• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What boots are these?

FatBoy

After 20 years, going anonymous..
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2001
TN
Anyone know what these boots are? They look a lot like old jungles but they have a leather rand and appear to have some padding.

IMG_4770.jpeg

They look green to me, with smooth leather but they may just be well worn and lighting. I see they make a set in Sage as well.

Anyone use these? Impressions as compared to something like Asolo Fugitives?

I have purchased two pair of these one for me and one for stepson:
But I wanted the gortex liner. Great boots, price has gone up $40 since I purchased but still a good deal. Vibram sole material lasts a good long time.
They were a cheaper replacement for my hunting boot for the last 25 years or so:

FYI if you want you can buy the same thing minus the toe and heal covers here...
:)

Last edited:
Just know that the USMC Rat HOTs (hot weather- no insulation) are super wide and roomy compared to the regular Rat models- because Danner foolishly didn't reduce the volume of the boot when they designed the HOT version- so they fit big and sloppy, even if you drop a half or full size.

My other Danners fit really well- hence my frustration with the crappy fit of the Rat Hots.

Reactions: Faronth and FatBoy
Just know that the USMC Rat HOTs (hot weather- no insulation) are super wide and roomy compared to the regular Rat models- because Danner foolishly didn't reduce the volume of the boot when they designed the HOT version- so they fit big and sloppy, even if you drop a half or full size.

My other Danners fit really well- hence my frustration with the crappy fit of the Rat Hots.
Hmm, I may need to look into these since I have an 8-1/2 F foot. It sux having to buy custom boots because nothing fits.

Bummer, only $150 difference from my Whites and Nicks custom boots, and out of stock in my size. I will keep it in the pocket as an alternative though.

Last edited: