• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing What Cerakote color to match stock?

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
Whats the best cerakote color to paint my barrel and metal? I have a Mcmillan A-5 Desert Camo stock. I was thinking of the Coyote tan. I was wondering what color to paint my muzzle brake( Badger FTE). Paint it coyote tan with everything else or black?
If anyone has any pics they could send me i would appreciate it. Thanks

Re: What Cerakote color to match stock?

I'd go Coyote tan. If you have it done with C-series, you can make your own custom color by mixing coyote tan with... anything you want.
I'd do the brake the same color as the rest of the rifle. But I'd do something a little different than just coyote tan. Like 95% Coyote Tan and 5% Military black to darken it, or anything you can think of.

Have fun!

good idea for the paint on the brake . I didnt even think of that! Definetly going to go with something like that.
thanks!

This is tan...

IMG_0622.jpg

I want a USO.....

oh and I dunno if you got what I meant but I didnt mean Id make the brake a different color, I just meant I make the entire rifle one custom color. Probably a tad darker than Coyote Tan.

have to come up with how much a tad is by trial.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlfw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is tan...

IMG_0622.jpg
</div></div>

Love those colors! and paint that scope!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
and paint that scope!!! </div></div>

-I was guna say that...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want a USO.....
</div></div>

I've got one for sale, and its already cerakoted.........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlfw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is tan...
</div></div>

That looks nice, matches the stock well. I did my rifle in Brownell's Coyote and it matches the stock well, but it matches the greener shades.....down the line I may have Keith cerakote mine tan if I don's sell/trade the USO