• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are some cheap gun related items that pleasantly surprised you?

pk5333

can't hit the broad side of a barn
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2021
Northeast Ohio, USA
What are some relatively cheap or lower priced items that pleasantly surprised you?

For me it's the Taurus G3C. nice little gun for $230.

Magpul Glock mags. Tough to beat for about $11.

Warne mounts also a good bang for the buck.

Kind of applicable to Holosun optics, 507c, 407c, 510c, all work really well for me, but then again I expected them to based on reviews and trying them out on other people's guns.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Lots of gimmicky firearm stuff out there but one item comes to mind that I actually like are Diamond speedsights for pistols.

The sight is physically a little larger than other pistol sights and the top of the sight is Diamond ♦️ shaped and my eye picks them up faster than traditional sights.

I believe they use more tritium in the tubes because they are very bright compared to others.

They work for me. They are a small company and you can only buy them direct they don’t sell to retailers.

Found a Hunter brand leather holster on the bargain table at JoeBobs the other day.
Original marked price $100, bargain price $24.99.
Made for a Springfield XD 45 but fits my Glock 19 perfectly.
It's this one...

Ergo “gapper”

135C0070-990B-4E61-A456-C21267A41C3B.jpeg

Reactions: AMGtuned
PSA drop in 3.5 lb trigger . I’ll be fucked raw if it ain’t doom then and consistent with a very short reset . On sale at times as low as $69 .
A combat piece of gear ; idk but it’s a damn sight better than any trigger on any long gun ever issued me- for what that’s worth

A Uramax .22 MP5 clone for $300. Kids love it, scouts love it, and cheap to shoot

Reactions: gotbull
Putting a dab of red fingernail polish on the front sight of my S&W model 10 is the cheapest trick I ever used that brought my focus back and improved my shooting of a handgun, after that it’s dry fire practice. And after that I just buy shit if I need it.

most of my pistol die sets are LEE, also like the hand held press.
If you NEED a roll crimp or rifle crimp die the LEE are the best out there IMO.

Had issues with buckled .38/.357 cases with a Dillon crimp die, the LEE was flawless. Who the F trims revolver brass...

Probably the Taurus tx22, I’m not a Taurus fan but I’ll be damned if it is isn’t the most reliable 22 I have.
^^^ This. Have the TX22 and the GX4 has proven to be a great little tackle box gun.

Last edited:
Toolcrafts bcgs, lee turret press and dies for everything other than serious precision shooting, primary arms scopes(hate the reticles but glasd and turrets are nice for the money on the glx,

It's amazing how versatile a cheap laser pointer is for getting your shots on the paper before live rounds. Works great for crossbows too.

This is actually a pretty cool thread idea.

- The Vortex Diamondback Tactical actually really surprised me. I was not expecting much but I actually really like the scope. Bought one originally for my .223 and now one lives also on a 10/22.

- Magpul Hunter is actually a pretty awesome stock for the price.

Hoptic Bullet Quiver - LongBow quiver on my 6.5 CM setup is beyond cool for like $70. Good cheap fun and built like a brick shit house.

Wish I needed another one just to support Hoptic.

VooDoo

A Wilcox Raptar-S LRF with Applied Ballistics and provides a Disturbed Reticle through the lens to the shooter, coupled with an equally cheap Trijicon UTC-Xii thermal clipon are probably the best bang-for-the-buck add-ons anyone can make to their Poverty Pony.

I just sold that set super-cheap in the PX a week or two ago.