• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing What all do you put on your barrels?

SSC

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I am about to purchase the Marking Methods system and trying to think out all the different stencils I would like. Obviously put all my info on one side but what all to include on the the other.

1. how many guys put the reamer name (Bisely, Palma, Tactical Match, SAAMI Match...)?
2 How many put nk sizes?
3. How many put FB
4. barrel maker
5. barrel twist

What am I missing?

Re: What all do you put on your barrels?

I would put the reamer name if their might be an issue with the weapon feeding factory ammo , as in a shorter throat like the Palma95 when it might be a tight fit with say factory loaded rounds with heavier bullets , if if the chamber has a tight neck.

Ive always marked the bottom on the barrel out of site with the make and twist

The chambering is good enough for me. The twist rate would probably be ok as well.

seen on side: FUBAR-OPS .308WIN Builders mark

bottom unseen: KRIEGER SS 1/11 REM VARMINT .625X24TPI

This how I'd like my barrels done. I could live with just the caliber.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am about to purchase the Marking Methods system and trying to think out all the different stencils I would like. Obviously put all my info on one side but what all to include on the the other.

1. how many guys put the reamer name (Bisely, Palma, Tactical Match, SAAMI Match...)?
2 How many put nk sizes?
3. How many put FB
4. barrel maker
5. barrel twist

What am I missing?

</div></div>

Could probably make some money just putting 5R on factory guns,lol. Heck I'd have it done

That sounds pricy to have all those stencils, Why not do your info and caliber on the barrel then have the rest of the info (barrel maker, twist, ect) on an invoice or spec sheet for the customer?