• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What box to 'click' or whatever?

Sean the Nailer

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Mb.
    On another thread, in another room, the post shows up like this:

Got your thinking cap on?

If not go get it.

This is how you do range math Check it out.

There is 91.44 meters to every 100 yards. So if I wanted to do the math in my head its simple.

I take the <span style="font-weight: bold">9</span> from the <span style="font-weight: bold">9</span>1.44 as a constant.

I go <span style="font-weight: bold">2</span> "<span style="font-weight: bold">2</span>00yds" x 9 = 18 move the last 0 in 10<span style="font-weight: bold">0</span> to the end of the 18 and get 180meters

This is very close and will still get a hit on target. the difference between 90 and 91.44 is not much.

Here are some more yards to meter range math:

<span style="font-weight: bold">2</span> "<span style="font-weight: bold">2</span>00yds" x 9 = 18 move the last 0 in 20<span style="font-weight: bold">0</span> to the end of 18 and get 180meters

<span style="font-weight: bold">3</span> "<span style="font-weight: bold">3</span>00yds" x 9 = 27 move the last 0 in 30<span style="font-weight: bold">0</span> to the end of 27 and get 270meters

<span style="font-weight: bold">4</span> "<span style="font-weight: bold">4</span>00yds" x 9 = 36 move the last 0 in 40<span style="font-weight: bold">0</span> to the end of 36 and get 360meters

<span style="font-weight: bold">5</span> "<span style="font-weight: bold">5</span>00yds" x 9 = 45 move the last 0 in 50<span style="font-weight: bold">0</span> to the end of 45 and get 450meters

<span style="font-weight: bold">6</span> "<span style="font-weight: bold">6</span>00yds" x 9 = 54 move the last 0 in 60<span style="font-weight: bold">0</span> to the end of 54 and get 540meters

So on it goes

going from meters to yards is the same game just a different direction.

What you do is go with the same 9 from the <span style="font-weight: bold">9</span>1.44

I take the <span style="font-weight: bold">2</span> "<span style="font-weight: bold">2</span>00meters" x 9 = 18 drop the two 00 in 2<span style="font-weight: bold">00</span> and insert the 18 for 218yds

Now lets look at the same distances just in meters

<span style="font-weight: bold">3</span> "<span style="font-weight: bold">3</span>00 meters" x 9 = 27 drop the two 00 in 3<span style="font-weight: bold">00</span> and insert the 27 for 327yds

<span style="font-weight: bold">4</span> "<span style="font-weight: bold">4</span>00 meters" x 9 = 36 drop the two 00 in 4<span style="font-weight: bold">00</span> and insert the 36 for 436yds

<span style="font-weight: bold">5</span> "<span style="font-weight: bold">5</span>00 meters" x 9 = 45 drop the two 00 in 5<span style="font-weight: bold">00</span> and insert the 45 for 545yds

<span style="font-weight: bold">6</span> "<span style="font-weight: bold">6</span>00 meters" x 9 = 54 drop the two 00 in 6<span style="font-weight: bold">00</span> and insert the 54 for 654yds

Granted you are off by 1 or 2 yards but it gets hits anyhow

So on it goes

Think I am nuts? Look here and do the conversion ---> <span style="font-weight: bold">LINK</span>

type in 100 and pick your conversion.

John

---- Now, I'm going to assume that there's nothing wrong with the post, but something is amiss with how I've things set up in/on my computer and or website preferences. The thing is, I haven't a clue what is wrong, so I therefore haven't a clue as to where to look or what to look for.

Anyone able and willing to chime in here, and say what is wrong, so I can learn things gooder? :D

---- Now, I'm going to assume that there's nothing wrong with the post, but something is amiss with how I've things set up in/on my computer and or website preferences. The thing is, I haven't a clue what is wrong, so I therefore haven't a clue as to where to look or what to look for.

Anyone able and willing to chime in here, and say what is wrong, so I can learn things gooder? :D

Seems very convoluted for what I learned.
    100 meters = 110 yards
    500 meters = 550 yards
    ect...
    When you get to 800 to 1k add 20.
    While not dead nuts it will deliver hits.

R

are asking about why the post is all jacked and showing a bunch of gobbily gook? or are we talking about his methodology? just want to reply with the correct sarcasm.

I'm asking about how to make my screen show the thread as it was intended to be shown, WITHOUT all the 'gobbledygook' as you describe it.

So that the math lesson is actually legible and comprehensive. As it is, it appears to be run through an encryption program that needs to be decoded before it is able to be decyphered. (see what I did there?) I'm not saying that this is a problem with the site. I'm pretty sure it is an issue on my end, and something that needs to be 'clicked' or 'unclicked' somewhere. I just don't know what, or where. Also, could be similar, or could be totally different, but often there are people's posts that are totally blank. I can only assume that there's a picture that isn't showing up on my end.

Same/Same, or "something completely different"? (enter Monty Python)

I'm asking about how to make my screen show the thread as it was intended to be shown, WITHOUT all the 'gobbledygook' as you describe it.

So that the math lesson is actually legible and comprehensive. As it is, it appears to be run through an encryption program that needs to be decoded before it is able to be decyphered. (see what I did there?) I'm not saying that this is a problem with the site. I'm pretty sure it is an issue on my end, and something that needs to be 'clicked' or 'unclicked' somewhere. I just don't know what, or where. Also, could be similar, or could be totally different, but often there are people's posts that are totally blank. I can only assume that there's a picture that isn't showing up on my end.

Same/Same, or "something completely different"? (enter Monty Python)

I’ve noticed that issue on a lot of threads. No doubt it is due to the data transfer from the old site. Not sure it can be fixed.

It isn't gobbledigook, it's the actual coding that the site used to allow you to use to structure a post. Call it the language of web browsers.

Hyper-text markup language (HTML): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML

Cascading Style Sheets (CSS): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascading_Style_Sheets

There are web sites that will let you copy and paste such coding to get a better idea of how it might be seen as normal text:

jKomD1t.png

It isn't gobbledigook, it's the actual coding that the site used to allow you to use to structure a post. Call it the language of web browsers.

Hyper-text markup language (HTML): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML

Cascading Style Sheets (CSS): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascading_Style_Sheets

There are web sites that will let you copy and paste such coding to get a better idea of how it might be seen as normal text:

jKomD1t.png

I knew that. I was trying to not be technical. But thanks for those links.

[Corrected for grammar and punctuation.]

Got your thinking cap on? If not, go get it. This is how you do range math. Check it out.

There is are 91.44 meters to every 100 yards. So, if I wanted to do the math in my head, it's simple.

I take the 9 from the 91.44 as a constant. I go 2 "200yds" x 9 = 18, move the last 0 in 100 to the end of the 18 and get 180 meters.

This is very close and will still get a hit on target.The difference between 90 and 91.44 is not much.

Here are is some more yards to meter range math:

2 "200yds" x 9 = 18, move the last 0 in 200 to the end of 18 and get 180meters

3 "300yds" x 9 = 27, move the last 0 in 300 to the end of 27 and get 270meters

4 "400yds" x 9 = 36, move the last 0 in 400 to the end of 36 and get 360meters

5 "500yds" x 9 = 45, move the last 0 in 500 to the end of 45 and get 450meters

6 "600yds" x 9 = 54, move the last 0 in 600 to the end of 54 and get 540meters

So on it goes. Going from meters to yards is the same game, just a different direction.

What you do is go with the same 9 from the 91.44. I take the 2 "200meters" x 9 = 18, drop the two 00 in 200, and insert the 18 for 218yds,

Now let's look at the same distances, just in meters:

3 "300 meters" x 9 = 27, drop the two 00 in 300, and insert the 27 for 327yds

4 "400 meters" x 9 = 36, drop the two 00 in 400 and insert the 36 for 436yds

5 "500 meters" x 9 = 45, drop the two 00 in 500 and insert the 45 for 545yds

6 "600 meters" x 9 = 54, drop the two 00 in 600 and insert the 54 for 654yds

Granted, you are off by 1 or 2 yards, but it gets hits.

Anyhow, so on it goes. Think I am nuts? Look here and do the conversion ---> LINK.

Type in 100, and pick your conversion.

[Sorry, Sean, but Mr. Veer can't recover the link for you.]

The problem is, you're copying the HTML off the other site and this board software isn't interpreting it.

I get it, you get it, others get it, but at "magic box" levels it's hard to explain how code can or can't be parsed in a new forum environment according to s/w peculiarities.

Mr. Veer, thank you for the decoding of the microfilm, as I do appreciate that. But, the issue at hand, is what do I have to click-or unclick or whatever, on my end, so that it/they/all show up on my monitor "properly"? I use that term, because of my perspective. I'm sure some geekologist is going to come out and say "but that IS proper" (see what I did there?)

I'm asking for what I can do, to make things show up in Humanese. NOT Hunanese, as I have a preference for Canton. :D

All joking aside, I think what you're getting at is that it is an issue with 'old site/new site' information transfer and a lack of compatibility, right? I was thinking something was wrong on my end.

Mr. Veer, thank you for the decoding of the microfilm, as I do appreciate that. But, the issue at hand, is what do I have to click-or unclick or whatever, on my end, so that it/they/all show up on my monitor "properly"? I use that term, because of my perspective. I'm sure some geekologist is going to come out and say "but that IS proper" (see what I did there?)

I'm asking for what I can do, to make things show up in Humanese. NOT Hunanese, as I have a preference for Canton. :D

All joking aside, I think what you're getting at is that it is an issue with 'old site/new site' information transfer and a lack of compatibility, right? I was thinking something was wrong on my end.

It’s all over the site same thing happened when we brought data over to scout.

Perhaps, for once, it isn't you. Isn't that a special feeling?