• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing What barrel company?

wolf6151

Private
Minuteman
May 22, 2011
Pearland, Tx.
I'm looking to buy a barrel for a Sako AV action that I currently own and am wanting to know if anyone knows of a quality company that has good barrel prices or a Group Buy that might be going on right now? Any and all advice on finding a barrel is appreciated. Thanks.

Any of the big name companies can provide you a great barrel, Shilen Hart, PacNor, Lilja, Rock, etc. and all have hard core followers. I'd worry about how long it will take to get one, select the correct twist for the intended use, and find a great smith to install it.

Any of the big name companies can provide you a great barrel, Shilen Hart, PacNor, Lilja, Rock, etc. and all have hard core followers. I'd worry about how long it will take to get one, select the correct twist for the intended use, and find a great smith to install it.

Agree - to that list of names I'd add Krieger, Bartlein, Broughton and Brux.

Find the exact barrel you want(ie length, contour, twist...) then figure out which company can get it to you the fastest of the above mentioned barrel companies and buy from them.

Call thebarrelman, he is outta the dfw. Deals with shilen barrels and a couple other companies i believe. Good prices and not too long of a wait