• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What can I check out while in Florida around precision rifle

LongRange888

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 6, 2017
    New York
    Head down to Florida. What is there to check out while there? Manufactures, Smiths, gun shops etc

Gulf Coast Precision, not really a walk in shop but if you call the number and need anything he will let you in. Has a small pro shop inside. This is in Venice, not sure where you will be. Super nice guy and tons of knowledge.

Haha I’m starting out in st Augustine then Orlando then vero beach. After that I have a few days to go wherever.

Casa Reina in St Augustine is a great spot for fresh lime margaritas and great Mexican food. The Fort there is pretty cool to check out too. The amphitheater is great too and you can catch some good concerts there.

Can’t help you on Vero Beach but I’d suggest driving right past Orlando on I4 to Tampa. Orlando sucks unless you want to pay $150 to go walk around a park to hear a bunch of screaming kids and eat a turkey leg.

Tampa area is awesome, especially if you go west of the beach and basically go St Pete Beach and up. Clearwater is a massive tourist trap. Frenchys restaurant is sediment but you can go to the one in Dunedin and avoid all the teenage tiktokers running around everywhere. If you make it up to Tarpon Springs go to Rusty Bellies if you want the best seafood you’ll ever eat.

Or bring your rifle and go hang out at JTAC with @Mike Casselton

Casa Reina in St Augustine is a great spot for fresh lime margaritas and great Mexican food. The Fort there is pretty cool to check out too. The amphitheater is great too and you can catch some good concerts there.

Can’t help you on Vero Beach but I’d suggest driving right past Orlando on I4 to Tampa. Orlando sucks unless you want to pay $150 to go walk around a park to hear a bunch of screaming kids and eat a turkey leg.

Tampa area is awesome, especially if you go west of the beach and basically go St Pete Beach and up. Clearwater is a massive tourist trap. Frenchys restaurant is sediment but you can go to the one in Dunedin and avoid all the teenage tiktokers running around everywhere. If you make it up to Tarpon Springs go to Rusty Bellies if you want the best seafood you’ll ever eat.

Or bring your rifle and go hang out at JTAC with @Mike Casselton
    Huh?

I've always considered Florida as the STD ridden penis of the United States and Tampa as one of the larger herpes sores.

Either I've been approaching trips to FL all wrong or you're batshit crazy. I'm genuinely curious.

Where else am I gonna get a gum job from a toothless hooker for a tall boy of natty ice and a pack of marlboros?
    Those are available in lots of places. You probably have an easier chance of finding it in more places in FL

• Haha
    Reactions: vinniedelpino
    If your in the panhandle, Altus has their range and a small pro shop near Baker, I live in the panhandle and I am about 2 hours from Altus and about an hour form the Colesium in the edge of Georgia.

Reactions: LongRange888
    Huh?

I've always considered Florida as the STD ridden penis of the United States and Tampa as one of the larger herpes sores.

Either I've been approaching trips to FL all wrong or you're batshit crazy. I'm genuinely curious.
    It's horrible I'd recommend never going to FL. It's all true just a nightmare. Save yourself and your family the headache you will hate it even more in person!

Reactions: Feesh
    Jay @ On The Mark Tactical and Joe Walls’ shop is just north of St Augustine in Jacksonville. It’s crazy how a little shop can produce so much stuff.

I went there yesterday just to shoot the bull with Jay The next thing I know I was whipping out the card and walked out with a 19 inch 6.5 bartlein carbon barrel for a future build.

Reactions: LongRange888
    From Orlando to Vero beach you can take a detour to Titusville and visit Knights Armament - not sure if they have a public shop or anything but if they do that would be top on my list.

There's a bounty on Burmese Python's that are taking over the everglades, always fun to head down to wrestle some large snakes ;)

From Orlando to Vero beach you can take a detour to Titusville and visit Knights Armament - not sure if they have a public shop or anything but if they do that would be top on my list.

There's a bounty on Burmese Python's that are taking over the everglades, always fun to head down to wrestle some large snakes ;)
    Have you done that?? I gotta tell ya if there is one critter on the planet that just makes me cringe it's snakes. Pan back to Raiders of the Lost Ark ' - 'snakes. why did it have to be snakes'. On the old hunting lease we had massive timber rattlers and pygmies.....let's just say I never opened a gate w/o my snake boots on.

Have you done that?? I gotta tell ya if there is one critter on the planet that just makes me cringe it's snakes. Pan back to Raiders of the Lost Ark ' - 'snakes. why did it have to be snakes'.
    I haven't done the Python hunt yet (it's on my bucket list to do with my daughter), but I love snakes, when I was a teenager my friends called me "nature boy" because I was always out and about finding and catching some critter - mostly snakes and lizards.
    On the old hunting lease we had massive timber rattlers and pygmies.....let's just say I never opened a gate w/o my snake boots on.
    I've ran into a few rattlers when out hiking and such (west coast), would love to run into a big Eastern diamondback now that I'm out east, but they're pretty rare so it's almost like winning the lottery.

Fuck sneks
    Burn them all
    If you're on this forum, you ought to love em' ;)

1673449901404.png

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
    I’d love to shoot at jtac but seems you have to qualify and it’s only once a month. Any other open ranges down there.

There is a place in Orlando can't recall the name, but I do believe they have a drop in setup. Daggummit name escapes me....heard good things about them. Ares maybe?

got it>>

Last edited:
    Have you done that?? I gotta tell ya if there is one critter on the planet that just makes me cringe it's snakes. Pan back to Raiders of the Lost Ark ' - 'snakes. why did it have to be snakes'. On the old hunting lease we had massive timber rattlers and pygmies.....let's just say I never opened a gate w/o my snake boots on.

And someone thought I was nuts for wearing flip flops and shorts out there...

And someone thought I was nuts for wearing flip flops and shorts out there...

I’d love to shoot at jtac but seems you have to qualify and it’s only once a month. Any other open ranges down there.

A guest doesn't have to qualify. They are the responsibility of the member...

BT aiming for Wednesday.....I'll do that same.....he's stuck coming back from Dallas at present. You good for Weds?

Modern Day Sniper crew has class at Altus right now and will be at Volusia County range for two more classes in early Feb.

While not exactly precision rifles oriented, Randall made knives is in Orlando and has a museum you can visit along with the shop.

Last edited:
    Kel-tec is in Cocoa, not sure if they do tours, whatever happened to tradecraft in Immokalee?

edit*
    Neverming has a new name https://swflrange.com/

has a 2 mile gun range❤️😍
    They have range to put targets out to 2 miles on special occasions. The regular long range has steel out to 1200M and they are talking about clearing out to 1 mile and setting up steel there but we will see.