• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What cerakote color to match Bighorn DLC coated action?

Chargerguy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2017
Can anyone please help me in what cerakote color to go with to match my action? I tried using the search function and had one hit for Armor black. Benchmark is ready to spin up my barrel and I just wanted to verify as I thought Graphite black was the way to go.

Appreciate the help!

Another vote for Graphite Black at the 18:1 mix ratio if you are using H series. The DLC has a sheen to it that the Graphite Black matches well. I used it on the exposed metal of my Proof Barrel and it matches up with the DLC’d Mausingfield, they look like they have the same finish.

Edit: One last detail, I always flash cure at 180F before doing the final cure. If you go straight to a 300F cure the sheen of the end product will be a little different.

Another vote for Graphite Black at the 18:1 mix ratio if you are using H series. The DLC has a sheen to it that the Graphite Black matches well. I used it on the exposed metal of my Proof Barrel and it matches up with the DLC’d Mausingfield, they look like they have the same finish.

Edit: One last detail, I always flash cure at 180F before doing the final cure. If you go straight to a 300F cure the sheen of the end product will be a little different.

Great, thanks. I passed that info on.