• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What barrel do I need?

jbuck88

Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2010
Port Angeles, WA
Let me preface by saying I tried to search and reach out to Seekins. I'm waiting to hear back from them, but hoping someone here will point me in the right direction.

As part of WA's impending legislation I've decided to pick up another large frame AR. I was really looking for a 308win since I have a good pile of brass and bullets sitting around I wouldn't worry about losing or abusing. However the shelves are pretty bare and I had to settle for a new Seekins SP10 in 6.5cm.

So what do I need to swap the 6.5cm barrel to a 308win barrel?

I have zero interest in a semi 6.5cm. From what I can find it will take a dpms style barrel? Also who makes a good, decent prices barrel? From reading it looks like Proof Research barrels might drop in, but hoping not to spend $900

Reactions: Arsenal10
It says out of stock. BUT I bought a 6.5cm Sp10 last week. I just want to swap barrels for a 308win barrel now. Wondering what barrel I need.

Check out Craddock Precision. It's just a barrel swap.

Reactions: moosemeat
Craddock. Instantly fixed my mk12 rifle.

1655476097275.jpg

You could ck out JSE Surplus , they have 18" Odin Works barrels with an adjustable gas block. About $400 shipped. They will shoot.

I’ve tried quite a few large frame barrels and can add a little insight on options:

Ballistic Advantage Modern Series 18” .308
- ok, shot around 1.2-1.5 MOA

Ballistic Advantage 20” bull barrel .308
- returned because bolt would close on NO-GO and Field gauge. Took a refund and stopped using BA barrels

Fulton Armory Criterion 24-inch .308 Win
- barrel shot well, usually MOA or better. I’m kinda annoyed with Fulton Armory though because he wouldnt sell me anything directly because I live in IL. Very odd.

Craddock 20-inch Bartlein in .308
- out of the box, hammered with match ammo and a few of my reloads shot 1/2 MOA or better. Took this barrel out to about 750 yards no problem. 1 odd note about this barrel is that it developed carbon ring issues

Proof Research Stainless 24-inch 6.5 Creedmoor
- Accuracy out of the box was excellent. Shot 1/2 MOA right out of the gate with a random load I picked (140gr ELD / 41.7gr H4350). I did however have cycling issues and found that my gas port needed to be enlarged.

For less than $500 I think Proof stainless barrel is a solid option. The Craddock is great too, but will be around $700 or so with a couple months wait. As far as Ballistic Advantage barrels, I personally won't use them again for anything where I want a precision focus.

Last edited: