• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes what base to use for ATACR?

Wally Pinkerton

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2014
What MOA base are you using to get the most adjustment out of your ATACR. Looking to keep as much elevation as possible after a 100 yard zero.

40 MOA base, it leaves me 18 moa down adjustment and 110 elevation up, this is with it set at a 100yd zero, hope this helps.

Wally, my error, I also put on a set of Barrett EX- rings set @ 20 MOA for a total of 60 MOA. My error was in a hurry to get out the door. :eek:

Does this scope have less travel than the NXS? I have a NF 20 moa base on my rig and get to 100 easily with the NXS and a 308.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know 120 claimed for the ATACR but take it and run it all the way down gently towards the end and count up until it stops and let us know how many moa you come up with. Mine has 128 from top to bottom, my NSX 8x32-56 says 65, without forcing goes to 68 moa. One of my Burris says 65 moa but goes up to 68 without forcing it. Haven't checked the others. I'll probably never use the 100+ up elevation adjustment, but at least I know it's there. Might need to mount it on a cannon some day?:)

I haven't purchased the ATACR yet. Hopefully this weekend (depends on if I can get permission or if I need to pray for forgiveness). My 8x32 NXS has 66MOA. With the little amount of research I've done everyone seems to say 120 is fairly conservative and 125+ is more likely.