• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing What anti-seize are you all running?

SilentStalkr

Wonna Be Badass
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2012
    Somewhere in the US
    I used to have a tube of copper anti-seize and I have no idea what happened to it. Probably loaned it to someone at the range and never got it back. This is the stuff I’ve always used. And I have some new suppressors I want to use and that sent me on a mission to find some more and believe it or not, copper or nickel anti seize is like trying to find unobtainium here locally. So, I picked up a tube of loctite lb 8060 silver grade anti-seize. However, after doing a little reading on it and seeing how it causes severe eye and skin burns I’m thinking that it may not be the best stuff to run on a gun and be breathing all those vapors. What do you all think? Have you used this stuff before? Any Ill effects from it? It has a pretty high heat rating but I’m still concerned with the burn off.

I spent 25 years putting together engines and ARP Ultra Torque is the pick of any of the thread lubes in my opinion. You can buy it on e-bay but any decent engine shop would have sleeves of it lying around everywhere, ARP supply it with every set of bolts/Studs they sell. It does a great job on bolt lugs to prevent galling as well.
    1583874580066.png

Reactions: Speed
    I use the Loctite nonmetallic 8023. Read about it on some forum might have even been this one. There was some reason behind it I forget now but at the time it made perfect sense. (Not much help I know)

I used to have a tube of copper anti-seize and I have no idea what happened to it. Probably loaned it to someone at the range and never got it back. This is the stuff I’ve always used. And I have some new suppressors I want to use and that sent me on a mission to find some more and believe it or not, copper or nickel anti seize is like trying to find unobtainium here locally. So, I picked up a tube of loctite lb 8060 silver grade anti-seize. However, after doing a little reading on it and seeing how it causes severe eye and skin burns I’m thinking that it may not be the best stuff to run on a gun and be breathing all those vapors. What do you all think? Have you used this stuff before? Any Ill effects from it? It has a pretty high heat rating but I’m still concerned with the burn off.
    Try NAPA. I've never been to a store that didn't have it in.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    I use Aeroshell 33 too... Bought a container of it years ago, still have more than 3/4 of it left.

I always manage to get it on my damn face... Every time.