• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are your favorite 7.62x51 /.308 semi autos

Blueknight99

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2019
Wanted to started a thread to share our favorite semi autos in .308/7.62x51.

- Has to be .308/7.62x51
- Semi-auto
- Under $3-3.5k (limiting to this price to keep the ultra high priced unobtaniums out of the purview of this discussion)
- Fun to shoot :)

I’ll start. FN Scar 17s and the CZ BR .308 (not available yet in the US) are my favorites at the moment.

Last edited:
Why the price ceiling?

To keep the ultra high priced and custom ones out of the purview of this discussion. There is always a super high end of version of most of the guns 308 semi autos included.

Depends upon what your needs might be.

Battle rifle? SCAR17, KAC ECC/ACC, or LMT MWS.

Precision rifle? JP SLR-07, GAP10, or KAC SR25 LR.

For those of you who said M14, I think they are a little over the price point of the OP's set amount.
A 'REAL' M14 would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $20,000

Reactions: sea2summit
OP said semi auto. Some receiver manufacturers Mark them M 14 some mark them M1A

Troll, OP did not ask for better or best options. He ask for our favorite 7.62 Semi Auto.
You are an ass clown in the pit. You post nothing useful here. Now go back to your mom’s basement.

for long range semi, i like the Scar 20S.

K&M M17s 308. .308 bullpups (that work) are tons of fun.

Troll, OP did not ask for better or best options. He ask for our favorite 7.62 Semi Auto.
You are an ass clown in the pit. You post nothing useful here. Now go back to your mom’s basement.

I was serious about it, but I was expecting an answer like you served with one in Berlin or you just like them at the range.

I will stick to the SR25.

I was serious about it, but I was expecting an answer like you served with one in Berlin or you just like them at the range.

I will stick to the SR25.

I had several of the SR25 complete deployment kits. Suppressor, spare parts, rifle, scope and mount mags pelican case cleaning kit etc.
Cool system. Reasonably accurate, unreasonably heavy. Not my favorite so I did not list as such. Also does not meet OP’s budget.

The OP's thread turned out to be a train wreck so I left it at that. My bad

I just don't understand why folks get so defensive over the M14. It is undeniably a flawed, antiquated and compromised design that has been left to history by more modern weapon systems. It is what it is.

They have wonderful sights and can be fun to shoot, though. So, if we ignore everything else about them, especially the maintenance part, then I guess they are still relevant.

Keep in mind nothing about relevance was ask. Only “your favorite”.

PWS MK216. not the lightest, not the most accurate, not the more durable but pretty damn near the top of most categories. throw on a nicer barrel and a good trigger goes a long way towards upping the accuracy side.

i would like to shoot an SR25. until then, i will take this guy's word for which is better.

Reactions: Blueknight99
E663C966-2905-4810-B082-60E8A2A46025.jpeg

Reactions: Jsp556
AR-10. ArmaLite has a flat-top upper with a Lothar Walther 24" stainless steel barrel. White Oak tuned trigger seals the deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: GhostFace
This small frame zev would be cool if they made it in a 14.5 or 16 inch barrel.

Sorry idk how to imbed links yet

ETA: oh it did it automatically. This is a much nicer website than Arfcom. Kudos to the designer.

i would like to shoot an SR25. until then, i will take this guy's word for which is better.

Interesting thread this one, thanks for sharing. The guy did a lot of analysis.

Thanks for sharing guys. Also, just want to point out - We are sharing our “favorite” and “fun to shoot” rifles and not comparing or looking down on anything.

Have fun and be safe !

So for the SR25 you can, if lucky, find a used ACC/CC/APC/PC for below 4K, but expect a used ECC to go for 5-6K easily. KAC guns hold their value very well. You're getting an extremely reliable platform with a familiar manual of arms.

But since you can get a 20s for 3600-3800, it might be more attractive. I think they are super cool looking guns, the one I got to shoot was super fun as well, had no issues shooting out to 600 with crap range ammo.

I personally like the SR25's more, the older MK11's are such good looking weapon systems, even though the newest generation are much better performing and reliable.
I would still not hesitate to get a 20s or an LMT MWS though.

Reactions: theLBC
So for the SR25 you can, if lucky, find a used ACC/CC/APC/PC for below 4K, but expect a used ECC to go for 5-6K easily. KAC guns hold their value very well. You're getting an extremely reliable platform with a familiar manual of arms.

But since you can get a 20s for 3600-3800, it might be more attractive. I think they are super cool looking guns, the one I got to shoot was super fun as well, had no issues shooting out to 600 with crap range ammo.

I personally like the SR25's more, the older MK11's are such good looking weapon systems, even though the newest generation are much better performing and reliable.
I would still not hesitate to get a 20s or an LMT MWS though.

you might be able to get one for $3200 with a coupon code.