• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What am I missing with negative combs?

Rodder

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2021
Ontario
Mcmillan, Mesa Precision and I'm sure a few other companies have put out negative comb stocked rifles recently. It's advertised as a benefit yet I can't wrap my head around how this would be better than a high parallel comb. What am I missing here?

Recoil management a negative comb when recoiling back has less perceived feeling as the negative comb transfers that recoil away from the cheek bone. A flat comb is pretty much equal through the recoil pulse, a stock that has a higher comb than hell would be a positive comb, this would transfer recoil right into your cheek increasing the perceived recoil.

Mcmillan, Mesa Precision and I'm sure a few other companies have put out negative comb stocked rifles recently. It's advertised as a benefit yet I can't wrap my head around how this would be better than a high parallel comb. What am I missing here?
Gunwerks has been using this design since 2013 in our rifle designs, one of the more significant benefits as well as the less perceived recoil is that you can have the buttstock much higher in the rear to get more shoulder contact that is inline with the bore so your rifle will stay flatter during recoil. we have this same feature in all of our rifle stock designs today.