• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What bag/case for the range

Deano

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2009
So. California
What do you use for taking your rifle to the range, a hard case or a soft? Which brand? Thinking of getting something new and was wondering what others use?

Re: What bag/case for the range

TAB cover for your stick, and a T.H.E. Pack for the rest!

Look at the eagle industries equipment......more expensive but when you buy cheap, you buy TWICE!!!

i use 5.11 bag the single 50" its long and work really good, i actually got 4 rifles on it; a bit heavy.

eberlestock operator bag= 1 pack to travel with. or if you want a smaller proflie an eagle drag bag can hold your rifle and a lot of other stuff and then maybe a small pack for the rest.

I tried the Pelican but its too much hassle to get into the rig and out and use in the field. Soft case to include a drag bag I was always laying rifle down to remove it, then back in. I tried a TAB Rifle cover, nothing like it, have one for each of my rifles now. Carry handle or sling it over the shoulder and with bipod, slide it on or off and rifle is easy to manage. I went one step further. Here is a picture of the latest sewn up by Tony @ TAB. What it does not show is my TAB shooting wrapped around barrel and bean bag strapped to the butt stock. The only kit missing from a one grab run out the door is my spotting scope and targets with stand. The options are limitless how Tony stitched it up.
010.jpg

In use at the range. This is my routine, grab rifle, out the door, throw into rig, pull rifle out of rig, carry / shoulder to get to where ever, pull TAB mat off barrel while rifle still carried or slung, thrown mat on ground, lay rifle in shooting position, get behind rifle, pull rifle cover off and place under rifle, ready. I have made a few changes since I took this picture but everything I need is within reach from behind the rifle and can slap mags in without ever leaving position, eyes in the scope.
006.jpg

Was looking at the TAC-FORCE Stryker Mat Sys any opinions on this. I like the idea of having the mat/bag combo.

In the market for a bag or case. The only thing I am worried about is the scope in a soft case during transit.

Sweet fucking Christ...How about - novel idea - whatever works for you.

I use an Eberlestock.
Wil uses an Eagle drag bag.
Jimmy uses an Eagle mat/case thing.
Lurch uses a Pelican.

There is no right fucking answer.

From house to the range? How about the cheapest darned thing that'll hold the rifle? Hell, for my range queens I even use NcStar...