• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What bottom metal for my stock ?

KG7YUO

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 15, 2022
    Arizona
    I bought a HS stock on another forum and a Bergara b14r .22lr barreled action from a member here. I just realized my stock doesn't have any bottom metal.
    My first thought was to get a magpul kit because they are inexpensive , anyone know if it'll fit. I don't mind doing some minor fitting myself or if needed or drop off at a gunsmith.
    This is the stock I have

MDT M5 and have a Gun Smith fit it with the provided pillars. 100% worth its cost.

You have a stock for a BDL Bottom metal. You need a M5 bottom metal for the AICS style magazines the B14r uses.

Why would you drill out the aluminum chassis to put aluminum pillars back in?

Fitting/clearancing the bottom metal....sure.

But why remove aluminum just to add it back in?
    It MIGHT not have the aluminum chassis in there. A Gun Smith could verify that. OP could verify with pictures. It's just a suggestion.

He bought it second hand and guessed as to which stock it was. I agree HS Precision says full bedding block, but who knows.

Reactions: KG7YUO
    Thanks for the input, it does have aluminum bedding. I guess best thing to do is take it to my gunsmith and let them fit the bottom metal or sell this stock and just go with a chassis setup.