• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What Chassis/Stock will work?

Cfave

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2020
I am working on a build and have determined what I want to get down to the Chassis/Stock. I am going with a Terminus Zeus QD short action. I primarily will be shooting 6.5cm at the range/hunting in PA. I am going on an Elk hunt and will be switching barrels and bolt to 300WSM. Since the Zeus does not have feed rails, I will need an internal box mag or detachable mag. I have made a decision on all the parts except the Chassis/stock. I have been looking at the MDT XRS, AG composite Alpine Hunter adjustable, the Greyboe ridgeback and the KRG Bravo. I am leaning towards the KRG pro because of its weight, price and accessories but my question is? do you need a bottle metal (M5BDL) for these stocks or are they built in?

Also, with the difference in the COAL of the two calibers will there be an issue with any of those stocks?

Ive reached out to Joel at Terminus and confirmed the info about the feed rails as well as the option to do both calibers.

The xrs and bravo are chassis rifles so they have an aics compatable mag well built into them, there is no “bottom metal” to be had for them. You can’t make them a bdl, aics/aw mags only.

The grayboe and ag will require bottom metal and could accommodate a bdl or dbm depending on what you have the stocks bottom metal inlet cut for.

Both the wsm and creed will work in a short action.

The xrs and bravo are chassis rifles so they have an aics compatable mag well built into them, there is no “bottom metal” to be had for them. You can’t make them a bdl, aics/aw mags only.

The grayboe and ag will require bottom metal and could accommodate a bdl or dbm depending on what you have the stocks bottom metal inlet cut for.

Both the wsm and creed will work in a short action.
Thanks, from your experience, what chassis would you get if you were building a bench/hunting rifle? Most of the time I will be deer hunting in PA but will be heading out west for elk hunting and will be tracking the elk

A bench hunting rifle is an oxymoron. Id build two rifles.

But I like the xrs.
Ok it will probably be more of a hunter but, I have access to a few thousand acres to shoot so I will be doing some long range with it there. Nothing PRC comp type of shooting.

You can get a Bravo that will be a compromise but if you are going to be carrying your rifle for very long in the mountains you will find out real quick that ounces equal pounds and so forth. I have a precision rifle for long range and a hunting rifle, my hunting rifle is not light at 12lbs but it beats 19 pounds when you have to carry it for awhile.

Reactions: YotaEer
The MDT XRS and the KRG Bravo do not need bottom metals like a normal stock would. Both will also take the ether 3.050 length magazines for 6.5 Creedmoor or .300WSM.

Between the two chassis, I would take the Bravo over the MDT just for the weight savings. Though you might want to look at the MDT HNT 26 or the MPA BA Ultra Light Chassis, both without the folding stock are 2.5 pounds and nether require bottom metal.

As far as your build go's, I would go with the KRG Bravo and a 24-inch barrel for .300WSM and a 20-inch barrel for 6.5 Creedmoor. This would let you cover large game in semi open fields with the 300WSM and deer in wooded areas with the 6.5 Creedmoor, like Potter County.

Reactions: YotaEer
The MDT XRS and the KRG Bravo do not need bottom metals like a normal stock would. Both will also take the ether 3.050 length magazines for 6.5 Creedmoor or .300WSM.

Between the two chassis, I would take the Bravo over the MDT just for the weight savings. Though you might want to look at the MDT HNT 26 or the MPA BA Ultra Light Chassis, both without the folding stock are 2.5 pounds and nether require bottom metal.

As far as your build go's, I would go with the KRG Bravo and a 24-inch barrel for .300WSM and a 20-inch barrel for 6.5 Creedmoor. This would let you cover large game in semi open fields with the 300WSM and deer in wooded areas with the 6.5 Creedmoor, like Potter County.
Sorry for the late response, Ive been dealing with some medical issues. In order to keep it light, I was looking at Carbon barrels for when I go hunting. I have looked at quite a few brands and have not decided on who's I want to get. I have read that although Proof is a great barrel company they only do 4 grove in the calibers under 30cal. Ive read that this has a negative affect on the rounds and causes them to break up quickly. I see other companies that offer carbon barrels and am wondering if anyone has experience with them and if the the juice is worth the squeeze? I plan on doing some bench shooting and that is why i like the Zeus action. I plan on a SS barrel for when Im doing that!

I’ve tried a few different ones and keep coming back to the KRG bravo for my tikkas. I’m also in PA and shoot my 6.5 CM suppressed 100% of the time and from a tripod. I don’t hunt from “deer stands” unless it’s archery season. Good bit of walking unless I just sit in a field waiting for the ground hogs to pop up.

Currently weighs in around 11.5 pounds all loaded up. 18” carbon six sendero barrel. Prior barrel was a 20” PVA light Palma which put it at 12.5 pounds. Not an ultra light but I’m not hiking many miles at altitude with it either.

Attachments

• F5CD0D3B-DCC4-4E5A-B8FD-228C77A30200.jpeg
    F5CD0D3B-DCC4-4E5A-B8FD-228C77A30200.jpeg
    432 KB · Views: 98