• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What am i doing wrong, Atlas CAL wont lock

flyfisher117

Professional Milk Jug Hunter
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
Idaho
Atlas Cal Gen 2.

Purchased from a verified Atlas dealer.

I can not get the bipod to lock or even really tension. If I tighten the lever down the bipod will tension pretty well but even just the slightest pressure left/right on my pistol grip will cant the rifle and the bipod will be loose. Requiring me to reach back up and tighten it down again.

Is this normal? Is there an adjustment I need to make? My issue is the bipod will loosen itself over the course of 5 or 6 shots and lose all tension.

Mine does the same thing. I have an older model that locks tight, however, my new one feels loose even when I crank on the lever.

Update- take the lock handle off. Underneath is a 7/16" nut with a nylon lock washer. Tighten that up until the cant is snug while behind the rifle, without the lock handle on. Then put the lock handle back on and you can truly "lock" it down. Feels just like my old one now.

Update- take the lock handle off. Underneath is a 7/16" nut with a nylon lock washer. Tighten that up until the cant is snug while behind the rifle, without the lock handle on. Then put the lock handle back on and you can truly "lock" it down. Feels just like my old one now.
Yep
That’s the preload nut.
I adjusted my cal and scal.

Thanks I'll give that a try and see how it does tomorrow.

Glad I’m not the only one with this issue. Mine also doesn’t lock up as tight as expected. Will be trying this after work tomorrow as well!

Reactions: flyfisher117
Gave that little nylock nut about a 1/4 turn of extra tension and everything seems to be working well. Guess it will take a few range sessions to make sure it stays that way.

Thanks again everybody.