• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are the best adjustable scope rings for 34mm scopes?

goneballistic

Village Idiot
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2007
Utah
Got a new rifle and scope combo, AIAT with an Athlon Cronus scope. Got it zeroed and I have a full turn of "down" adjustment under the turret.

one of the negative parts of the Cronus reticle is it doesn't extend clear to the edge of the glass. My leupold reticle goes all the way to the edge, so I can dial 30 Mil and hold another 20'ish.

I would like to get some adjustable rings to get that 10MIL back.

It looks like the Burris XTR adjustable rings might do the trick, are there better ones?

I’m just curious, what are your shooting with a short action that you need to dial 30 mils for?

ARC M-10 mount with 30 moa built in.
I run a 45moa rail with my Cronus and can easily zero at 100 still.

10 mils is ~30moa base
or rail with 30moa cant

are you looking for adjustable, eg era tac?
to run it on zero-cant day to day?
or just looking for 30moa canted rail/rings?

I’m just curious, what are your shooting with a short action that you need to dial 30 mils for?

well, good question. sometimes we are trying to hit stuff out a bit farther with the .260, 2000 yards. Not that we're good at it, but it doesn't stop us from trying!

it's also a rough form of zero stop, right now it's in it's middle turn so I have to use the zero stop, but if I can use rings to get it into the bottom turn, I can just dial down to the bottom and know I'm at or near zero.

10 mils is ~30moa base
or rail with 30moa cant

are you looking for adjustable, eg era tac?
to run it on zero-cant day to day?
or just looking for 30moa canted rail/rings?
I basically need 10 more MIL of cant. I have what I think is a 20MOA rail, I could also try and find a 30MOA rail, but it's for an AI, so I will need to take out a mortgage.

well, good question. sometimes we are trying to hit stuff out a bit farther with the .260, 2000 yards. Not that we're good at it, but it doesn't stop us from trying!

it's also a rough form of zero stop, right now it's in it's middle turn so I have to use the zero stop, but if I can use rings to get it into the bottom turn, I can just dial down to the bottom and know I'm at or near zero.
Ok, good, you’ve thought this out.

You’re not one of those idiots who ask to try and max out while having never ran the ballistics and not realizing they only needed 4 mils to get to 600 yards lol

I’d go with the Burris adjustable insert rings or get a canted unimount.

Reactions: stello1001
I basically need 10 more MIL of cant. I have what I think is a 20MOA rail, I could also try and find a 30MOA rail, but it's for an AI, so I will need to take out a mortgage.
They have a couple 20-30moa rails here and only like $120-140, they maybe able to hook you up if you call and ask around.

Reactions: goneballistic
nightforce a540 wedge prism? Give you an extra 100 MOA that is removable without the complexity of adjustable rings.

I bought a pair of Burris XTR Signature 34mm rings in both heights when I purchased a PMII 5-25 a couple of years ago. These rings were a new product at the time but I had used the Signature Z Rings in the past. The new rings come only in two heights which are one inch and one and a half inch.

These rings will give you 5-40MOA increase in elevation. The top ring caps are a six screw design so they take up some real estate on the tube. There is also a variance in the cant if the rings are closer together. The instructions specify this variance. Unlike the old ZRings the rings are US made and use a different clamping system than the old rings. Both are currently in use. The one inch height are on a T1X with the PMII which has a 56MM objective. The one and a half inch is on a older Genesco Armalite M15T with a EOTECH Zulu 5-25X50. Both combinations leave about .2" clearance above the barrel/handguard with scope caps.

I think these will allow you to achieve exactly what you want. I looked at pics. of the current AT and the legacy AT and saw nothing would indicate they would not fit your needs. BTW, I use rosin when installing these on both the tube and the upper and lower ring. A complaint I have read is that the inserts will rotate as you tighten the ring cap. The rosin will help prevent this.

Added: I've been hanging around here for about eleven years. When I first got hear a mantra was spend as much on your optic as you spend on your rifle. I of course figured that was nuts. My, how things change.

Last edited:
Reactions: goneballistic
Ok, good, you’ve thought this out.

You’re not one of those idiots who ask to try and max out while having never ran the ballistics and not realizing they only needed 4 mils to get to 600 yards lol

I’d go with the Burris adjustable insert rings or get a canted unimount.
I'm still kind of an idiot though, to be honest. But I try.

Since it's on the AI, I charge barrels sometimes, and setting the zero stop is kind of a pain in the neck. I have 3 different barrels and the zeros are fairly close, but not exact.

Without the zero stop set, I can switch barrels, rezero, then just reset the turret cap to zero, which is easy.

But messing with those itty bitty zero stop screws under the cap, is a pain.