• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what am i seeing on this 10/22??

Re: what am i seeing on this 10/22??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">reminded me of the biathalon guns ive seen. </div></div>
Its just that in a 10/22 platform. Toggle action. Will be under $300.00 for complete action/receiver with bolt.

I am continually impressed by the innovative products based on the 10/22. Anyone here planning on adding one of these to the collection? I am interested in how they function.

Kind of seems silly to me... Why make a semi auto rifle a single shot?

I can see it the other way, but not this way. And I can see some busted up knucles or something if that lever is flopping around, and a lot of undo stress on the parts.

It's not a Ruger receiver.
It's not a single shot.
The receiver is dimensionally the same as a 10/22, it uses all of the triggers, magazines, stocks, and barrels marketed for 10/22s, but it's a straight pull bolt action.

Now, you can get a CZ, Savage, Anschutz 64, even, cheaper than this will build up, but you can change barrels with 2 screws, and you have a flush 10 round magazine.

And the .22 Mag version (you KNOW it's planned) will give real potential to those who like/nee the cartridge.

You'll be able to tune a KID trigger lighter than would be safe with a bolt rattling around.

It does have the potential to render an all American Biathlon rifle.

Yes, this has a lot of potential. Not any other bolt rimfires that will have the number of aftermarket options as this. Let's hope the receiver and bolt are on par with the high end 10/22 copys.

If SPDGG is correct about the price point I will definitely be checking one of these out when they become available. I have a great affinity for the Izmash Biathlon Basic rifles and would love to see something similar in an American made, serviceable, and upgradeable package, which this appears to be.

Curious as to whether anyone at SHOT got a chance to see these, and what your impressions were.

I got to play with it. Pretty smooth. The head guy there said the entire point was to be able to shoot quieter while suppressed.

think of all the stuff made for 10/22's, stocks, mags, ect. and being able to put it onto a straight-pull rifle.

Now for those of you in the US it seems pointless, however looking from my point of view, here in oz where all semi-automatic weapons are heavily restricted, its actually rather good.
I can have all the fun you guys do, tricking out 10/22's, without having to buy 50,000 acres and become a farmer just to qualify for a C-Class licence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAKO8551</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got to play with it. Pretty smooth. The head guy there said the entire point was to be able to shoot quieter while suppressed. </div></div> That's exactly the direction I'm looking to take one in, and the vast amount of aftermarket parts available on the high end is another big draw for me. Accuracy is my biggest consideration, so I'm hoping this gets that last bit the 10/22 was missing being a blowback.

I've never used a toggle bolt style action, but I'm definitely intrigued by it. Does anyone know of any significant drawbacks to one in comparison to a standard bolt action?

having never used a biathlon type action before it was very fast and intuitive. can easy keep your eye behind the scope when cycling.

No lie, I'm freaking stoked for this.

Especially since i have a spare trigger group that isnt polymer, laying around

Mako, thanks.

I'm looking for something different that I will be able to easily swap back and forth stocks for myself and for my kids as I start teaching them, and this looks like the ticket.

On rimfirecentral they're saying it will be available in April time frame and they're modifying the bolt handle so it will be able to be manipulated while maintaining grip placement too.

Hello toggle action and itegrally supressed barrel! I can't wait! I have a stock and trigger group ready to go when these come out.