• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What bipod is used in the AT308 marketing material?

cynologist

Private
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2022
Virginia, USA
The AT308 has a slot for a front-mounted bipod. The documentation for the AT308 just refers to it as an "Accuracy International Model" bipod, but AI doesn't seem to sell any bipods in their store or through their distributors, and with Google I can't find any that seem to fit either.

The product page for the rifle is here. I have an AT308 with a Harris bipod, but I like the one in the photos and thought I might get one to at least try out.

i was just on another thread about the bipod

i had one imported a few years ago-pre covid

nothing special, not worth it

the attachment/frame is sturdy like a atlas, that part is nice

but the rest is "harris like"

i have it to round out the "kit" but i never use it

if you want to buy it just to try thats on thing but nothing special

I've had 2, they were both junk.
See video below, the piece of bent metal that locked into the leg notches was thin and flimsy, and as you can see, doesn't work well. nothing like having your rifle bipod collapse to minimum height mid way through a serial in a competition. The replacement, was the same. Shame as it had other aspects i liked.

Reactions: brianf
and the feet are shaped like wheels, and spin like wheels, hence on hard surfaces they act like wheels.

Reactions: strikeeagle1
and the feet are shaped like wheels, and spin like wheels, hence on hard surfaces they act like wheels.
i didnt mind the fee spin, i can see where that is useful with small movements or panning because its not a pan head

but they spin because its not a great piece of kit not because of design, most likely because tripods are becoming so integrated and universal the 9" bipod is going away unless on a square range