• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are the chances?

Re: What are the chances?

Depends if it was an actual muzzleloader or a black powder cartridge rifle.

It's possible though, pure stroke of bad luck

Who would think to make sure a muzzle loader is unloaded - how strange...

Yeah, it's probably possible....the pure bad luck of it though, is without compare.

That said, once again we have a douchebag dumbfuck with a gun....from what I gather reading the article the dude fired the rifle into the air, to unload it, so he could clean it.

Um, hello, anybody home in that empty head....dirt bank backstop maybe?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She is survived by her father, 10 brothers and sisters, 26 nieces and nephews and two grandparents.</div></div>

Are you kidding me? Reasons exactly like this, are why the world cant fucking sustain itself.

God, and I thought it was terrible here in mormon country...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She is survived by her father, 10 brothers and sisters, 26 nieces and nephews and two grandparents.</div></div>

Are you kidding me? Reasons exactly like this, are why the world cant fucking sustain itself.

</div></div>

How about taking a deep breath and rethinking this idiotic post?

The possible avenues for excoriating your unbelievable and disgraceful leap of scorn are innumerable.

In fact, people like you are the reason the world MAY be unsustainable for if you really mean what you wrote then you sir are an asshole and there clearly are way too many of you.

Sad story, but I really don't think what Alderleet said was that bad. This country, world, etc. is overpopulated, and it is only getting worst. Having children for 'sport' is foolish, and illogical; especially when the environment is concerned. We don't need MORE people, we need BETTER people.

clowncar.jpg

What a horrible tragedy. May she rest in peace.

Oh and some of you guys are dicks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sad story, but I really don't think what Alderleet said was that bad. This country, world, etc. is overpopulated, and it is only getting worst. Having children for 'sport' is foolish, and illogical; especially when the environment is concerned. We don't need MORE people, we need BETTER people.

clowncar.jpg
</div></div>

You must not have read the article. It said she was coming home from an employee party which would indicate she had a job and was a contributing member of society. Maybe your parents are the ones that should have practiced birth control.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We don't need MORE people, we need <span style="font-weight: bold">BETTER</span> people.
</div></div>

Funny, cause that seems like exactly what the "Mormons" are trying to do. One child at a time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh and some of you guys are dicks.</div></div>

Coming from yourself, I consider that a compliment. Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You must not have read the article. It said she was coming home from an employee party which would indicate she had a job and was a contributing member of society. Maybe your parents are the ones that should have practiced birth control.</div></div>

I never criticized this woman in anyway, so I don't understand why you are so horned up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, cause that seems like exactly what the "Mormons" are trying to do. One child at a time.</div></div>

The number of siblings you have does not make you a better person.

My post was directed solely at individuals who feel the need to have a litter's worth of children. Nothing more.

Bad deal all around. Not sure why someone thought it necessary to fire a gun randomly up into the air. Guess I've done it a few times with a .22....not really random though. Crosshairs were on a squirrel's face.

Bad bad deal. I've known a few Amish guys in the area. Good people. Hard work ethic (the ones I've known). If they want to have 50 kids, and they can sustain them on their own without federal or state assistance, have at it.

The case of Amish or the Duggers having lots of kids is a lot different than your run of the mill welfare queen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She is survived by her father, 10 brothers and sisters, 26 nieces and nephews and two grandparents.</div></div>

</div></div>

Slow down there Isaias Afewerki, what makes you think the world can't sustain itself? Sounds like you've been hitt'n the Koolaide a little hard this holiday. Do you really have a problem with a family choosing to do what it wants?

For my money, you can't want for things such as the freedom to bear arms for example, while wishing control on another group such as parents who wish to have multiple children, it creates a double standard.

1.5 mile head shot on a moving target... not good.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45736817/ns/us_news/#.TvIaxjU7WAg

15-year-old Amish girl driving a horse-drawn buggy shot in the head at 1.5 miles

this dumb ass just won the lotto of bad luck...

FREDERICKSBURG, Ohio –– An Ohio sheriff says a man cleaning his muzzle-loading rifle accidentally shot and killed a 15-year-old Amish girl driving a horse-drawn buggy more than a mile away.
Holmes County Sheriff Timothy Zimmerly said Tuesday that the accident occurred Thursday night when a man fired his loaded rifle to clean it. He says the victim, Rachel Yoder of Fredericksburg, was nearly 1.5 miles away when she was shot in the head.
No charges have been filed.
Yoder was shot while traveling to her home in adjacent Wayne County, between Columbus and Akron. She was riding alone after attending a Christmas party for employees, most under 18 years old, who work at an Amish produce farm.

Re: 1.5 mile head shot on a moving target... not good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
No charges have been filed. ......</div></div>

I am quite certain that Ohio has some type of "Criminal Recklessness with a Firearm" statute.

Based solely on the facts of the article it would definitely seem that this was criminal negligence.

"Be sure of your target and what lies BEYOND"

In almost every case when I see an "accidental/negligent shooting" there was a serious lack of application of the fundamental safety rules.

Being somewhat educated and knd of old, and also from a family with a long history of farming, I thought I would give my .02 on these large Amish families. First, the Amish beliefs forbid them from using most modern conveniences, including motorized vehicles and equipment (there are exceptions). Second, this means that in order to accomplish the task of farming, many more man hours are needed to perform the same task that a modern day farmer can do with modern day farming equipment. Third to have the man hours needed for the task, you have to have the men. To get the men at an affordable rate, the Amish farmer uses family members and neighbors. Fourth, it is more cost effective for the Amish farmer to have a large family (workforce) than to use help from neighbors.
If you go back about 3 or 4 decades and look at the size of farm families, you will see that most of them are rather large. Families with 10 kids or more were more the norm than the exception. As kids grow up and move on the farmer has to replace that worker. His solution was to keep new workers in training and in his workforce,by having more kids for workers. Both my mother and father came from farm families, and both were large, with 8 or more kids in the family.
As far as sustainability of such large families go, they are more sustainable than some family of 4 that lives in a big city, because that large farm family grows their own food for themselves and that family in the city.
Oh, one more point. If you look at the modern farmer, his family size on average is the same as the family of 4 in the big city. To cover his workforce needs, he has to hire outside labor when he needs it. Ever wonder why there are so many aliens in the country now, and not 40 years ago?

I am not a wise man, however, I find it hard to believe that a muzzle loader would have the capability of reaching out 1.5 miles and hit at terminal velocity to kill someone.
I would like to see the ballistic report on this one.
Call me skeptical on this one.
Regards, FM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, cause that seems like exactly what the "Mormons" are trying to do. One child at a time.</div></div>

The number of siblings you have does not make you a better person.
</div></div>

My comment was in reference to raising <span style="font-weight: bold">Better</span> children, nothing to do with quantities. I agree, the number of siblings has nothing to do with it. The quality of upbringing and time with an honest, loving family is what makes good people.

Anyone knocking the size of an Amish family has no damn clue about the Amish, and for the record, the deceased girl's family is rather small by Amish standards.

They raise large families for the survival of their livelihood, which is usually farming, ie, manpower. You will find smaller families of Amish in connection with other trades, such as cabinet/furnature makers, sawmills, saddle shops, and cobblers.

They take care of themselves doing business amongst themselves and with the English(us). They will NOT take charity in the form of government handouts and social programs. They do however, occasionally go to town and spend their cash in English businesses.