• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship What am I doing wrong?

krink85

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2008
Sierra Vista AZ
First off I want to plug Pheonix Tactical Pod Claws. Awesome piece of gear. Second is the Online Training that LL and his crew provides. 10 bucks gets you "personal training".

On to my problem. I went to the range yesterday to pratice what has been taught. I saw vast improvement in my shooting. After a warm up at 100 with some groups and then a dot drill, I moved to 200. 200 is the longest range I have found in my area. While I was shooting decent, my groups showed "fliers" in every group. That is my problem. The shoots are 1-1.3 inches to sometimes touching shots. I dont know if they are on my first, second, or third shot and they arent "flying" in the same place. 3 are diagonal in 3 different directions of their group and one is to the 3 o'clock position.

Thanks for reading and your input.

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Diaganol to me indicates flinching if it's not the rifle warming up and touching somewhere..

Just a wild guess tho....that's what I do if I flinch tho....like last weekend after not shooting a year...

Could also be too relaxed on the rifle?