Rifles Inc ...the Chad Dixon guy.
Chamber it in 6.5 Creedmoor
Put it in a skim bedded Mcree and don't look back.

I FRIGGIN' KNEW this would happen. I've only had the rifle for 2 days and I'm already looking to mod it. I've been reading and it seems, because the bottom bolt release, my options for an aftermarket stock are limited? I'd love a McMillan M5 but I don't have $800.

Are there any nice $300-$500 stocks that will work?

Until Bell & Carlson starts making stocks for DBM Savages (don't hold your breath) you're pretty much stuck with ordering a Manners, McMillan or Stockade and waiting.

Stocky's has a couple MCS-Ts for $499 and T2s for $555 in stock right now that might work for ya...

XLR chassis works for the bottom bolt release Savage. Give Kyle a call. A little more than your budget but worth it.

XLR chassis works for the bottom bolt release Savage. Give Kyle a call. A little more than your budget but worth it.

Oh man thanks but I am not a fan of those stocks at all. I'm sure they are awesome for competition etc but not for me.

I'm actually liking the Manners MCS T2A